“friendly staff”

Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #49 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed March 28, 2012

the lady at the front desk was very friendly, Shari, she was very helpful and seemed to care about our needs. That's really the best I can say about this hotel, it is run down and needs alot of work,but, the location is great and the staff is friendly

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank clpdusty
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review about our hotel. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our friendly staff. We always strive to provide a positive experience for all of our guests. We are currently planning on many renovations to improve the condition of the hotel, so soon we will be able to provide an even better experience for your future visits. We are looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Upon first arrival, we were greeted by a very friendly front desk receptionist, Shari, and she took very good care of us. She upgraded our room from a double to a king size bed for no extra charge, and it was still a beachfront room. However, once we got to our room everything went south. Furthermore, there was not enough parking for everyone in the hotel. The bathroom was less than par with poor water pressure. The room itself just seemed dirty, one night we even found a bug in our bed, that was already dead, which said to us that the room hadn't been cleaned in some time. Another time, we found a dead bug on the windowsill in the bathroom, and again....how do you miss a dead bug when cleaning? The appliances were also very outdated and were stained and didn't seem safe to even use. There were very little plugs in the room and the plug in the bathroom did not seem to be up to code at all...it was practically falling out of the wall. The only thing that saved the room was the fact that we had an awesome view from our room; it was beachfront with our own private balcony.

Room Tip: You really do get what you pay for.....and springbreakers are loud!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank William D

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our property. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We sincerely apologize about the condition of the property and we are currently planning to renovate the entire property. We believe that the renovations that we are planning will greatly enhance the overall experience at the Conch House. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

When I read the reviews for this hole, I saw the bad ones, but there were some good ones as well. I decided to test my luck, and try it for myself because Daytona has a lot of old hotels that need updating, but at least they are clean. That is not the case with this one!

This place is disgusting. There were holes on the bed boards, what looks like blood stuns on the filthy carpet, and a bad case of mold. The stairway is rusty and dark. The halllway to the room is just as dark with stains all over the carpet.

The room has 2 doors. The front door is in the dark hallway. The other is to the outside. The outside door is rotting.

I do have 1 positive thing to say. The water pressure in the shower was good.

Believe the bad reviews. This place doesn't need to be renovated. It needs to be bulldozed!

4  Thank NeilSFlorida
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear valued guest,

I thank you for staying with us and am sorry to hear that we were not up to your expectations. We are an older property and it is in need of cosmetic work. Unfortunately the majority of our carpets have the red stain. It was a manufacture error. The first time the carpets were shampooed, the red dyes from the stamp on the underside of the carpet bled through. We shampoo the carpets regularly but they are worn and stained. We are looking forward to replacing all of our carpets toward the years end.
I was surprised to hear that you encountered a mold issue. If a room is found to have even the smallest mold growth, we mark it as unavailable to rent until the room has been treated and cleared.
Some of our doors are in poor shape but we only rent rooms that have properly working doors that can be secured. We generally replace a few doors each month.
We may be older and worn but, we strive for cleanliness. That the room is washed down, vacuumed, and has fresh linens.
After we lay new carpet and do some cosmetic repairs, I would greatly appreciate your return to give us another try.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

The lady at the front desk, I assume the manager was nice checking in, within an hour of being in our room we found two cockroaches and a dead cricket, one of the handles in the tub was broken off, the floor was nasty and the balcony was covered in rot and the window looked like it hadn't been cleaned in while, not so much of a "view" to say the least. The elevator is broken so you get to carry your luggage up the stairs, the parking was horrible. As if all this wasn't enough when we went to check out we were yelled at because we left a couple coggsrretts on the balcony and the manager who checked us in blamed us for the rot and water damage, charged us a $25 fine to "repaint the balcony" which I'm sure will go to hell with all the other repairs that need to be done, over all we will never stay here again, and I will highly recommend travelrs look else where, we took this room as a last resort when others were booked...next time we will just not go if this is our ony option.

2  Thank Dallen77
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear guest,

It sounds like you were put in a room that was off market. The bugs, broken handle, dirty balcony and window. If we are alerted to insects in a room, which is not often, it is immediately made unavailable until cleared to rent by Orkin. I sincerely apologize about the issues you encountered. Under the circumstances, I would have moved you to an appropriate room right away. Regarding the cigarette burns, it is never okay to deface our property. That is why your $25. security deposit was kept. I hope you enjoyed Daytona Beach with all that it has to offer and will return soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

My friends and I decided to stay there for spring break. We had looked online and came to found out that the place looked nice ( they obviously set up a room for display) when we arrive at the hotel we new this place was a horrible hotel. The doors didn't lock right, the carpet was dirty and filthy. My friends and I noticed a big blob of blood on he carpet. The towels in the bathroom were yellow, the bathroom didn't look like it had been clean in awhile nor did the room itself! I recommend not to stay here! It's may have a good price tag on it with staying rigt by the beach, but it's very dirty and unsafe! And the people at the desk were very rude and didn't consider thier visitors needs!

• Stayed: March 2012
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear valued guest,

I'm sorry that you had these issues with our hotel. You should have had a properly working door, I apologize. I do urge that any assistance needed, to call the front desk, enabling us to rectify the issue immediately.
We shampoo the carpeting regularly but, they are older and worn. The majority of our carpets have that red stain due to a manufacturer error. When the carpets were first shampooed, the dyes from the tag underneath bled through. We are happy to report that we are looking forward to new carpeting toward the end of the year.
We inspect our rooms regularly to ensure that you receive a fresh and clean room. Also, we have a wonderful staff that is generally courteous and helpful. We have no tolerance for uncleanliness and rudeness. I wish I'd have had the opportunity to speak with you on these matters.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the last 10 years,and for the location and rates, find it unbeatable. The staff of Lira,Shari,Carla and John are friendly and always helpful.Housekeeping people like Mary and maintainence people like Juan are great,and do a good job. The rooms are clean,but do need carpeting. I understand renovations are starting in the near future.This is not a 4 star hotel at 200 a night. For the price, it's great. People that want perfect, pay 200 + per night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Donald D
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear valued guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to review us. I'm very grateful that we've had the privilege of accommodating your lodging needs for so many years. I'm glad that you find our rates affordable and that you enjoy our location. I thank you for expressing your positive view on our staff. We are very fortunate to have a staff that shares a common sense that the guest comes first, making them comfortable and at ease. We thrive on our repeat guests and look forward to their next visit. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Booked this motel on line, for 7nights due to pet friendly policy. This is the nastiest place I have seen. After 11 hours in the car with our 2 very well behaved cats, we opened the door to our room. The ceiling light did not work, the fan in the kitchen and bathroom didn't work. These things I overlooked as we were tired and just wanted to get settled in. Upon further inspection we noticed paint chipping off the walls, terrible black stains on the carpet, draperies dirty and torn. We decided we would make the best of it, at least it was on the beach. Then . . . My cat batted out something from under the dresser and began playing with it. It was a dirty used needle with something still in it. Took me 4 times to the lobby over 3 days to get to speak to the manager. This place needs to be shut down BIG TIME!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE! !!!!

1  Thank lchaney80

Dear valued guest,

I was sorry to hear that your room wasn't in order upon your arrival. We have now taken measures to see that all our rooms have fresh paint. We are happy to report that we will be getting new carpeting in all of our rooms before the year is out.
Our housekeeping staff knows how important it is that they report any appliances that are not working upon cleaning the room. Your lighting should have worked but, there are no fans over the fridge/microwaves.
I was truly sorry to hear about the needle incident. Our dressers have a 2 inch clearance and housekeeping generally goes under furniture when they do a deep clean on the room. They still look along side and behind the furniture. But still, I absolutely understand your being upset in the matter as no one wants to see their beloved pet playing with something of that nature. I'm unsure why you had difficulty contacting me. I am on site everyday but Sunday and would have liked to have spoken with you right away. I thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you on your stay in Daytona Beach and hope you enjoyed all that our city has to offer.