“Excellent food, Great service!”

Bay Street Seafood Market and Deli
Ranked #8 of 388 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

My family and I pulled up and was a bit sceptical from the look of the place. After going in we were glad we went. They had good service, very helpful and nice. The seafood was fresh and everything we had was made there, none off that frozen stuff. Go here and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stopped in for lunch today and had the best fresh haddock I've had in years. The haddock sandwich was delicious, with a generous piece of haddock cooked to perfection. The onion rings were fantastic, as well. Would highly recommend this restaurant to those individuals who are more concerned about the quality of the food vs. the ambiance of the restaurant.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Took a bit to find this little known tucked away place on Bay street. Great food is the norm here, it may be small and hard to find the first time but you will NOT forget it !! EVERYTHING is wonderful but the shrimp and grits are DIVINE !! Small outdoor area to eat as well.Quaint and a place to get serious about flavor. !!! Close to beach street (mainland trendy area) walking distance to all those spots and the river and ballpark.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My church group took two out of town guests to dinner here on a Saturday afternoon. All eight of us were pleased with the variety of the seafood offerings, the prompt service and laid-back atmosphere. It all combined nicely for a 90-minute meal where we could converse casually and feel very much at home. Portions were generous, and nicely presented with no greasy aftertaste. A few minor faults: the location, one short block off downtown Daytona's main drag, is easy to miss. A jazzier storefront or something like a giant fish balloon might help it stand out. The selection of drinks was limited; I was surprised that club soda with lemon was not part of the beverage lineup. Plastic silverware cheapened the atmosphere. Prices are reasonable -- most entrees are in the $8-$15 range, substantially cheaper than other fish houses in the area.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I live about 12 miles from this place. I will drive there and pass dozens of other restaurant options on the way. The food is EXCELLENT and prices are very reasonable. Everything is really fresh and they serve a good sized portion. The last trip there my friend ordered fried shrimp, they were huge. He said they were the best fried shrimp he ever had. The place is small so a little cramped but the food makes up for that. The only negative is they used to blast music which really bothers me in general because I like to relax and be able to talk (softly) to my friends. I think they have lowered the music some but for me a soothing, relaxed, low volume (background) music is far better than blaring "classic rock" in a dining room with poor acoustics. I have this noise problem in many restaurants so maybe other people like this level of volume? Many of my friends dislike blaring music also. I believe they have lowered the volume lately, hope so. Great food, music to loud.