“Water, Water, Everyone - but not for bathing here!”

Fountain Beach Resort
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Tallahassee, Florida
“Water, Water, Everyone - but not for bathing here!”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I realize you get what you pay for. $65 per night on the beach with the tiki bar, pool, hot tub, and put put made it sound like something for everyone. Our first room: sit down on the bed and SQUEEEEAK" - HARD AS A ROCK. Flush the toilet - swimming foreign objects. We got upgraded to a suite after maintenance could not fix the commode with a plunger or snake and there was 3" of brown water in the tub! So hurrah! 5th floor - better view - 1 bedroom suite with a jaccuzi. Turn on the water - cold, cold, cold. No dang hot water to bathe! I called the front desk only to hear "I'm sorry" a dozen times because they "had no maintenance man on the weekends". Funny - the snake plumber was still around. So no bath for me all weekend! The rooms were humid and temp never regulated. Maybe I'm just hard to please but I am a boy scout mom having raised four children - I'm pretty tough. Other issues: keys worked off and on, no idea on the breakfast room until the last morning. We survived but I don't plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: keep shopping
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank flordyigirl2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
PA
Reviewed March 31, 2011

This was our 3rd year staying at the Fountain Beach. Stayed on the 2nd floor in a 1 bedroom unit. We enjoy the admosphere at this resort. The staff are very nice and helpful. The front desk is always helpful and kind. Our unit was cleaned everyday and the cleaning staff were very nice. The 1st floor lobby area is kept clean everyday. The Tiki bar restaurant staff are very nice too and it is clean. We enjoy the pool area. The hot tub was dirty though every day. They have a DJ on the weekends, but we didn't like the music he played. It was not appropriate music if you had children. He did play requests if you asked him. We will be stayng here again next year for the month of February. The unit is within walking distance of restaurants and gift shops. Close to a lot of attractions. Would definitely advise anyone to stay here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank espolj
FountainBeachResort, Director of Sales at Fountain Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2015
Thank you for your review. We hope to have you again.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I'll start with the positives: great location for spring break, pool area and tiki bar are nice

Negatives:
My husband and I drove two cars because I was going somewhere else after our trip but the hotel would not let us park two cars- I had to park across the street in the grass where I was worried my car would get towed (but it didn't); the key card to our room would not work- we had it replaced like 3 times; the room itself is definitely nothing fancy, with mismatched furniture (but we didn't really care about that); the bed was hard and the sheets were rough; the smoking rooms are on the same floor as the non-smoking rooms, so pretty much the entire floor smells like smoke; they offer a continental breakfast, which was nice, but the maids sit in the room to keep track of which rooms have eaten so no one eats twice and make sure to remind you to leave them a tip in their little tip envelope (After that I certainly didn't).

Finally, my experience with the shower deserves its own paragraph. We didn't have hot water in our room, so I went to call the front desk and our phone didn't work. I went to go downstairs to tell the front desk, but ran into a maid on the way and asked her to do it for me. I guess she said something but never returned to let me know what the deal was. Maintenance never showed up so she offered to let me take a shower in another room that she was cleaning. I should have said no and just taken a cold shower...the water wouldn't get hot in the other room either and once I got in the shower I looked up and saw vomit on the shower curtain! EWWWW! The front desk person was rude about it, didn't even look at me when he was talking to me.

All in all, this is a good place to stay if you are a college spring breaker who is just going to be drunk the whole time and want a place to pass out but not good if you are looking for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I have been Staying here for the past 8 or 9 years, I was there when they had a bar w/ pool table and live Music outside ( Miss that ),through all the remodleing and upgradeing and the place has made a nice change and is conviniant too alot of things too do !!! Would recomend too anyone !!! NEED Live Music Back !!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We hope to have you again.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Fountain Beach is far from a resort. What they don't tell you is the majority of their rooms have been sold off as codos and our hallway smelled like burning cheese burgers all weekend. The hot tub and pool were closed by 6 pm and The lobby was plastered with signs for all the things you can rent from them (ironing boards, hair dryers etc.) as well as signs everywhere saying how they would charge you for damages to the room. When we got up to the room the smoke detector was hanging off the ceiling the bathroom door knob was hanging on by a thread and the entire room was rusty, beaten down with 80's throw back furniture. The bed was horribly uncomfortable and I didn't sleep all weekend. Don't trust the pictures they must have fixed up one room in the whole hotel because ours sure didn't look like that. The worst part is they double charged our account and I can't get any of the little kids at the front desk to speak with me intelligently enough to get my money back so i have to go fill out a dispute with my bank!! HORRIBLE HASSLE!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Corrie143
SAINT PETERSBURG
Reviewed November 28, 2010

The motel is located near alot of bars and restaurants. The price seemed reasonable. But the room was infested with roaches.Next trip to Daytona, we will stay in a nicer motel. You pay for what you get!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Crystal River Fl.
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I stayed in room 222 it had a view of the water but was not ocean front but it was nicely updated with a flat screen TV and a DVD player and a huge shower head that was great the room was clean with 2 beds and a pull out couch that slept both our kids will stay again

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family