“Clean Room, Comfy Bed, Great Service”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Clean Room, Comfy Bed, Great Service”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The room was very clean! My husband and I slept better than we did in our own bed! Also, we left our children's IPad in one of the drawers after checking out...didn't notice until we get back home! We thought it was gone for good. My husband called the hotel and they sent a maintenance man up and he found it where we left it in a drawer next to the bed (surprised though, that the cleaning lady didn't find it?) They got our address and shipped it back to us (we paid shipping) and we got it back QUICK! My only issue when we got it back, we opened the box they sent it in and the smell of smoke poured out of the box and is lingering on the IPad. Oh well, atleast we got it back and that has NOTHING to do with the type of hotel this was. The pool area was great. The view was fabulous. The breakfast was pretty good....kind of pricey for not having too much on the buffet, but the make your own waffle station was AWESOME! I will definitely stay here again whenever we go back to Daytona! My sis n law stayed in the Jacuzzi room and she said it was AWESOME! Definitely getting that room next time! Can't wait to go back and enjoy Dayton and the Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites. and that you got your ipad back in one piece. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you and your family again real soon.

Leah Klindt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My family and I decided to stay at this hotel because of the location being right on the beach. Huge mistake!!! Nice beach, however horrible hotel experience. First, the hotel check in time is 4 PM which I thought was rather late in the day to check in. We arrived early decided to go to the beach until our room was ready, however once we returned from the beach at 4PM our room still was not ready; my family as well as other families were waiting in the lobby area for rooms to be cleaned. We stayed in a King Suite room 328. The room was not very clean and the air conditioning system did not work!!! We received no cold air and the system made loud noises all during the night. I called to complain about the system around midnight and the staff member responded by saying that the maintenance team was unavailable until the morning and provided us with a portable fan. It was a nice gesture, however the fan did not resolve our problem with the loud noises coming from the air conditioning system. Also, my niece has asthma, therefore we could not stay in a hot and stuffy room all night. My family and I decided to leave and drive back home to Orlando around 2 AM. I would not recommend this hotel room to anyone, however the location of the hotel was great for the beach!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We are very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not live up to our standards and your expectation. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure all rooms are ready by check in time which is 4pm. On summer weekends when the hotel is full and other guests don't check out on time we run into some problems. We thank you for your comments and we will learn from them and aim for higher goals in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We made last-minute reservations here, and Devin at the front desk accomodated our requests and needs with patience and excellent customer service. We arrived to two very clean, updated, comfortable, well-appointed rooms on the 5th floor with great ocean views. While we were packing our cars after checking out, the housekeeper ran after us after finding my Mom's glasses left behind in the bed...so nice! The facility was very clean, all of the staff very friendly, and we would definitely return. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We are very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be accommodating during your stay with us. We hope you will return on your next visit to Daytona Beach. thank you for talking the time to let us know how your visit was.

Old Hickory, Tennessee
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The location on the beach is nice. It is a bit of a distance from the Ocean Walk and restaurants. The pool is clean and refreshing. We had a room on the fifth floor with a great view of the beach. Parking next to the hotel is limited with additional parking across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday inn Hotel& Suites. It's approximately 1 mile to the oceanwalk/boardwalk area from our hotel. Not a bad walk on the beach on a nice day. As for the parking it is limited on the east side of the street, but we are lucky to have a overflow parking lot on the west side of the street for our guests at no charge, We hope to see you again next time you visit Daytona Beach.

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2014

we do a girl trip every year and stay at The Holiday Inn at Daytona Beach - right on the beach - pool is clean and the customer service was great - Leah Klindt the General Manager was very accommodating to our needs and our 75 yr old mother who started this trip 30 yrs ago. Thanks and see you next Memorial Weekend

Room Tip: choose the ocean side and sit on the patio every morning for the sunrise and the evening for the sun...
Green Features: the hotel was going through some changes and Leah was very attentive
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Good morning and thank you for returning year after year to enjoy your trip to Daytona Beach and staying with us here at the Holiday inn Hotel & Suites. Thank you for the compliment and Hope to see all of you next year. Your chairs are waiting for you on the pool deck.

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My family and I were disappointed with second floor rooms because the "bird's eye view" of the parking lot was a distraction to the ocean view; the courteous staff told us we could not be moved to an upper floor because there was no other availability (even though I had made the reservations two months in advance and we had arrived at the hotel for check-in very early in the day). However, upon my request, my granddaughter and I were moved from our corner room, which had a very dirty corner window and a jacuzzi tub in the living room, to a regular room, albeit same floor.

I was surprised to receive a charge for breakfast because I had interpreted my 2014 AAA book as stating that breakfast was free; due to the confusion, the hotel staff was kind enough to remove this charge. My family and I enjoyed a delicious supper in the hotel's restaurant; our only complaint was the very over-salted mashed potatoes.

Upon arriving home, I realized that I had been overcharged by $10 per night per room because of exceeding two guests per room; this was not the case, as my granddaughter and I occupied one room, and my daughter and her husband occupied the second room. This error was also corrected, and my credit card was reimbursed for the overcharge.

Between the rooms' location on the 2nd floor, the confusion about the breakfast charge, and the overcharged rate for the rooms, I was quite an unhappy camper after this visit. I did, however, receive positive communications from the management with a gift certificate to return for a better experience.

All staff members were very respectful and courteous. Other than the dirty outside corner window in the corner room, the hotel appeared to be immaculately clean. The housekeeping staff was friendly and professional. The hotel was in a great location for our needs. If either I and/or my daughter's family decide to return to Daytona Beach, we will use the gift certificate to give this hotel another try because, in spite of the problems we encountered, the staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor if you don't want the view and noises of the parking lot, and avoid the c...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Eileen6828
I'm sorry to hear you had a few problems during your visit but I'm glad to hear that the staff here at the hotel was accommodating and friendly. We aim to make all of our guests happy ones, we're sorry if we fell short of making your visit perfect.Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent visit.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Me and my wife just got back from Daytona Beach from staying at this hotel. Nice hotel in quiet area compared to other hotels nearer boardwalk. Warning its a good walk to boardwalk from hotel but its a walk on the beach you might enjoy. Wear a lot of sunblock. Food at restaurant was great as well as the service. I would recommend this for a quieter side of the beach.

Room Tip: Just ask for oceanfront they are all the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, it is approximately a mile to the boardwalk area from our hotel & yes your correct about the sunscreen always put it on when going outside in Florida. We hope to see you again soon Thank you for your compliments I will share them with my team.