“They have great soft drinks - not just good, but GREAT!”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 412 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The food here is good. What is great are their in-house produced soft drinks. This location has three flavors. You could easily drink enough to send even a non-diabetic into shock, and be glad you did.

The service was good, the food was fine.

On the negative side, like many eating places these days, there is an annoying overload of sounds and screens. I don't want to be disturbed by tastelessly loud music blaring over my attempt to converse with my family while dining. BJ's was a good (or perhaps bad) example of this unfortunate tendency.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

BJ's Brewhouse today was the choice.
We are greeted with a great , and happy smile at the door, The service was fantastic and after our orders were taken it was less than 15 min before our dinners arrived (wow).Everything was fresh and prepared to order. Our server had a super great attitude. The restaurant is very clean and so are the restrooms. It was a pleasure visiting this evening. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food is always good, the service is attentive without being overly so, the wait times for food was not too bad.
Only complaint my kids had was how small the calamari order was- otherwise it was cooked perfectly. At our table we had the ahi poke ( not too flavor-able, needed more seasoning) the fish and chips (delicious), flatbread (good), ribs (delicious), and avocado eggrolls (very good)

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We went here for lunch and had their small Deep Dish Pizza. It was really good. They don't skimp on the toppings.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

This place has been around for almost four years and I never paid it any attention! I did not think it had a menu that was diverse enough to interest me. Just thought it was another bar with a few quick snacks. I was wrong. It was not until we arrived in Daytona really late this past week and were looking for some place that was still open before getting to our condo, that we tried BJ's.
The dishes we chose were very good. I had the shrimp tacos, from their enLIGHTened menu (at or under 795 calories). My husband chose the Top Sirloin said he was hungry but did not want the 14oz ribeye... but even at only 8oz it was quite filling and cooked just right.They were still clearing the tables after having just finished taking care of big group's of young adult's after graduation at the local Uni. but the staff was upbeat and friendly regardless. Our server was attentive and the coffee was the BEST I've had at any restaurant. It turns out they brew it per cup. We don't drink, so coffee is our beverage of choice when we eat out. Seriously, I have never had better coffee than this in a sit down restaurant or any coffee shop in fact.
Just a note, we ended up trying the BJ's in Orlando at Conroy road the next day after heavy duty shopping at one of the outlets. Even though the food was good and the coffee amazing, our server was truly awful! Not only would she not make eye contact when taking the order, but after delivering our coffees, it was the last time she came to the table. Then I realized why: she was busy necking with one of the guests at the bar. No I'm not kidding....she stayed beside him for over five minutes and then seemed to keep herself busy trying to place another order and carry out beverages to another table. I ended up tipping her assistant Elizabeth. She bought out our food, offered and carried out more coffee and then we had another friendly fellow bring our check. Seriously BJ management what are you thinking!!! You need to promote Elizabeth....she is the real guest pleaser here. I don't care about how cute your server's hair style is or how snooty she can carry herself off. If I had not had a wonderful experience the first time at your restaurant I would say, best coffee or not and good menu or not.....I'm not going back. But luckily the Daytona location was my first experience.