“OUTSTANDING!”

Don Vito's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 377 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Description: Family owned and operated, Don Vito's Italian Restaurant is a fantastic establishment that utilizes traditional recipes and comfortable surroundings to provide patrons with, "A Meal YOU Can't Refuse". Using fifth generation recipes passed down from their grandmothers in the kitchen, the owners sons prepare authentic Italian dishes ranging from all of your favorites to some unique creations that you may not have experienced previously, including PIZZA. All of this is served up in a comfortable dining room with black booths, and a number of pieces of Italian art and movie photos on the wall. Located in the quaint Beach Street area directly on International Speedway Blvd. And across the bridge from the beach, Don Vito's is a must-visit Italian restaurant in Daytona for dine in, take out or catering!
Daytona Beach, Florida
“OUTSTANDING!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Just returned from Don Vito's and was absolutely delighted with my meal. From the looks of the photos, one would think of "just another pizza place", but pictures can be very deceiving. The taste of the food cannot be described on a website.
I ordered Veal Parmegiana and to say it was "as tender as butter" would not be a cliche. It was the most tender veal I have ever tasted, and I have had some wonderful veal in Italy. Coupling that veal with their marvelous red sauce created a taste sensation.
If you are in the Daytona Beach area, you should be sure to have a meal here - you will not be disappointed!

Newbury, Massachusetts, United States
“New Years Eve Italian dinner”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I came to Don Vito's as we were in Daytona for one night on our way to the keys. We went to trip advisor to check reviews and Don Vito's came up number one. Casual dining, great food, and the owners were very accommodating. We split a pizza and the chicken parm. Both were excellent. Would Definetly come back to Don Vito's! If you are from New York and are home sick go to Don Vito's and talk to the owners...it's a family run establishment and the accents will bring you right back home!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kim F
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Just average”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Just Average.
The garlic knots were very good. The rest was average. Ordered Boscaiola Alla Don Vito, Baked Ziti, & 18" pizza with everything. Pasta portions were very large. The amount of pizza toppings were weak. I will post a picture. The pizza was also not cut well. Was difficult getting the pieces apart since they use those pizza stands.

Pricing: I am going to say fair but they need to spend some time updating their website. Garlic Knots were 35% higher in the restaurant than their online menu for example.

Service: Was bad. They had about 9 tables occupied with two people working the floor. One was the male owner who was also helping in the kitchen. Our drinks were never refilled even when we were just one of two tables. Ordered a salad but never received it. Had to go to the bar/counter to get our check and to ask for to go containers. I know they were short a son who had to tend o a sick child. But again, we were just one of two tables at the end of our dinner. The owners are very nice though.

3 Thank 969MikeF
donvitos, Owner at Don Vito's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Mikey F. – Let me start by thanking you for stating the owners are very nice and the garlic knots were very good. That’s pretty much where my thanks stop. It appears that someone appointed you the Lone Ranger of Italian Restaurants. You knew when you came in that we were short staffed and might experience a delay due to my granddaughter being hospitalized with a 106 fever,[ Luckily she’s now fine]. You were forewarned and had the opportunity to leave, but didn't. Now let us address your other comments. You state the Pizza Toppings were weak and you decided to post a picture. They say a picture is worth a 1000 words and this one is, in our opinion, is worth 2000 words. Great picture!!! It gives others the opportunity to decide about the toppings and put things in proper context with your other comments. We believe we COULD NOT have put more toppings on it without the risk of spraining your wrist picking it up. You also state you had a problem trying to pull the slices apart and had walk to the counter. Really Mikey?? If I knew you required help I would have asked my sons to pull the slices apart for you as well as carry you to and from the counter to pay. Now on to the comment about no refills. The Restaurant Male did fill your sons drink after your son spilled the original drink on the table, floor and booth. No one else asked for a refill when the restaurant male had checked. As shorthanded as we were I had to stop what I was doing to clean the mess. No thanks are necessary as accidents happen. I'm Surprised you didn't include this in your recap of events. You ARE correct in stating the male initially forgot your wife’s salad. By the time he realized it she had already begun eating her entree and cancelled with a smile. You probably don’t remember as you were too busy counting tables?? For that failure please accept our sincere apology. That certainly should not happen and the restaurant male has been severely reprimanded and punished. Sometimes our restaurant male forgets his own name, as you also appear to have forgotten his name. Now the Garlic Knots. Yes they did go up recently due to the rise in cost of Virgin Olive Oil,[+35%], Parmesan cheese,[+28%], Butter,[+38%]. Flour,[18%]. We were going to call you at home to get your permission and let you know, but we didn't know your phone number, name or where you live. We ‘ll try to call if we increase anything in the future. Keep an eye on Romaine lettuce Mikey F., as lettuce went up 92% last week. While we didn't raise the price of salad we’ll certainly call you at home if that changes. By the way this was the first raise for anything we sell in 7 years of restaurant ownership. I guess that's why the menu and the web site state prices are subject to change without notice?? Even a Big Mac has gone up, so don’t go there either. By the way Mikey F., the knots are now $4.75 which is not the picture you were trying to paint with your percentage comment. Reasonable?? We think so as does the 90+ % of commenter's who preceded you. You knew the price when you ordered them and stated they were very good. Moving on. As I am the appointed Lone Ranger for Don Vito’s I want to also add that, in our opinion, NOTHING we serve is average. We think your status as a customer was well below our average customers, who are all very nice. Your comments and posted picture were meant to demean and hurt what we've worked very hard to achieve. Unfortunately Mikey F. I will now have to assess the penalty for your picture as well as your misguided and unfortunate comments. No Great Garlic Knots or average food for you and no spilled drinks for us!! Come back one year!!!! Try to move up to being an average customer when the penalty is over. Go in peace and may the force be with you. Perky Barbara C., Owner
Daytona Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The huge stramboli is huge!! It's no joke but soooo delicious and worth it. Took my dad here while he visited me while I am going to school. We both love this place. Good place, good food, good people.

1 Thank txmechanic
Tallahassee, Florida
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent - A Must if you are in the area!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was our second visit to Don Vito's. The food is OUTSTANDING and so is the service. We had the garlic knots (a must if you go), the chicken parm, meatball hero and the kids spaghetti. If you are ever in the area, you must stop in. We live over 4 hours away and wished we lived closer. I can say this… All I want for my birthday is dinner at Don Vito’s!

1 Thank LadyMarvel213