“Disgusting hotel-not customer service oriented and RUDE!”

La Bella Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #61 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Disgusting hotel-not customer service oriented and RUDE!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Checked in and wanted to change stay to one night only after finding out that I could have "No VIsitors". Brian at desk said 'It's liability". After that discovery I tried to change from two nights to one and he said - you have to call Booking.com (even though it wasn't paid for and all booking sites go by hotel rules/policies.) I said "Fine" and tried to use 2 credit cards to split payment-Nope Brian said he could not do that either. After complaining and getting nowhere I went to the room only to find that the light didn't work, the tv didn't work, and the refrig/micro didn't work. Room wasn't carpeted, bathroom looked dingy. After I told Brian I wanted to leave and go to Conch House he said "I know what goes on there- they've been busted for meth labs and prositiution. Never in my life have I seen a front desk person so unaccomodating. I've worked in hotels at the front desk myself for 3 years, and every hotel I worked at the philosophy was to make the guest happy. Not the philosophy here. Don't Stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed May 20, 2012

They fool you by the online pics. The maids half[--] everything. Made one of two beds. Never changed both trash cans. We had half a roll of tp when we got there? They left a note asking for a tip. They deactivated our room keys every day.The water pressure is literally painful. We called to see if they had breakfast before booking and they said yes but they don't.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Towritelove

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Troy, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had two rooms. One king, one double bed. Rooms have been remodeled recently and were making upgrades to the grounds while we were there. Came with microwave, fridge, and flat screen tv. No hair dryers or irons. Clean, no bed bugs. Beds were comfortable. The best part is the garden and pool overlooking the ocean. Extremely great value. My dbl bed room with three people - $170 for three nights. The owner and manager were very friendly and helpful. This is your basic stay motel, not an high priced Hilton. I will return. Fyi- bring quarters to get your ice

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Jeff C
Orlando
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My daughter and I wanted to stay on the beach in April and the prices were reasonable. Reviews stated clean and no bed bugs so we took our chances. First of all, when we arrived the credit card machine messed up and we were stuck in the office for 30 minutes while the desk clerk waited for the owner to assist with the machine. The owner treated his employee like he was an idiot for not knowing how to fix it. However, the clerk was nice enough to give us a room closer to the pool for our "inconvenience". A couple of days after returning home, I was looking over my statement online and noticed that the hotel had charged us twice for our stay. I called the hotel immediately and the man that answered the phone said he had to take his daughter to school and would call me back. No call back that day. Called my bank and they have credited the charge while it is investigated. Called the hotel back and was by clerk that all I had to do was fax a copy of my statement showing the double charge. Faxed the copy to them and received a call back from the owner stating they would not reimburse because there is a credit on my statement. I explained that the credit is from my bank because I disputed the charges and per the bank rep he would need to repay the bank as he's been paid twice. He refused to reverse my charges stating that the bank already took the money from him. I gave up and decided to let the bank fight it out with him. He will have to repay as he only has one receipt signed by me. I will NEVER stay here again. Do yourself a favor...pay a little extra to avoid the trouble. If I knew I was going to double pay, I could have stayed at the Hilton!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Brandi M
Inverness, Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We booked for Bike Week, had our reservations, were told they didn't have us listed. There were 6 of us with confirmations. Sent to Atlantic Budget after paying here. Turns out owners are related - this was a scam - they had our reservations as the booking service asked why we didn't register. Butdge terrible and cheaper - had to fight for the difference in price at the two hotels. I would never do business with any America's Best Value again.

Room Tip: don't know because we didn't stay