“Make sure you eat here”

Don Vito's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 398 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family owned and operated, Don Vito's Italian Restaurant is a fantastic establishment that utilizes traditional recipes and comfortable surroundings to provide patrons with, "A Meal YOU Can't Refuse". Using fifth generation recipes passed down from their grandmothers in the kitchen, the owners sons prepare authentic Italian dishes ranging from all of your favorites to some unique creations that you may not have experienced previously, including PIZZA. All of this is served up in a comfortable dining room with black booths, and a number of pieces of Italian art and movie photos on the wall. Located in the quaint Beach Street area directly on International Speedway Blvd. And across the bridge from the beach, Don Vito's is a must-visit Italian restaurant in Daytona for dine in, take out or catering!
“Make sure you eat here”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very friendly place with great Italian food. Don Vito and his family run it the traditional Italian way. Good wine selection and Mrs. Vito bakes the most excellent cheese cake and tiramisu. Even the bread they give is baked to perfection. A must-go!

Oh and Mrs. Vito is a doppelganger of Indian actress Dimple Kapadia :)

Pensacola, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Read the reviews...so I figured that many people couldn't be wrong!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was in town for the week on business so my husband tagged along. I found Don Vito's on trip advisor...we had pizza for lunch on Friday which was our last day in town. Best pizza I have ever had. Damn I wish I had discovered this place at the beginning of my week, I would have had a chance to go back a couple of more times so I could have tried some of the other dishes. I loved the atmosphere, nice, quaint mom & pop establishment. The service was great, the owner waited on us and was extremely friendly. If you are ever in town or live near by you need to check this place out.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Patricia D
bermuda
“Four times!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've been a fan of this place since I found out about it on Tripadvisor.

On a recent 10 day trip for Biketoberfest, I ate here 4 times! I took friends here 3 times and they now have a new favorite resturant in Daytona. I've told many, many more people about the food and dining experiance here. It's a risky thing taking people to a place that I had built up so highly, but they never fail to impress with the perfect service and amazing food. Barbara, Jimmy, Jen, and the guys in the kitchen, you guys are the best! I'll be back in a month ot two!

• Visited October 2012
Amelia Island
“Italian In Daytona - Very Satisfying”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We visited Don Vitos for lunch after friends had tried it earlier and had an enjoyable experience. So the four of us (the friends included) are were greeted by Barbara, the owner. The wine selection by the glass/carafe/botttle is respectably for a family-style restaurant. The decor is basic but clean, with tables/booths set far enough apart that you are not listening to the conversations of all those about you. Brread that was crusty and warm was delivered to the table promptly. The inside was very soft and practically melted in your mouth. It was good with the butter served with it but perhaps next time I will ask for some olive oil.

We ordered three entrees. sausage & marina, basciaola (meat sauce, mushrooms and peas) and veal francese. The sausage is made in-house and is as delicious as any sausage I have eaten in my native New York. The basciaola was robust and flavorful. Both pasta dishes were ample in portion and for the lunch price of $7.99 were a real steal. The veal we heard being pounded in the kitchen - supporting the statement that each dish is made from scratch. Served with garlic and oil pasta the veal was tender enough to be cut with a fork, the francese sauce a correct balance of wine and lemon. While there was some pasta left on the plate, the ample portion of veal was devoured.

We ended sharing a piece of Don Vito's home made cheese cake. It is light and refreshing; the perfect conclusion to a filling lunch.

We visit Daytona periodically. We will try this place again - I can taste a pizza next time.

• Visited November 2012
Orlando, Florida
“An excellent experience”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After reading the review we decided to give it a try. My wife is so picky when it come to pizza specially the thin crust orginal Italian pizza. She loved the pizza. The owner and his wife are such an adorable people,the food was excellent and the price was just perfect. We were five and we shared an 18" pizza and two entree and it was enough for us. You have to try it, you will love it.

• Visited October 2012