“Dance Mom”

Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel was really clean and the location was great. They paid for my cab to the airport because the shuttle service was not available so early in the morning. The staff was friendly. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dave B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Tonda,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay, we greatly appreciate it.

You mention that the property was clean and that the staff was friendly, those are our two main areas of focus every day. Thank you for both noticing and mentioning in your review.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The hotel in and of itself was fine but the beds were hard as a rock and the bathroom could use a little more counter space. The staff was friendly and did all they said they would do. Overall I guess it was an average stay and I did not expect much more with the price I paid.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Stacey,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to hear that you found your bed uncomfortable. Hampton Inn beds are manufactured exclusively for Hampton Inn Hotels by Serta, that said, everybody has their personal preferences.

We were glad to read that you found our staff friendly, our goal is to be Daytona Beach's friendliest and cleanest hotel!

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Great hot breakfast, clean place, great service. I love the Hampton brand because of the breakfast. And! If you can't have breakfast they will give you a bag to go!!! (Make sure you ask for it because they are not always available at sight on the front desk). In this particular occasion my room was a bit too small for my taste and the view was terrible. But it did not matter since their beds are excellent, the halls are quiet and it's very very clean. A bargain for it's price!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Ellen,

"Great hot breakfast, clean place, great service." That is our goal for every guests’ experience, thank you for mentioning these aspects of your stay, as we feel they are the most important.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night recently. Near lots of restaurants and shopping. 1 block from the speedway. Tile floor was sticky, so I dropped a wet washcloth and wiped 3 tiles. Disgusting floor. I always wear flip flops in hotels just for this reason Breakfast was adequate.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AbbysNana01

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding our recent stay.

We were happy to read that you found our location convenient. There is quite a lot to do within walking distance of our property, whether dining, shopping or both!

We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay, we will look into it and make any necessary changes, to help ensure total guest satisfaction.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The girl at the front desk was rude and very condisending. Interrupted me when I would speak and was not accomadating at all. We always pay cash for our rooms and they emailed saying they wanted to put a hold on our card and we didn't want them to hold up the cash on our card for days. She also told us the reason they had to do that was if we were in an accident and couldn't make it there they wanted to be sure the get their money. What kind of reason is that really!!! So the same girl said she wouldn't do it since we were on our way. We arrived an hour later to find out our reservation was cancelled. We reserved a room with 2 beds and was told now they were booked and they gave us a room with a king bed and we had to squeeze a rollaway in there. We stay at Hiltaon and Hampton everywhere we go and are Hilton Honors members and have never had a bad experience until this one. This was the worst stay we have ever had.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dave B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Steve,

I have to say that I was very surprised to read your review on TripAdvisor.

I personally spoke with the person who made your reservation and explained that we were sold out that evening. As we were turning other guests away, we did need a credit card on file that we could authorize for just one night. She told me that she would call me back within one hour with a new credit card, which she did not do.

We simply could not continue to turn other guests away during the day, when we did not hear back from your party. When you arrived, we did our best to accommodate you.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The place is beautiful. Very clean and the staff is super friendly and helpful. And also the free breakfast is great. The only thing is that we left a smart phone charger in the room. I called and asked if they found it and they said they would check in the morning. I didn't hear from them and I called back. They said when they found it they would ship it to me. The 3rd day I called to see if they found it yet and they were not sure and had to talk to housekeeping. I asked them if they sent it to me if I would be charged or do they pay for the shipping. They said I would have to pay, (they didn't say this before on the other call) I told them never mind if I had to pay it I didn't want it. They ended up sending it to me and charging me $9.00! I called them and asked them to listen to the phone conversation where I said I didn't want it if I had to pay and they said they couldn't do that and were not going to take it off my bill and they were sorry! So, just remember, when they say, "Sure! We can ship that to you." Just remember, they won't say you have to pay for it until you ask them. You will be charged! Other than that, great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Dave B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us, we greatly appreciate it.

You stated that you found the property "very clean" and that our staff was "super friendly." Every day we focus on being Daytona Beach's cleanest and friendliest property, it looks as though our efforts are paying off, thank you for both noticing and mentioning in your review.

We apologize for any miscommunication regarding your lost phone charger. Whenever we find a lost item we try to return it to the guest as soon as possible. We can't pay for the shipping of these items and something must have been misunderstood when we spoke with you.

If you return to Daytona Beach area in the near future, please contact me directly. I will adjust your rate, to more than make up for any expense and inconvenience that you experienced.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Pleasant stay in a very nice, clean, and well maintained hotel. Was checked in quickly and enjoyed a very spacious room for the price. Had 2 study places for my wife and I, the internet was very reliable, and felt the beds were very comfortable. Had a quiet night's sleep and was ready for the next day in peace. Would strongly recommend for the price, did not have experience with any extras or breakfast. Sorry.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dave B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

William,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay.

We were glad to hear that you found the property clean and well maintained. We were also glad that you found many other aspects of your stay pleasing: fast internet, comfortable beds, spacious lobby with sitting areas.....etc.

We hope to welcome you back soon!