“Overall a good hotel with GREAT customer service”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here 2/27/2013-3/5/2013. We were happy with the size of the both the room and bathroom. Both were immaculate on our arrival and throughout our stay. The cleaning staff is awesome! Only down side, is that I would not recommend a room on the street, due to the street noise. The third night of our stay we had to deal with some loud spring breakers on our floor. We called the front desk and they addressed our concerns immediately. A couple hours later they started up again and my husband called the front desk again. A few minutes late we her a knock on the door of the the offending room. The next morning my husband went to the front desk to thank the manager for handling the problem so quickly. Lisa, was very apologetic and explain this was a rare occurrence for this hotel. She then offered us an upgrade to an ocean front room (which we took) as well as coupons for breakfast. I would most definitely stay here again. Beautiful room, exceptionally clean, great customer service, good rates, convenient, I think that covers it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank takara59
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I'm very happy to hear that our evening security and management took care of the noise problems quickly. Sorry it didn't last. As for the city side rooms they are a little less expensive but this doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to sleep.There are sometimes through out the year that that side is a little louder than normal. I'm glad Lisa took care of you and upgraded you to the quiet oceanfront room. We hope you enjoyed that & your breakfast. We hope on your return visit to Daytona Beach that you will stay with us again, on the oceanfront. We hope to see you again real soon. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts & compliments with me & my staff. Glad we could all make your stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

to be honest, we haven't been to this place yet!! why am i writing a review?? Easy, i want to say how brilliant their customer service is, even before we arrive! we are vdue to arrive at this hotel on the 4th of April. i wanted to try and get a certain type of room and sent just a 'hopeful' email to them. the response was almost instant and very, very helpful. the General Manager, Leah Klindt, answered and asked what we would like, i asked if it would be possible to know if we had a non smoking room and what type we would get. within just a few moments she replied with the details and wow!!! what details! two wonderful ocean view rooms for us on high floors, 'would that be ok for you?' ofcourse, that was superb but i wanted to see if i would be able to change one of them. at this point i expexted the reply to be something like, look, you got what you asked for, be satisfied! but again, Leah was wonderful and asked what we would like, she then sent details of the two rooms she had now allocated to us asking if it was 'good'
now THAT'S what i call customer service :-) if the stay is half as good it will be brilliant and we are now soooo looking forward to it. Thanks very much Leah.

Room Tip: if you want great customer service........ just ask!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Oh My what a nice review I try to lead by example and I have no doubt Mr. Hickling that everyone you encounter during your stay with us here at theHoliday Inn Hotel & Suites will live up to your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience with us & we look forward to your visit with us in April. I'm sure you will be pleased. If I can do nything else for you before your arrival or while your here please feel free to contact me by email or ask for me at the front desk. I hope that once you stay with us you will share your experience with us again on trip advisor, so I know how my team treated you.

Look Forward to meeting you,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Had a great 5 days at this Hotel. Rooms were clean and UP-DATED!!. The staff really made us feel that we were appreciated and they understood that there are many choices for customers to choose from when it comes to accommodations. Special thanks! to Ria for getting us in on short notice and Leah for her help with the locked car keys.

Mark R

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

your correct there are alot of choices when it comes to Hotels in our area I'm glad you found our hotel to be clean updtaed and friendly, we hope that when you come back to Daytona you choose us again. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we rate.We're very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The staff at the front-desk, especially Neil and Ria, answered several of our questions about the Daytona area and provided feedback that helped to make our stay even more enjoyable. The Dining room waitresses and waiter were so nice and we appreciated their kindness! My wife and I could not get over how comfortable the bed was. I cannot remember sleeping on a hotel bed with this much comfort. Only one ding...this hotel should look into putting air-conditioning in the excercise room. I realize that one should sweat when excercising, however this is Florida and we thought we were going to pass out from the heat exhaustion.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff was helpful and polite during your stay.We hope when you return to Daytona Beach you choose to stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know we're doing a god job. If we can help you in making a reservation for the future please feel free to contact us directly at 386-255-5494.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for the Daytona 500. Everyone was accomodating. The hotel was clean, rooms were comfortable. The bed was actually very comfortable! We had several meals in the dining room and all food was great. Agree that the 3 course meal and a glass of wine for $15 was a great deal. A special thank you to Leah the GM, Lisa the front office manager and Anita in the dining room. The rest of the staff was pleasant and always helpful. Having the beach right outside the back door was a pleasure. Sign up for the Priority Club, you will get free coffee! (saves you $2.50, we probably saved about $30 during the trip) Transportation was easily accessible to and from the hotel. Have the hotel call for service, the transportation company gives better deals that way. We did not have a car. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us here at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites on the Ocean, We happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and we hope you return again real soon if you would like help in making your reservations for the future please feel free to contact us at 386-255-5494. We look forward to you returning to be our guests again.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Neil at the front desk went above and beyond. Where else can you be treated like a VIP for this price. Great room too. I want this bed! And the choice between the firm or soft pillows was an added bonus.

• Stayed: February 2013
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Great place to stay!! I would have to agree, I was so happy to hear that Neil took good care of you during your visit, The pillows are a added pleasure, this way you have a choice. I would like to say thank you for taking the time to let me know that my staff is treating our customers the right way. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed for the races, and was impressed with the facilities and staff. It's a nice, clean hotel, and the food there is both quality and inexpensive! - A 3-course meal with wine for $15 - Awesome! - It's close to numerous other great sites, and attractions.

A special shout-out to Nichole at the Bar, and Ria and Ashley at the front desk. :) - Leah, are you paying these girls enough? ;)

See you next year, I've already booked!

Room Tip: Obviously the Ocean-view is the way to go.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dan C

It's so exciting to hear great things about the hotel. I think you touched on all departments, in your compliment and that makes me happy. Our entire staff try's so very hard to make sure everyone enjoy's their stay, we're happy Ria & Ashley along with Nicole took such good care of you. The restaurant meals are very tasy & affordable thank for that compliment too. We look forward to your next visit and are happy to see you already boooked for next year. We're also happy you found your accommodations clean and up to your standards.Thanks again for taking the time to let all of us know you enjoyed your stay.

See you Soon,