“Great Korma”
Review of Bombay Grille - CLOSED

Bombay Grille
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Where spices make their presence felt across a variety of dishes, each one to its native origin. Our combination of spices transforms each dish into a leaping maze of color, flavor and aroma. The Culinary and Service team is highly trained. We have two dining rooms, a full liquor bar and a lunch buffet.Parties of 150 can be accommodated in our private dining areas. Catering is available for functions up to 1000 people.
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great Korma”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I always enjoy my meal at Bombay Grille. My favorite dish is the lamb korma, always delicious. Service can be hit or miss but now that I expect that it doesn't bother me. Looking forward to my next meal there.

• Visited January 2014

Deltona, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and cuisine”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Try something healthy and excellent .......I really loved all the items in their buffet. You will love this place. Enjoy! Anna Marie Insari

• Visited October 2013
NH
“It's OK, but I don't need to return this year”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I'm on a restaurant review binge right now since we've been in Florida for about 3 weeks, and I'm getting spoiled with all the offerings the Daytona area has to offer.

If you read some of my other reviews, you'll see I really enjoy Indian cuisine. For some reason, there just isn't much in the way of ethnic cuisine in this area, which is sad, because with all the jillions of people here, you'd think there would be more variety.

But, we were here 2 winters ago, and looking for Indian. Other than this place, there was one on the ocean road in Daytona that offered a lunch buffet - I don't recall the name, but we walked in, took one look at the buffet, and walked out. So, when we found this place (Bombay Grille), we hoped for better.

Again, lunch buffet only. No lunch menu. Sigh. My experiences with Indian buffets have been disappointing at best. When we tried it 2 years ago, it was just ok. We didn't return. But, when we got here this time, we decided to give it a try once more.

We went for lunch a couple of days ago, and made sure to arrive at the height of lunch hour so that the buffet would be full and fresh.

Here's my impressions. We were seated under a TV blaring a "Bollywood" channel. Loud and borderline obnoxious. The buffet - which was not expansive in the least - had vegetable pakoras (a little spongy and thin, but not bad), rice, naan, (yes, naan was actually a buffet item), chicken briyani (another rice based dish), a gravy with lentils, potatoes and green beans, a chicken korma type of meal (it wasn't called korma, but that's what it reminded me of), and a tandoori style chicken. Lucky me, I snagged a chicken leg - something with some meat on it!

Pretty darned meager offerings for $9 each.

I did like the raita, the onion relish, and the rice pudding (kheer) which, unfortunately, was nearing empty. Fortunately I was able to scoop a dish full.

The atmosphere of the place is good, and the service was friendly. I just wish the buffet was a little more robust, or that they would offer a luncheon menu. I doubt we'll go back this winter unless I have a craving that won't go away. If we go out of town at all while we're here, you can bet I'll be on the lookout for another Indian restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
daytona beach
“Awful service”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went here on a Tuesday night because we had heard the food was very good. The restaurant was about half empty. We were seated immediately and then left alone for over 20 minutes. Finally, a server (whom we had assumed was a busser, because she bussed two tables while ignoring us) came over and wanted to take our dinner orders - no apology for the delay, no offer to take drink orders, just business as usual. When we were told that they "were out of" some of the dishes we wanted to order, we decided to leave. My husband explained why we were leaving and once again - no apology, just a shrug. I guess they've heard it before and they don't care.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ebknott
Bonita Springs
“Just like India no Air Conditioning Not even a Punkawallah”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just like India no Air Conditioning Not even a Punkawallah sweated the whole time ask them to turn the air they said it was broken as if its no big deal maybe in India it isn't but here in Florida it is temp inside was 86. Food is OK but they put the Nann bread in a steamer that made it turn into rubber asked them to recook it in the tandoori so they did. Needless to said we will not be going back,

• Visited October 2013