Returned home after a weeks stay on Daytona Beach. Had an oceanfront room on the beach just before tropical storm Hanna traveled by (120 miles offshore). Room was very reasonably priced for an oceanfront and was clean & quiet. We had a great view of the ocean,beach,pool, & courtyard from our balcony. Had heard about bad parking due to a limited sized lot around the hotel & an overflow lot across the street. We had no problem always finding a spot in the closest lot but to park across the street wouldn't have been a big deal. The road was very easy to cross even though it's 4 lanes there was limited traffic at most times of the day.
The boardwalk & pier are about a mile and 1/2 down the beach which we walked daily for some exercise and people watching. The boardwalk has some resturants (Bubba Gump Shrimp), bars, and movie theater. Across the street from the boardwalk is a amusement area with go-karts,mini-golf, arcade, & waterpark. A little further down is the pier which also has a bar & resturant where you can sit & watch the ocean.The beach was relatively clean and hard packed for great walking. At night the beach was very dark as the turtle season is on & hotels aren't allowed to have lights on the beach as it confusses the turtles laying their eggs.
The hotel's resturant had good breakfast that could be enjoyed out under the canopy (perfect during the rain) or good pizza we had sitting at the outside bar in the evening.The outside bar & eating area have a large roof over it so you won't get wet or bake in the sun. The pool is large with a deep end(10') with plenty of loungers. Also there is a sunbathing area off to one side with tables & chairs.
We had some dificulty with the front desk. Check in & out were problem free. When we attempted to print our boarding passes out on their computer the printer was broken with no sign indicating such. The computer was also set up that every 5 minutes it would just shut down so you had to work fast or lose everything you were doing. There was a problem getting pool towels from the front desk sometimes as they had no one picking up the used ones laying around the pool until late at night. It took 3 days to finally get a Showtime guide for the TV so we knew what was on. The elevators were extremely slow also so many times we took the stairs(we were on the 5TH floor).
All in all we would stay there again. Other than some front desk staff & problems it was a great place to stay.
We will return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach offers a breath taking view of the Atlantic Ocean. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites is the prefect setting for a family vacation, the corporate traveler or a weekend get-a-way. We offer the finest amenities including private balconies, refrigerators, microwaves and free Wi-Fi. As our honored guest you will enjoy a large outdoor pool and tropical courtyard where you can step down on the warm sandy beach. Enjoy a cool tropical drink at the Seaside Oceanfront Lounge. Start your day in our Seaside Cafe where you can enjoy breakfast outside on the veranda and watch the sun rise over the ocean, end your day by relaxing with cocktails and one of our many dinner specials. For meetings or social events, we offer an executive board room as well as a beautiful ballroom with views of the ocean. You will also want to make time for golf at one of our many championship courses, enjoy the roar of the engines as NASCAR & Daytona International Speedway gear up for the many events; or going to the dogs at Daytona Beach Kennel Club. For the shoppers, there's Volusia Mall and Daytona Flea and Farmers Market. We are minutes to Main Street where it's the place to be during Bike Week and Biketoberfest. Whether you are splashing in the surf, taking a refreshing swim in the pool, you will always remember your Oceanfront getaway to The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Daytona Beach
- Holiday Inn Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Holiday Inn