“Holiday Inn & Suites 930 Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. I spent 4 nights there during Bike Week. They were exceptionally cordial to all the bikers. The room was updated, roomy and modern. It was perfectly located to keep you close to all the action but far enough away to allow for a break from the noise. A well kept secret is their restaraunt. The food was excellent and the beer was always cold. The restaraunt and bar staff were friendly and knowledgable. The front desk team was friendly and exceptionally helpful as well. I'm a bit of a hotel snob and was a little skeptical in staying here but it was the only game in town due to my late attempt at finding a room. Good thing I stayed here, it was a pleasant surprise. So much so, i'm going to stay here every year going forward.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I'm so happy our team here at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites surprised you with our service & hospitality, in our Bistro & Bar. I was also glad to hear that one of our reservation agents was able to find you a room. We look forward to your next visit to our well kept secret. Call in advance and make your reservations at 386-255-5494.We're happy you had a nice time and I will share your compliments with our staff. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay it let's us know what we're doing right and what we might need to work on. Hope to see you soon.

Thanks Again,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Upon checking in the front desk was efficient and my room was clean. The view is spectacular... But what really makes this hotel great was the bistro ... Patty and Anita were the most friendly and welcoming people... The food was excellent and I felt at home here ..
I mean if u can go there when patty and Anita are on stafff your extremely lucky! I've been here with my wife before last year and to come back to familiar faces who are welcoming efficient knowledgable and sweet by nature I can tell you I will always come back here while on business and on vacation..

• Stayed: March 2013
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

It so exciting to see team members mentioned by name Patty is a long time fixture here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites and Anitia is a new commer with the same customer service skills, we're very happy you came back to our hotel this year and found everything including your food service up to your standards, the Bistro's food is very good and good food good service means repeat guests, we're also happy you found the front desk staff and housekeeping team to have the same outstanding service skills. We look forward to you returning again when you are in the Daytona Beach area. Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel &staff.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent time , Hotel is located in the perfect location to the downtown bike week events within walking distance or take the bus ride all day for $3.00. Rooms were very clean and in excellent working order, breakfast was amazing , didn't use the pool just a little too cold but the beach was nice and right in their back yard. Staff were all more than willing to make our stay the most enjoyable as possible from checking in to giving directions and making dining selections THANKS Neil.One characteristic that makes your stay memorable is the way you`re treated by the staff and this place has that hands down! We'll be back THANKS Neil.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are worth it
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Motorcyclemom
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I'm so glad to hear that the staff & the hotel met your expectations and it's also fantastic to hear you'll be back, for a repeat visit. Your review is right on the money it takes a great staff to have a successful hotel that guests want to come back to. My staff & I would like to thank you for taking the time to extend your compliments. I will will post this review for Neil & our staff to read.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I picked this hotel based on the review from tripadvisor. My stay was great however, I cannot rate this property as perfect due to several issues. My first issue is that upon check-in I gave the gentleman my name. He proceeds to ask me if I am at the right hotel. My last name is very uncommon; maybe you should have asked for the spelling before you assume that I do not know where I am! The second issue has to do with the restaurant on site. Again it was chosen due to the greate reviews. Our waitress the first night was horrible! She could not answer simple questions regarding the menu and she refilled our water glasses periodically without asking us if we ever wanted anything to drink other than water. The parking in the hotel lot was very limited due to the beginning of Bike Week, but there is an overflow lot across the street. The positives include the room was enormous and so was the bathroom. The room is equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. The view of the ocean and the pool was awesome. The steaks at the at the bistro looked very appetizing. The breakfast was amazing! Kudos to the remainder of the staff they made up for the horrible experiences on the first night. Overall I would stay at this property again. In addition, this location is also walking distance to lots of eateries including my favorite Starbucks!

Room Tip: To maximize your experience I would choose an ocean view room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

I was very disappointed to read this review this morning, but I have already discussed your check in concerns with the team member that checked you in on how he should handle not being able to find a guests reservation upon arrival. I also adressed your comments about the team member in the Bistro with our food and beverage director, he has already talked to your server about the lack of service you recieved. I was glad to hear you liked your room and that you recieved good service & a good product for your breakfast needs in our dinning room. My team tries very hard to make sure all our guest recieve great customer service so your review was helpful and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we are doing right and what we might need to work on. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Daytona Beach. Thanks again for your comments & compliments.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Being a business traveler, you might think this would not be the ideal time to visit Daytona....This hotel makes that way of thinking go away. They have upped their staff levels to accommodate the full house of guests. Front desk staff are friendly and quick to get you checked in and patient enough to give you the most complex of directions. The rooms and public areas were immaculate. Service in both the bar and restaurant was impressively quick and food was excellent. Carrot cake is the best that I've ever had (Check with Patti the bartender...its her recipe). Overall it was an excellent 3 day stay and I will be back in 6 weeks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

That's what we like to hear No Problems, I'm happy my team could accomodate you during this busy time. & still make your visit feel special. As for the food and desserts they are quite tasty & most of them are homemade haven't tried carrott cake but most of the food I can vouch for. We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we will see you soon, thanks for taking the time out of your day to let me know how we did during your last visit with us glad to hear you'll be coming back.

General Manaager

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My father and I stayed here for 5 nights during speed week for the Daytona 500. Every member of the staff that we had interaction with was friendly and helpful. The front desk suggested a shuttle, to and from the track, that was timely and cost less that the fee for parking. The food, service and prices in the restaurant were much better than I expected. The room we had was one of the quietest hotel rooms I have stayed in and both my father and I made comments on the comfortable beds. As far as location goes, this hotel is on a wonderful stretch of beach and close to many things we wanted to do.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

In your review I think you touched on all aspects of the hotel and I'm glad we're hitting on all cylinders, haha...Glad to hear that you & your dad had a great speed week here in Daytona Beach. When that event comes to Daytona Beach, how the drivers start their engines we start ours as well. It's the beginning of our season as well as the nascar season. Thanks for sharing your comments with me & my staff. We hope you will stay with us again on a return trip to Daytona Beach if not for a race maybe just to relax by the pool or on the beach. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here 2/27/2013-3/5/2013. We were happy with the size of the both the room and bathroom. Both were immaculate on our arrival and throughout our stay. The cleaning staff is awesome! Only down side, is that I would not recommend a room on the street, due to the street noise. The third night of our stay we had to deal with some loud spring breakers on our floor. We called the front desk and they addressed our concerns immediately. A couple hours later they started up again and my husband called the front desk again. A few minutes late we her a knock on the door of the the offending room. The next morning my husband went to the front desk to thank the manager for handling the problem so quickly. Lisa, was very apologetic and explain this was a rare occurrence for this hotel. She then offered us an upgrade to an ocean front room (which we took) as well as coupons for breakfast. I would most definitely stay here again. Beautiful room, exceptionally clean, great customer service, good rates, convenient, I think that covers it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank takara59
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I'm very happy to hear that our evening security and management took care of the noise problems quickly. Sorry it didn't last. As for the city side rooms they are a little less expensive but this doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to sleep.There are sometimes through out the year that that side is a little louder than normal. I'm glad Lisa took care of you and upgraded you to the quiet oceanfront room. We hope you enjoyed that & your breakfast. We hope on your return visit to Daytona Beach that you will stay with us again, on the oceanfront. We hope to see you again real soon. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts & compliments with me & my staff. Glad we could all make your stay an enjoyable one.