WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #41 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Jefferson City, Tennessee
“Excellent Hotel!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is our 3 time staying at this hotel and we love it here, The rooms are clean and all have a full kitchen, fridge, stove, oven and microwave, A balcony in every room and several connecting rooms for family's with children. The pool is nice, and the motel is on the beach. The staff and housekeeping went out of their way to help us, The cost is very reasonable and we will stay again when we return,

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for an ocean view room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank teardrop1955
BeachsideDaytona, General Manager at Beachside Motel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We are so happy that you and your family are making Beachside Motel your home away from home. We enjoy your family's company each trip you come to see us :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We will see you on trip #4...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is the second time this year that I have been to this Hotel for a week at a time. The staff is friendly, and when you have a ocean view its great. The only complaint I have about it is the elevator will sometimes stop a couple inches below the floor, so you would want to watch your step. I have no doubt its safe as myself (350 pounds) my brother in-law (450 pounds) My father (250 pounds), and my sister (175 pounds) were all able to ride on it every day from the 5th floor with no problems.

Room Tip: Any ocean view rooms are great, however rooms with a parking lot view have less noise from A/C units...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for making us your travel destination, we are happy that you chose to stay with us during your visits to Daytona, thank you for bringing to everyone's attention the a/c's they are quieter on the river side, because they are central units and the ocean view rooms, have in room a/c's. Also the elevator issue has been fixed :) We hope to see you again on your next visit to Daytona.
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spent eight days here Aug. 8-11. Staff was exceptional. The view from the fifth floor was amazing. Room was spotless. Looking forward to my next stay. Was in need of some pease and quiet and I got that here. Thanks Tiffany.

Room Tip: Higher the better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kevin O
Kevin,

You are so very welcome :) I'm so glad that you finally got your relaxing time you needed from your busy work life. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit, I'm happy that you enjoyed our staff and motel. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review..
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had the one 2 bedroom suite reserved and pre paid for 1 night on our way to Orlando, we showed up on time and it had been taken by someone else who reserved it for a full week. We were not upset, I can understand they didn't want to lose a full week booking to keep a 1 night booking but I would have liked a courtesy call. They gave us 2 rooms right next door to each other for about 1/2 price each. So we ended up saving a fair amount of money and it was all good. The Motel is smaller than the nearby chain hotels and its a bit out of date in some respects. The hallways are dark and a little dirty, the ceiling tiles are old and dusty, but we didnt come for the hallways. We came for the beach. The beach was great. The pool was great, the room was fair. A little outdated but comfortable. Around the property some things were in need of repair but over all it was worth the money.

If you are looking for a Hilton style stay, then this is not the place for you but if you are here for the beach and not super picky about every detail then you would be happy at the Beachside Motel.

Room Tip: The rooms on higher floors give best view of ocean, ground floor rooms have walk outs directly to th...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sorry to hear that your room was already taken by someone else, we try to accommodate everyone when they request certain rooms, sometimes it is hard due to being a smaller motel, I'm glad you were satisfied with the 2 rooms we did get you in., and some things are and do need to be prepared which we are in the process of working on now, running a motel on the beachside you are never stopping with repairs. Again I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will return again to see us.
Covington, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The initial contact was friendly especially the welcoming office. That was the extent of it, I was literally shocked when I walked into the "2bdrm suite". I walked into 1960s from the cement walls to the frosted caked freez er.. my view was the front parking lot and vacant bldgs across the street.the rooms are big and if they were remodeled the hotel has a perfect location on the beach. The room smelled of meldew and I only assume my room wasnt used often. I must say the room was clean. It doesnt take much to please kids because my kids loved the 8ft deep pool and the easy access to the beach..the saying you get what you pay for gives new meaning to "do more research"..my kids were still happy but they ask why was the lady at the front desk rude because she wouldnt say hello back to them. So im going to assume she didntlike working the night shift.my business is customer service, I personally was disappointed, but mychildren were happy and thats the only reason I stayed.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry you had a bad experience at our motel we strive to make ever guest feel at home, I wish you would have brought your concerns to me and I would have loved to move you to a new room at any time, the room you were in is a riverview room the higher the better. We just recently renovated our rooms, however we are a solid concrete building which is safe for hurricanes, I'm sorry they made you feel like you stepped into the 60's. I hope that you would come back to our motel and pick a higher river view room or all all time famous ocean front rooms and give Beachside another chance to make your vacation as enjoyable as your kids was.
Madisonville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband, daughter, grand daughter and I were there on a mini vacation. This was one of the smaller hotels but don't let the size fool you. It was average but very clean and the staff was awesome. The price was very reasonable and the view was just beautiful. Loved being close to the Board Walk and all the shops. Loved that the pool stayed open all hours because we love going swimming after the sun goes down.

Room Tip: The Third Floor Ocean front. Loved listening to the ocean and watching the sun come up. : )
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are extremely happy that your family enjoyed your mini vacation with us, thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review, we will see you on your next trip to Daytona.
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My hubby and I spent 3 days at Beachside and had a great time. The room was comfortable and clean and as so many others have said, the staff is very friendly and attentive. We had a 4th floor room and the view is spectacular. Great value!

Room Tip: Upper floors have fantastic views of the beach!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased that you you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. We hope to see you again in your travels back to Daytona