“Nice Hotel but dont bother going to Lounge Female Bar Tenders control the TV!”

Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Airport
Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
WPB
“Nice Hotel but dont bother going to Lounge Female Bar Tenders control the TV!”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

This annoyed me so much i had to write a review.

This is a nice Hotel, however, I went to the Lounge 2 nights in a row to watch the NBA finals and the bartenders would not consider changing the channel from "Dancing with the Stars". There was a full bar and we were told to go watch an old TV on the other side of the room. Bar stools are limited but they had no problem using one of them to sit and watch there show. God forbid you need a drink and have to interupt there show!! I was ready to spend some money and watch the game but wound up going back to my room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jpmoney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
florida
Reviewed April 14, 2011

What an awsome hotel and #1 staff.
The rooms were large, clean and beds were excellent.
The breakfast was "the best".
Close to everything.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I used to stay at this hotel every week last year and the reason I did was the front desk staff. The always welcomed me and made me confortable. I recently stayed there again after a long time. The staff remembered and welcomed me back. They recently renovated and the rooms are very nice. The room service staff was very pleasant and wanted to make sure everything was to my liking. The chef in the morning is always pleasant and welcomes me back. The morning waitstaff are not the most accomodating but it's just breakfast. The treadmills in the fitness center are always working (which is hard to come by these days). The reason I will continue going back is that they make me confortable when I have to be away from home and that to me is priceless.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank finallytravelling45
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Such a clean and well kept place to stay! So happy we stayed here ! Highly recommend for all ! You ask and they will take care of you promptly . Will return again!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Stoplicking
Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Daytona Beach last night and was horrified at the condition of the bathtub! There was MUCH mold around the tub.

See attached pictures.

I'll definitely stay elsewhere in the future!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank AnthVick
Pipeline-1, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2010
The Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Airport has to meet stringent inspection guidlines set forth at the property level as well as Hilton Hotels corporation. The Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Airport has consistently received "Outstanding" Quality assurance evaluations from Hilton Hotels Corporation, Mobil ratings, AAA and all other concerned parties. We gladly welcome any inspection. We have always been rated one of the top hotels in the entire southeast for guest loyalty, satisfaction, cleanliness and problem resolution. We are particularly proud of our consistent highest rating in these rankings since our opening on 2001. This room was to be put out of service for maintenance and was not to be sold. It was not. We dropped the ball. We encourage our guests to provide us feedback not only to make our hotel better but to give us an opportunity to resolve the matter to their satisfaction. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations. We continue to be strongly commited to providing the best hotel rooms to our guests. When we fail we will take responsibility.
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I liked my room. The usual Hilton Garden Inn. Nothing more nothing less. The staff however, was not very helpful. They seemed almost rude at times. I recommend staying at another location. Perhaps Palm Coast? The staff there is Very helpful and I believe it is a newer location within 30mins of this one.

• Stayed December 2010
4 Thank OnlyNickki
New Mexico
Reviewed January 28, 2010

We stayed over night and everything seemed fine. I was a little shocked at the bill with all the taxes and local fees and what not. Almost $200 a night I would expect a little more than what I paid for.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple