“Exceptional home away from home!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brandon, Florida
“Exceptional home away from home!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have to say this hotel and it's staff turned an awful beginning into a happy ending. I wanted to treat mu elderly mom and aunt to a nice weekend retreat. I had reserved another hotel in the area but upon arrival they didn't have the room nor did they try to find alternative accommodations. This is where Holiday Inn into the picture. I called frantic and spoke to Chris H at the front desk and explained the situation. He immediately went into help mode and was able to secure the last room they had (it was during spring break). When my mom finally arrived he acknowledged her right away and both he and the staff (Lisa C and Kim) made sure they had the best accomodations and service for the duration. The report came back five stars on their service. I plan to go there personally soon to experience the same. Thank you Chris, Lisa, and Kim for everything. YOU ROCK

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sade47
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
I'm so Happy to hear that our staff continues to excell in guest satisfaction & customer service.We're happy your Mom and Aunt had a great stay with us at the Holiday Inn & we look forward to you being able to come andexperience a stay with us and enjoy the great hotel & excellent customer service we provide. I'm glad we turned a bad situation in to a positve one for you and your family. thank you for taking the time to mention our great staff members by name.

Leah Klindt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This Holiday Inn has everything needed for an outstanding stay at Daytona Beach. Yje location is perfect, close to the action but quieter that a half mile further south. Greeted at check in by Kim who identified herself as coming from our hometown was very quick. Our room was on the 6th floor and we had a great view, north and south, of the beach. Bar and restaurant personnel were especially friendly. Bonnie, our server at breakfast, found out that we had left our cell phone charger at home and she offered to check a box full that the hotel had found that prior guests had left behind. She came up with the exact charger we needed saving us a lot of time running around. Try this hotel, it's really super!!!!

1 Thank dave2840
We're so happy that Kim Bonnie went Above & Beyond for you. your check in should be an easy process and I'm glad it was, when people leave their phone chargers and don't request for us to send them back to them.k we do hold them and keep them for times like yours when another guest might need one and I see it has worked in our favor glad we could help.
Thsank you for your kind words, please come back and see us again real soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Spent 5 days at the HI for Daytona Bike Week and had a wonderful time.Our group had 4 rooms total and no complaints.The breakfast was especially good and we kept the bartenders pretty busy.The rooms were clean and our request for xtra towels was always granted promptly.The location was superior if being pretty close to Main St means anything to you.They had bike washing stuff set up which was convienent too...Its not the Ritz Carlton its a Holiday Inn afterall but for a HI its one of the best weve stayed at...Also the staff was extremly friendly and helpful and never without a smile..special hats off to Chris !!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank brad b
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
We're glad we could help you celebrate one of our towns busiest weeks Bike week!! it's always a very busy time for hotels and I'm so happy you and your friends spent it with us at the Holiday Inn and yes your right we're not a Ritz Carlton, but we are a top of the line Holiday Inn that prides itself on cleanliness and service, I'm happy we could help you enjoy your stay in Daytona Beach please come back and see us for Biketoberfest in October18-21st, I would like to thank you for taking the time to to put your comments on Trip Advisor I will pass your comments on to my hard working staff.

Thanks Again,
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is one of the cleanest hotels that I have stayed at in a long time. The hotel staff were exceptional and so very familar with the area. The pool, patio and beach access were all wonderful. We plan on coming back with some teenagers in April for their spring break. You will not go wrong staying here, it's well worth their price.

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony room on either the right or the left side of the building, that way you are clo...
1 Thank C L
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
My Staff and I are so very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, We try very hard to make sure everyone enjoy's their vacations with us, we strive on knowing the area and what's going on in the area so we can give our guest the best informaion possible I'm glad this worked out for you, we look forward to your return trip, if we can help in any other way please feel free to contact us at 386-255-5494. Thank you for your uplifting comments.

Thanks,

Littleton, North Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed here the other day and was very impressed with the hotel & staff. We made a rez for one night as they were fully booked on day 2 of our trip. No problem with an early check-in and ample parking too. We didn't think we had a chance for a room day 2 as bike week was in full swing but Lisa kept us informed and eventually not only got us a room, but we were even able to stay in our king ocean front room we were in day 1. Every staff person we met was friendly & helpful - front desk, housekeeping, bar tenders, even the waitresses were helpful with our less than mainstream dietary needs. Free WiFi worked great - rooms had coffee maker & fridge too. Everything just exceeded our expectations - highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Not all ocean facing rooms have balconies - ask to be sure you get one
1 Thank dave b
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
I'm so happy to hear that my entire staff made your stay with us an enjoyable one that's what we aim for with every guest. I'm also happy to hear that Lisa was able to keep you in the same room for your entire stay during this busy time of the year. please come and see us again when you return to Daytona Beach. Thanks for the compliments.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We were married in the gazebo out back by the ocean on Valentine's Day. They helped to make it the most beautiful event of our lives. They handled everything. The night of the wedding they made sure everything ran smoothly and all we had to do was enjoy our party. The stay in our room was very nice too. Everything was clean, plenty of parking, & easy to find for my guests. My guests all said how beautiful it was and how impressed they were.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HeidiLahey
We're so happy our Staff could be part of your special Day and make it Special and care free, for you and your guests. Thanks for the great comments we work hard to make sure every event is a special one, keep us in mind for any of your upcomming banquet needs in the future. We're happy our staff made your specail day a happy one. Congrats!!!

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Daytona Beach Florida. I was a tad concerned as for I heard some parts of the Daytona Beach area is seedy. And indeed some parts are. However, where this hotel is located the area is placid. When I first arrived at the hotel, I did have a slight problem. When I booked my reservation via phone, I wanted to make sure that I had a perfect ocean view with balcony. Upon my arrival, I had just that. The room’s view was nice. I was on the 6th floor and had a perfect view of the ocean and a nice balcony. The only problem, the room’s bathroom was not cleaned. There was urine on the toilet seat, which to say the least, was not acceptable. When I mentioned this problem to Chris, the night clerk, he was more than accommodating. He was earnestly upset that there was nothing he could do in terms of getting the bathroom sanitized and cleaned because the hotel’s cleaning staff was off( I had a late check in). Instead I moved to a lower floor (2nd) with ocean view and balcony. The only problem with that room is of course the view was not as spectacular and you could hear the noise below since the room was situated close to the lower floor and overlooked the parking lot. Nevertheless, the hotel staff was quite generous by compensating me for my disappointment in room change. Kudos to Holiday Inn for maintaining good customer relations.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the 6th floor so you will not hear the traffic below.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ladieshoes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village
Plaza Resort & Spa
Plaza Resort & Spa
#13 of 72 in Daytona Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!