After an 18 hour drive arriving after the published check in time the last thing you want to hear is sorry your room is not ready but we can downgrade you for the same price. The lobby area was filthy with items strung out on the couches wet towels clothes newspapers and even an open package of cream cheese that I sat on. The tables also hadnt been wiped down from breakfast that ended hours ago and that is where we were told to sit and wait. We decided to sit in the car. When the kids started to get restless we all went in and the lobby was in the same condition so we cleaned a spot ourselves and had a seat waiting for our room to be available. When it finally was it was clear they did a half hazard cleaning job just to get us in. There was sand on the floors hair in the bathtub and garbage in the drawers. We were already exhausted so just made the best of it. Next day impossible to get a chair by the pool because as the week went on we witnessed what people were doing going down during breakfast and putting times on chairs to HOLD them then leaving. That was very rude! While our 4 year old twins were swimming along with a number of other guests for some reason maintenence decided this would be the best time to sweep the pool. With hose winding throughout the pool and kids trying to swim through the hose. The pool man was getting frustrated. Why don't they do this early morning before guests hit the pool. He was even dumping what looked to be chemicals into the pool in very close proximity to where children were swimming. This happened both times we took our grand kids to the pool. We decided to go to the beach instead. 9 times out of ten there were no dry towels by the pool and people were throwing their used sandy dirty towels in the same Rubbermaid container where you pick up your clean towel. Very unsanitary and discusting. Call down for bath towels asked to come down and get them your self. Handed damp unfolded towels. Put out a teaser plate of cookies maybe a dozen or less and saw kids walk away sad front desk saying when there gone there gone. Why even put them out in the first place. The whole experience was a disappointment and unless improvements are made we will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach Shores offers a breath taking view of the Atlantic Ocean. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites is the prefect setting for a family vacation, the corporate traveler or a weekend get-a-way. We offer the finest amenities including private balconies, mini-fridges, microwaves and free Wi-Fi. As our honored guest you will enjoy a large outdoor pool where you can step down on the warm sandy beach. Start your day with our Smart Start Breakfast where you can watch the sun rise over the ocean. For meetings or social events, we offer an executive board room as well as an executive fitness center. You will also want to make time for golf at one of our many championship courses, enjoy the roar of the engines as NASCAR & Daytona International Speedway gear up for the many events; or going to the dogs at Daytona Beach Kennel Club. For the shoppers, there's Volusia Mall and Daytona Flea and Farmers Market. We are minutes to Main Street where it's the place to be during Bike Week and Biketoberfest. Whether you are splashing in the surf, taking a refreshing swim in the pool, you will always remember your Oceanfront getaway to The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach Shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Oceanfront Hotel Daytona Beach
- Palm Plaza Oceanfront Hotel
- Hotel Palm Plaza Oceanfront