“Unhappy with management”

GreenLeadersSilver level
York, South Carolina
“Unhappy with management”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I used trip advisor to find this hotels. Trip advisor has not let me down before, but this time it did. I looked up several hotels when I was planning my trip and came upon holiday inn. Decided it had great reviews and called the hotels to get pricing for groups. I spoke with Lisa (the manager on duty at the time). Nice on the phone but very deceiving, was very rude in person. I spoke with her about parking on the phone. i explained we would have a trailer and asked if there would be enough parking for us. she said yes and explained that the best part about the hotel is we don't charge you to park like all the rest of the hotels around here. We came down for biketoberfest, drove 8 hours, had a trailer full of bikes and get here to find out no trailers allowed on property. All trailers will be physically cut off your trucks and towed away. The best part about this is they wanted us to park our trailer about 3-5 miles away in a parking lot and pay $1 per foot per day on the trailer. When I spoke with lying Lisa (I now very fondly like to call her) she got very defensive and told me there was no way she had this conversation with me. All I wanted was for her to say I'm sorry we must have had a miscommunication. I wish there was something I could do, but unfortunately this is our policy. Instead she said I can check you out. Yeah like I'd like to drive 8 hours so I can spend more time looking for another hotel that's going to charge out the ying yang. Fact of the matter is I had to live with it or get out. We moved the trailer to where we were told. Come to find out there is only about 5 trailers in this lot and everybody around town is able to park there trailers at there hotels even though its supposedly against city ordinances. I was lied to, treated like scum when I called her out on it, and then disregarded. She told me when I booked the reservation that she wanted to make sure I'd come back, and I told her that I will never come back. She told me good! I don't care! So this is why I'm writing this so that people know what kind of managers are running this place. The kind that don't care about there unhappy customers. A policy is a policy. I just don't want to be deceived and I wanted to be apologized to and everything would have been ok. Don't believe everything you read on reviews. They aren't always true. Good luck. There are a lot of old and trashy hotels down here. I hope to one day find one I'm happy with in Daytona beach. From here on out I'm going to make sure everyone knows that management doesn't care at holiday inn. I've already let a few other of there customers know what kind of business they are running. I won't ever forget her telling me she didn't care if I never came back. Thanks for nothing lying Lisa.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jennifer M
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I was very surprised to see this review, Lisa has been on our staff for over three years and knows our policies, Also as you can see from other reviews on Trip Advisor that Lisa goes above and beyond for all of our guests, if you check on line on any of our web sites it does state that we do not allow trailer parking we just don't have enough parking for trailers bikes truck during these special event's and as you saw when you checked in there were no other trailers parked in our lots. I also believe that you parked your trailer in our lot the night of your arrival and the following morning we asked you to move it, and at that that time the front desk gave you options on where your trailer could be kept during your visit. I have discussed your concerns with Lisa, and we all very sorry you feel you were mislead in anyway. please feel free to conact me by phone at 386-255-5494 to discuss. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We use all these reviews good or bad as learing tools for the management and staff.

Leah Klindt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Loved the Hotel but most of all the staff. I was very tired, booked online was looking for a hotel on the beach. I got there and was greeted by the front desk agent at midnight last night she was amazing loved loved her. In the morning had breakfast on the back patio at their restaurant A plus plus. When we checked out the agent this afternoon she gets an A plus as well . I highly recommend. Rooms were very clean and very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
it's great to get comments from our guests like yours, i'm glad our staff no matter what time of the day or night it was made you feel welcomed. The view from our patio for breakfast is top notch. I would have to agree with you. We hope that when you come back to our area you choose to stay with us again, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me and my staff about your recent stay.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was a relief and a peasure to stay here. The staff was very pleasent, facilities were clean, the beds were compfortable. Had a beautiful view of the beach. In all this vacation was a 10 and would enjoy returning and recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Wow what great compliments for all of us here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, we hope you will be back to visit us soon since you live very close (Jacksonville). We appreciate your comments and look forwar to your return visit. hope to see you soon.

Thanks Again,

New Jersey
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I recently stayed in Daytona Beach and had pre-booked and paid for accommodations at a dump of a hotel down the road. With nowhere to go Holiday Inn to the rescue!..To begin the staff is excellent, especially Lisa. Unfortunately, I did not get everyone's name that so graciously helped us and redeemed our vacation stay, but I thank you. Everything about our stay here was superb! The staff was knowledgable about the surrounding activities, the rooms were immaculate and the sangria.....hmmmmm! I plan to return again very soon and although I may have to decide what to do, ie go to the beach, shop etc, I know that this is where I will stay! Kudos to Lisa and ALL the Staff......thank you so much! See ya soon

Room Tip: This is the right place to stay!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cece C
We're so happy we could save your vacation. as you can tell our entire staff from the front desk, housekeeping and bartenders all aim for the same thing an that is to make everyone leave our hotel with the same feeling as you and your family. I'm very happy we could make your vacation a happy one and we hope when you travel back to our area you stay with us again.Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me and my staff.

Hope to see you again soon,

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were in town for Bethune Cookman University's Homecoming and booked a King Oceanfront Suite. My husband and I, our 2 children(8 yr and 4 yr) plus my parents loved our room. Pocket doors were perfect for dividing the room. Front desk staff and restaurant staff were all very nice. Already planning on staying here next year when we come for BCU Homecoming. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank katlin74
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We're very happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us over the weekend. We hope you will come back and stay with us again real soon. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me and my staff. All of us enjoy hearing that what we're doing does make a difference in our guest's stay with us we look forward to your return visit.

Hope to see you soon,

wirral
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Felt like we needed to hide from that mouse and his mates so hired a car and hotfooted it accross to Daytona.
Location: Wow beachside with all rooms facing the ocean.

Rooms: Lovely,big comfy bed,nice sitting area and a jacuzzi overlooking the balcony and ocean.

Service: Consistently excellent,from the reception girls to the bar and restaurant girls,nothing was too much trouble. Great friendly unforced service. Also plenty of advice of where to go in the local area and lots of buy one get one free offers for drinks at the bar. Nealry forgot to mention the housekeeping girls,really friendly even singing as they worked! A special mention must go to the Manageress who clearly keeps a tidy,tight and happy ship,well done indeed.

Food: Lovely lunch,briiliant breakfast...try the monte cristo...superb and no cigars in sight!

Pool: Nice...with a deep end!

Beach: Amazing...and within spitting distance (don't spit it's dirty!)

Would we return? You could bet your house on it (don't gamble your house away it's stupid!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank pigeonsisniceTWO
We're so happy your beach experience was one you could remember and share with your friends and family. We know that sometimes the mouse house does get a little tiring so we're happy you chose to spend part of your vaction with us and got to relax. we love your humor and hope that when you return to Daytona Beach you remember to stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your fantastic comments with me and my staff.

Columbus
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We got a Groupon deal for another hotel in the area. You get what you pay for.... We didn't even check in. We checked Trip Advisor and this was close. This redeemed our vacation. Rebecca got us into an oceanfront room that was clean and a great size for the four of us. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank SteveAK
We're so happy we could be the hotel to redeem your vacation. Our rooms & staff go all out for our guests and I'm glad Rebecca could help in finding you accomodations you enjoyed. Thanks for taking the time to tell us your thoughts on our staff & hotel. Please make sure you return to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites on your next visit to Daytona Beach.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 5 in Daytona Beach Shores
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village
Plaza Resort & Spa
Plaza Resort & Spa
#21 of 98 in Daytona Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!