“Great Golf course worth the drive from Orlando” 4 of 5 bubbles

Champions at LPGA International
Minneapolis, MN
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Great Golf course worth the drive from Orlando”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

My wife and I played this course on January 12. The course was in great shape and the greens were fast and smooth. They have a great driving range but balls are not included in your greens fees. We paid $55 each and for that price I would expect to get range balls included. But that is about the only negative.

Customer service is top notch from the attendants at the bag-drop to the beverage cart girl. The Champions course is wide with very few forced carries so players at all levels will enjoy it. The back tees (blue and black) do make it tough so play the proper tees. Also there is a lot of sand on the course so plan to spend a little time on the beach.

The course does stay busy so if you have less than a foursome plan to get paired up. But I must say we have been paired with a bunch of great folks the times we played the course.

The Legends course is more narrow and tree lined so if you don't hit straight plan on losing a few balls.

We will certainly play this course again on our yearly trip to Florida

Visited January 2012
5 Thank RonJac

Chelmsford
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We had Sunday brunch here to celebrate a birthday - choice of food excellent just a shame you cannot try everything as it all looked sooo goood.

Visited June 2011
Jacksonville, Arkansas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Awesome golf course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have played this golf facility several times during my yearly trips to Daytona Beach, FL. The service is ALWAYS first rate from the curbside attendants who are there to assist in (un)loading your clubs from your car to the staff in the golf pro shop and on to the restaurant staff. This is one of those places where every customer is treated as if they are #1 in the eyes of the entire facility staff. There are actually two courses at this facility. The first one is called " the Champions course" and it is set up like a links style course. Plenty of mounding in the wide open fairways, water and sand bunkers strategically placed, all to make each hole challenging but yet very aesthetic to the eye.

The second course is called "the Legends course". It is set up more like your standard golf course with tighter fairways fewer water hazards but still plenty of sand filled bunkers to catch errant shots. During the warmer times of the year you will be able spot several of the usual wild life residents Florida is known for, lounging on the banks of the water hazards on various holes around this course. Yes I am referring to Mr Gator. One of them is quite large and last I checked he was measuring around 16 feet. Depending on who you talk to though you will get various responses as to what he has been named. I have heard him called "George" along with "Fred". There are gators on the Champions course but not to the extent of the Legends.

The greens fees for this facility vary with the time of the day of course. The earlier you play the higher the cost. You would just need to check the fees price depending on the time of day you wish to play. One tip I would give is if you buy two rounds at once you can usually get a pretty nice discount upfront. I usually take advantage of that when I know that I am going to play both courses during my yearly vacations in FL.

The LPGA International, home of the Ladies PGA is definitely a "must play" facility whenever you are in town if you love the game of golf.

Visited March 2011