“more than steak”

Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This Resturaunt is inside the Hilton Hotel
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Not you typical hotel restaurant. Located in the Hilton, but not a Hilton restaurant. Very upscale, and the steak is great. However, their seafood equals their beef. We had the scallops, and they are as good as any we've ever had. The wine list is also good, with the usual big reds for the beef, but they have a very nice selection of whites to compliment the seafood. Expensive, but worth it, and the service is second to none.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This restaurant served excellent food and the service was great too. We were seated on the terrace directly overlooking the beach. The food was good but the drink selection was not so great.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I were talking about where we wanted to go for our 41st anniversary and thought about the warm decor and great views offered by Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse and decided to go back to celebrate our 41 years together,
I made a reservation for Sunday and informed the person who took my reservation that it was a special occasion, our anniversary and asked for a romantic seating.
When we arrived were ushered to a window booth that was decorated with a rose petal heart and small candle a very nice touch!
Our waiter,Adam Christtley was very attentive explaining all the food offerings and when finished he asked for our drink order. As they were last time, the cocktails were perfect.
We then met Anna Petracca who introduced herself and informed us that she was assisting Adam. She too was pleasant and informative, a great waitstaff.
For our appetizer we had the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes which were very flavorful, but on the small side.
For our entree we shared the Steak Au Poivre which was a Skillet-seared New York Strip, with fresh peppercorns & Cognac bordelaise sauce that was perfectly prepared and done to a perfect medium rare. The fresh peppercorns & Cognac bordelaise sauce was very flavorful and the peppercorns were cracked and flavorful and easy to eat. This is now our favorite!
After dinner were treated to a complementary chocolate mousse WOW.

Anna returned with an anniversary card signed by all waitstaff and members of the cooking staff, a very nice touch.

We had a great anniversary and a fun romantic night..........Thanks Hyde Park staff!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The setup: Single woman on business, staying in hotel wanting good food for dinner.
The reality: Sat at bar first night, had a glass of wine and thought, should have dinner here the next night. Second night: sat in bar area for dinner. Was able to see how everyone was greeted (or not) at the reception area. Host(ess) both needed some training, manager was very good and could provide some great training here.

The special that I ordered was not available (the manager let me know after eating my salad that it was not up to their standards.) I appreciate the fact that they let me tell let me know, but it was disappointing that I waited to get the news. Manager suggested an appetizer that was similar, but not what I had in mind and therefore wasn't very good. I had to suggest how to be comped... not really what I am used to for this type of restaurant.

Summary: if here on business, maybe not up to your expectations. if here on vacation, relax, enjoy and hope for the best.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went to dinner here with a large group. The food was good and the service is very professional. The prices are reasonable and they have a number of very nice deals, such as early bird and late night, that make the prices very competitive.