“Unwanted pest joined us”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Tarafuku Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tarafuku Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Unwanted pest joined us”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We just got done with our dinner (which wasn't that great) when my husband said watch out there is a roach. Yes right on the table next to my plate was a German roach. Well I will not return to this restaurant again. They need to clean up there place.

Visited February 2014

Punta Gorda, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Sashimi, salad, appetizer & miso soup”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a Japanese restaurant as my husband loves sashimi. We chose this one based on recommendations in TripAdvisor.
We were the only diners on a Sunday evening. The restaurant is very up to date, pleasant and clean. The staff was very nice but brought the almost all at once instead of spacing it out. We were a bit overwhelmed with too much food at once.
We shared steak appetizer that had very thinly sliced rare beef and a delicious dipping sauce - very good! My husband had the sashimi dinner and thought it very good. I ordered the mixed tempura (fish, 1 shrimp & generous amount of vegetables). The salad and miso soup were excellent but tempura batter was not great. Next time we visit Daytona Beach will try a different Japanese restaurant to compare.

Visited December 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've been going to Tarafuku for quite some time now and I have not had a bad dish here. Truly authentic food (the head Sushi Chef is from Tokyo) and it stands out as one of the better places in the Daytona area for Japanese food.

Portions are large for the cost. My wife and I usually make a meal out of their excellent Miso Soup, a couple of Sushi rolls (usually the Spicy Scallop and the Shrimp Tempura), and a large fried rice to share between us. Total cost is less than $15 for everything.

Give the place a try, even if they are a bit difficult to find (wedged in a little strip mall) and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank James R
Oakdale, Connecticut
“Give it a Chance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Unfortunately its location is very misleading. Apparently its been there since 2008 but we just found it this Christmas.
This is a Japanese restaurant, not a chinese restaurant serving sushi as a side deal. This is about as authentic as it gets. Good selection and prices are reasonable.
All the appetizers were great, but a little on the small size. Howeer, most of them are only 5-6 dollars so taking that into consideration they are a good deal.
Had several of the standard sushi rolls, but the specials were where it was at. Soft shell crab roll was phenomanal. Never had anything like this before and cant say enought about it.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Oakdale29
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Amazing food, truly authentic Japanese! I recommend the beef tataki it's a great appetizer or light dinner.

2 Thank Joe P