“Fantastic Hotel With An Exceptional Staff!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #20 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Fantastic Hotel With An Exceptional Staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my Mother who had recently had been released from the hospital and was in a Wheelchair. We came over from Orlando for the night because we had a concert to go to at the Peabody Auditorium. I always expect good service from IHG brands but this hotel provided me with one of my best experiences ever. Chris at the front desk was fantastic. I had failed to ask for an accessible room when I booked the reservation but he upgraded us at no charge to a much better room since I was a priority club member. We had a balcony and an Ocean View and it was perfect! Angelo at the front desk was also very helpful with setting up a needed late checkout.

The real jewel was the restaurant and bar staff. Alena was just THE BEST. She delivered exceptional service with a smile on both days. Since Mom was in a wheelchair we couldn't go down to the beach so the covered tile Deck with fans that looked out over the beach and pool was perfect for our needs. "Six" at the restaurant bar provided good service as well. The food was great. On the morning we checked out, we ordered room service for breakfast and it was one of the best values (for room service) that I've come across.

The hotel was clean and the rooms were typical for the brand. Beds were comfy and there was an in-room safe, mini fridge, microwave, & coffee Maker. The accessible shower was perfect for my mother's needs

I continue to remain loyal to IHG brands because of the service I always receive. This hotel was one of the best yet (Mostly because of the service) and my mother and I were treated exceptionally well. I highly recommend this property and will DEFINITELY be back! Great job!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert C
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
It was so nice to read your review this morning, especially about how helpful our team was and how you and your mom were taken care of by our entire staff. We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and let us know how you were treated during your recent visit We hope we see you both again real soon.

Leah Klindt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Glassboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel during the 2nd week of August. We have vacationed here in the past, although not for a couple of years. Rooms had been renovated very nicely since our last visit. The hotel wasn't crowded which made our stay even better. The lobby is spacious and comfortable. The outside deck and pool area is very nice. The restaurant is very good. The staff is especially good. We recognized a number of staff members from years ago. That is a very good sign. Looks like staff enjoys working there and appears that management values their experienced staff. Staff members were very polite, always greeting us, holding doors open, leaving the elevator so that we could enter - all positive in their demeanor. The restaurant and bar staff were excellent. Although I'm failing to remember most names, a young man named Angelo at the front desk was particularly kind and gracious. These staff members reflect well on Holiday Inn. The outside restaurant particularly provides a great start to the day. Access to the beach is excellent. Only 2 suggestions: 1) outside tables would benefit from daily tabletop cleaning; 2) suggest removing the Reserved for Management signs in the parking lot across the street. There is plenty of parking in that lot and those signs suggest that Management is more important than guests, which I do not think is the case. Would love to return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 885Liz
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites I'm happy you found our team to be helpful & polite.We do value our employees and I think this is why you see some of the same faces as you have in past years. Thank You for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My family and I held our family reunion this year and picked this hotel to stay at. Prior to our stay several of the family members visited several hotels in the area where we were given tours of the different hotels and told or shown what all was included. We all picked the Holiday Inn & Suites Daytona Beach as they very professional, easy to work with and so pleasant to deal with not to mention being offered at a reasonable rate. All that aside when the time came we were all treated so well, everyone from the front desk, bartender, restaurant staff, housekeeping and just everyone we dealt with was always smiling and very eager to help us with whatever we requested. The rooms were clean, the hotel was updated and decorated beautifully, the dining room was bright and clean, the bar was so accommodating and did I mention there were 84 of us staying at the hotel. I just can't say enough but our "Family Reunion" was one of the best ones we have ever had and it had a lot to do with staying at this hotel. I recommend highly. Sincerely, Kathleen Connor

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So delighted you feel you picked the right venue for your families gathering and you found The Holiday Inn Hotel & suites & our staff to be the right place all around. Cleanliness, attitude, comfort. We thank you for taking the time to let us know about your past stay with us and we hope you and your family come back again real soon.

Thanks Again,

Sugar Land, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great stay in a large suite that had both a city and ocean view. Breakfast service in the dining room was slow. They could use at least one more waffle maker and it is self serve, there seemed to always be a line. Bartender in the bar was excellent. Right on the beach with access down a few stairs. Free parking: limited parking on premise, but a large parking lot across the street (but the street can get busy, so be careful). Less than 1 mile from the boardwalk. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BattleRedTexans
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Parking on the beachside in Daytona is a struggle at all hotels. We are so fortunate to have the parking lot across the street at no charge. We also don't have a resort fee which some hotels do. Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. These reviews good or bad are all used as tools to help me and my team become even better at what we offer and how we take care of our guests. Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Crystal River, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a wonderful time in Daytona Beach, FL. Our hotel room was updated, very clean and the bed was so comfortable, even with a choice of soft or firm pillows. The breakfast buffet was awesome!!! Pool and beach were fabulous. Would definitely stay there again (5 stars rating for us)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Let me start by saying Thank you for your 5 star rating. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences with myself & my team, All of us try very hard to make sure each of our guests enjoy there time here at the hotel & Beach.We hope this means we will see you on a return visit. Hope to see you soon.

Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went to Daytona Beach in mid August. It was a great time since schools in Florida had started and the place was empty. We had the pool and beach to ourselves for the most part. The weather was 50% fabulous and 50% rainy and cool and I wasn't expecting that--so take that into consideration. We chose Daytona because it is always cheap to fly to Orlando. It was an easy hour's ride to the beach. The ocean was beautiful--the beach is packed sand--enough so that cars drive on it all the time--also not to everyone's liking. The hotel was very nice.Our King size bed was extremely comfortable as was the bedding. We had a fridge and a microwave, but the coffee machine and its replacement did not work. I was expecting a place that was past its prime--not just the hotel but the whole town and that was certainly true, but still there were some lovely restaurants, beautiful scenery, inexpensive prices. I thought it was a hidden gem of a destination. Our hotel was on the main street but far enough away from the motorcycle crowd to be quiet. I was glad we went but not a glam local.

Room Tip: It was worth the extra money to have an ocean view. I took a room on the top floor at the end of the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
August can be one of those months 50/50 if you came after school started here in Florida I'm sure you found the hotel to be quite. Sorry the weather couldn't have been better for you and your family during this visit. Sometimes I wish I had a control box in my office to control the weather it would just make things much easier especially during the rainy season. I feel bad for people who come to the beach and then have bad weather. We hope that you enjoyed the hotel & that you will choose to stay with us again next time you come to Daytona Beach. thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Hope to see you soon,

Ocala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

had 14 people and 4 rooms, my family. The rooms were clean, everyone very friendly. Parked my car on Friday and did not get into it until time to go home. Saw the fireworks from my balcony. Resturant was very good. Had the best waitress, Jessica. She took care of us both nights. Will come back

Room Tip: beach front with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fire works from your balcony great food and enjoyable customer service clean rooms that's what we like to hear. All of us here at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites are so happy that you have written that you would like to return to our hotel. We would also like to Thank You for taking the time to write this review to let us know how your stay with us was during your recent visit.We hope to see you again real soon. glad you enjoyed your vacation with us.