“Outstanding reservation service”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I wouldn't usually throw in a rating on a hotel before I actually check in to it, but I just wanted to let the rest of the viewers know what an ease and no brainer it was to book with this hotel. A lot of you are going to check the reviews on here and from being priority members, most are going to price check down the beach with these Holiday Inns through the best rates. You can't beat this place! Lisa, the Guest Service Manager, has a little magical wand she waves and somehow next thing you know, you're giving your priority club number for reservation and envisioning what a great time you're about to have on the beach because you've already saved money before stepping on the sand. I would highly recommend this hotel for Priority Club members, especially platinum that have to live in these places for a living and know what good customer service is when you receive it. Also, they will work with you on supplementing your points into your stay (ex. using one or two reward nights and being able to stay in your same room). My wife and I cannot wait to stay at this place from the customer service we've already recieved and from reading the reviews. Hope this helps a lot of you from having to call all over the beach to research rates. I promise you, if you give Lisa a chance, you won't make a second call!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

we are so happy Lisa took such good care of you over the phone, that's usually where your stay begins and I'm happy she has made a reservation for you and help you with your Priority Club points during your stay, please make sureafter you stay you update us on how the rest of your stay at the hotel went. We have passed your comments on to Lisa and we appreciate your comments.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach

Reviewed July 3, 2012

While traveling with my daughter on a 10 day vacation to 3 locations, all at HI's, this hotel outshines the rest. New Orleans and Gulf Shores Holiday Inn's were nice but hand's down, Daytona Beach excelled in hospitality, service, and location. The staff must be grilled daily on service. The luggage trolley was giving me fits and an employee stopped his cleaning to assist me into the elevator. That's only one example but the bottom line is...this hotel is clean, bright, cheery, and caked with personality. I wish I had written down names of exceptional employees but I do remember two. Leah will help with reservations or your hotel expectations, whatever they may be. Alison is a bar/server in the dining area and nailed refills (103 temp HOT day) by the pool. I can't praise them enough. Thanks for making our memories exceptional!

Room Tip: The A/C will run you out of your own room! It was wonderful to crank the air down as low as it would...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

We are so Happy you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Daytona Beach, We try and take the time when hiring guest service employees that they understand guest service, that's what we aim for here. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with me and my staff it's always so nice to read another great comment on a staff that try's so hard to make sure all our guests are Happy Guests.Come back and see us soon.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We typically stay at the same hotel in Jacksonville Beach every year. We considered it our 'home away from home'. When we arrived this year, it was still undergoing considerable renovations, which should have been finished before our scheduled trip. It was so bad we couldn't stay. We headed south and checked in for the night at a hotel that was sub-par at best and not suitable for a relaxing week at the beach. I searched online for hotels, and found this one. After looking at the pictures, I realized we had stayed at this resort about 15 years ago, and loved it. I called, they had rooms available at a reasonable price so we moved the next morning. We were only able to stay 4 nights, but the hotel was in the same shape it was in 15 years before, perfect. Staff was friendly, accomodating and understanding of our situation. They had a room cleaned for us early and while we waited we enjoyed the beach and pool. The food at the bar/restaurant was delicious. We so thoroughly enjoyed ourselves that we are making reservations for next June.. just as soon as our dates are available.. and bringing a family member with us. Thank you Lisa and the rest of the staff for saving what started out to be a disasterous vacation. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Ocean front with a balcony is worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

we're so happy we could make your vacation an enjoyable since it didn't start out so well. Our hotel hs been renovated in the last yer and we hope you enjoyed the upgrdes, I'm glad our staff was able to get a room ready for you early in the day so you could enjoy the pool and beach on your first day. please call us when you have your dates finalized for next June We look forward to having you come and stay with us again. We also thank you for your comments on our staff and hotel.
Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed here for a week while we were house hunting in the area, and everyone was so helpful and kind. Lisa, the Guest service manager, went above and beyond in accommodating our needs! The restaurant and bar staff was excellent as well, thanks, Brandi. Great service from everyone.

Room Tip: Best views, ocean side 4th floor!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let me and the thousands of people that use trip advisor know that we are providing great customer service, Lisa does go all out for our guests and Brandy is doing a wonderful job as well. All of our employees try to go above and beyond for our guests, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you gain when you travel to our area. once you move here if you found a house you will have lots of visitors so remember us if the house get's full.

thanks again for your sincere comments,

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was our second year staying at Holiday Inn & Suites in Daytona Beach. For 20 years we went to the same "Mom & Pop" motel that is now closed. We had a hard time finding a place that had the same type of staff, amenities, and clientele. Every staff member we encountered at Holiday Inn & Suites was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is family friendly! The restaurant has great food. The rates are competitive with like hotels. I love this hotel and can't wait to go back next summer!

Room Tip: Top floor is for a family that wants a quiet floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Our team is so happy you have found a new place to call home when you travel to Daytona Beach we're happy you and your fmily enjoyed your trip, we hope to see you on your next visit to Daytona Beach. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we're doing.Hope to see you again real soon,

Thanks,

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have to book my hotels through my company. I was to work in Daytona for 3 days then the weekend and 4 days the next week. Rather than fly back home I wanted to stay on points for the weekend. My wife was traveling with me. I had the first days booked but was told I could not stay on points for the weekend. The Guest Services Manager, Lisa worked her magic and I was able to stay in the same room for the entire stay which made my wife relly happy.
This is my first stay of many stays at this hotel due to the extra effort she made for me. I will be periodically working in Daytona for the next year and will book this hotel each time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David F
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

What a great way to start the day come in and see a great comment from a guest who is still in the hotel. I do remember Lisa working her magic Saturday morning, We're both very happy you have choosen us for your travel needs while your work brings you to the Daytona Beach area, we hope that you have found all our team members as helpful as Lisa through out your stay. we look forward to your next visit, thank you for your kind words and we hope we can impress you with every stay through the year.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stay at this hotel 3 times a year, and it is extremely beautiful.I am so relaxed when I am there that I don't want to leave. Lisa, the manager of the hotel, is the best. I travel all over the country doing auto shows for GM, and Lisa is in my top 3 for favorite hotel managers.This is one of the best hotel experiences I have had all year. The staff and managment gets a big hats off from me .THANK YOU RANDY HEAGY

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Randy, Thank you so much for writting such an nice comment about our hotel, we do appreciate your business and look forward to your arrival in July? for the race, if any of us can be of any further help during your stay please let me know,Again Thank you for your sincere comments,