“Nice stop while on the road!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd

Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Westlake Village, California
“Nice stop while on the road!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Traveling from Orlando to Charlotte, this was our first stop
Very nice and clean
Breakfast not included but reasonable

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Nanspa5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I'm a frequent traveler who has earned Platinum with Marriott, and Gold with Hilton. This stay has made me reconsider the Holiday Inn chain. The room was much better than the Hilton Garden Inn room I had last week in Orange Park, FL. Being a shower person who doesn't like showering in a bathtub with a curtain, I really enjoyed the walk in shower with great water pressure, and water that didn't smell like sulfer (like in Orange Park). The hotel is also in a quiet area, away from the maddening crowd around the beach area. I requested feather pillows when I booked and when I checked in the front desk staff handed me my feather pillows. A very, very nice hotel, and a great value for the money!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Robert G
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I am a frequent traveler with over 400,000 Hilton Honor points. I have never written a hotel review before on any hotel but I felt extremely compelled to do so for this hotel. I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn before and I have to say that when I first made my reservations my thought was “OMG, I’m staying in a Holiday Inn”. Well, I have to say that I was in shock; this hotel was incredible, sensational, and phenomenal, the room was outstanding, the bed a heavenly dream, my in-room breakfast was also outstanding and what would have cost me almost $40.00 in a Hilton was only $12.00. I cannot for the life of me image a better hotel in all of Daytona. Look out Hilton you’ve got some stiff competition coming your way.

Way to go Holiday Inn on LPGA Blvd.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank John D
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 3 days in may 2012 for business and vacation. the room is huge, clean and new with kitchenette. Location is good near the highway and close to everywhere. The only minus is breakfast, small choices. I recommend for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank izlo
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a golf tournament. Room was clean and fresh smelling. Grounds were kept clean and trash free. Most of the front staff was eager to help aside from one employee who was texting on his phone while we stood and waited for him to check us in. Disapionted in the free breakfast, not much of a selection. Overall a great place to stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank RichardHance
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The room was clean, the hotel was clean, the pool felt good and the hot tub was wonderful. The staff was very friendly.

That was the good stuff! Now for the dig: As the title of the review indicates there was not much rest to be had. Here was the issue - we walked into the room and it was a little stuffy and warm. Within a minute the air conditioner turned on and the room cooled down. Whenever the compressor turned off so did the fan (usually there are settings on the AC that allow the fan to run continuously thereby keeping the air flowing and the constant hum makes for a good night's sleep). This AC had no such setting (kind of - explanation to follow). So, all night long the AC would turn on and we would get cold and turn off and we would get hot. We actually set the thermostat to 65 degrees to achieve some kind of balance.

The second night we found the setting on the thermostat for the fan to run constantly - hooray!
Not so fast. Same thing happened as the previous night except that when I would get up to check the thermostat the AC would turn on. EVERY TIME! It appears that there is a sensor that senses motion and turns on the AC (remember what happened when we first walked into the room). There was no way to keep the air circulating. Upon complaining to management they said that the AC was designed to turn off for 2 minutes every so often to keep it from freezing up. Running just the fan does not make the AC freeze up. They denied that there was a motion sensor controlling the AC. Coincidence that every time I got out of bed the AC turned on? Coincidence that every time we walked into the room the AC turned on? Enough about that.

The reason we stayed at this hotel was that it was among the newest in the Daytona area. I can guarantee that we will not come back here. Besides the issue mentioned above, there is also no place to eat nearby. We found a few restaurants but there was some travel involved. They have a restaurant that is part of Holiday Inn but it tends to be pricey. Also the only way you can get a free continental breakfast is by being a Priority Club member and that will get you 2 breakfasts per day (if there are more in your party that's just too bad).

If these concerns do not trouble you then enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank J_Main54
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear J_Main54,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. It is a disappointment that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your review will be used to help us improve in the areas we may have fallen short, and I hope that you would give us a chance to show what we have done.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Skillman, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I tried this Holiday Inn in 2011 and returned with 4 of my golf schools that I conduct at LPGA.

I found the hotel to be clean and very hospitable. The staff is great and were willing to help and assist us during our stay.

My studens were very complimnetary about the hotel (I had previoulsy utulizied another hotel in Ormond Beach) and thought it was a vast improvement.

We will be retunring in 2013

Room Tip: I was at the hotel aon 4 different occasions in March and April and found all my rooms to be good...