“Incredible Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Miami, Florida
“Incredible Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I am a frequent traveler with over 400,000 Hilton Honor points. I have never written a hotel review before on any hotel but I felt extremely compelled to do so for this hotel. I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn before and I have to say that when I first made my reservations my thought was “OMG, I’m staying in a Holiday Inn”. Well, I have to say that I was in shock; this hotel was incredible, sensational, and phenomenal, the room was outstanding, the bed a heavenly dream, my in-room breakfast was also outstanding and what would have cost me almost $40.00 in a Hilton was only $12.00. I cannot for the life of me image a better hotel in all of Daytona. Look out Hilton you’ve got some stiff competition coming your way.

Way to go Holiday Inn on LPGA Blvd.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank John D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 3 days in may 2012 for business and vacation. the room is huge, clean and new with kitchenette. Location is good near the highway and close to everywhere. The only minus is breakfast, small choices. I recommend for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank izlo
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a golf tournament. Room was clean and fresh smelling. Grounds were kept clean and trash free. Most of the front staff was eager to help aside from one employee who was texting on his phone while we stood and waited for him to check us in. Disapionted in the free breakfast, not much of a selection. Overall a great place to stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank RichardHance
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The room was clean, the hotel was clean, the pool felt good and the hot tub was wonderful. The staff was very friendly.

That was the good stuff! Now for the dig: As the title of the review indicates there was not much rest to be had. Here was the issue - we walked into the room and it was a little stuffy and warm. Within a minute the air conditioner turned on and the room cooled down. Whenever the compressor turned off so did the fan (usually there are settings on the AC that allow the fan to run continuously thereby keeping the air flowing and the constant hum makes for a good night's sleep). This AC had no such setting (kind of - explanation to follow). So, all night long the AC would turn on and we would get cold and turn off and we would get hot. We actually set the thermostat to 65 degrees to achieve some kind of balance.

The second night we found the setting on the thermostat for the fan to run constantly - hooray!
Not so fast. Same thing happened as the previous night except that when I would get up to check the thermostat the AC would turn on. EVERY TIME! It appears that there is a sensor that senses motion and turns on the AC (remember what happened when we first walked into the room). There was no way to keep the air circulating. Upon complaining to management they said that the AC was designed to turn off for 2 minutes every so often to keep it from freezing up. Running just the fan does not make the AC freeze up. They denied that there was a motion sensor controlling the AC. Coincidence that every time I got out of bed the AC turned on? Coincidence that every time we walked into the room the AC turned on? Enough about that.

The reason we stayed at this hotel was that it was among the newest in the Daytona area. I can guarantee that we will not come back here. Besides the issue mentioned above, there is also no place to eat nearby. We found a few restaurants but there was some travel involved. They have a restaurant that is part of Holiday Inn but it tends to be pricey. Also the only way you can get a free continental breakfast is by being a Priority Club member and that will get you 2 breakfasts per day (if there are more in your party that's just too bad).

If these concerns do not trouble you then enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank J_Main54
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear J_Main54,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. It is a disappointment that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your review will be used to help us improve in the areas we may have fallen short, and I hope that you would give us a chance to show what we have done.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Skillman, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I tried this Holiday Inn in 2011 and returned with 4 of my golf schools that I conduct at LPGA.

I found the hotel to be clean and very hospitable. The staff is great and were willing to help and assist us during our stay.

My studens were very complimnetary about the hotel (I had previoulsy utulizied another hotel in Ormond Beach) and thought it was a vast improvement.

We will be retunring in 2013

Room Tip: I was at the hotel aon 4 different occasions in March and April and found all my rooms to be good...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CVCCpro
Altamonte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel for one night and I was not overly impressed. I arrived exactly at check-in and here is what I found:

The Staff: The front desk staff could use a refresher course in customer service and overall professionalism. The night staff forgot some basic interpersonal skills.

The Hotel Common Areas/Amenities: The lobby area is nicely decorated, but leading into the restaurant was odd since it was pitch black. The restaurant did not seem inviting or even open for business. The pool and jacuzzi area was clean, but the towels (more like hand towels) by the pool were extremely worn. The elevators smelled like old food and this carried up to the third floor where I stayed. Hotel guests who ordered room service earlier in the day had old trays of food in the hallway for several hours. This made the hallway smell even worse.

The Room: I had a room with a king bed and overall the room was okay. The first thing I noticed was the pillow cases. They were wrinkled and haphazardly thrown on. The pillows themselves were small and oddly misshapen due to lost stuffing material. The walls had random paint spots. It was clearly an attempt to cover up something, but you could see the color did not match the original paint color. The lamp shades were twisted and extremely dusty, including the curtains. The microwave and mini-refrigerator area was nice and the closet space was generous. The bathroom layout and decor was beautiful...but I FOUND GROSS HAIR STRANDS:( There was hair on the shower floor and old shower gel products on the wall. It is obvious that the bathroom was not fully cleaned!!!

Location: When ever I travel to a high tourist area, I make it a point to stay a few miles away from all the action. Based on that, the hotel location was perfect for me. If you want to be closer to the track, shopping mall, restaurants, and beaches this hotel in not for you.

Will I Stay Again? Most likely not, I've stayed at much better.

Do I Recommend? Only if you able to settle with the above.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor away from elevators and the housekeeper/service closet(s).
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank lacitypro
DaytonaHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Good morning,

I would like to personally apologize for any disappointment you experienced during your recent stay. As you can see by our other guest reviews, we have a solid track record of taking care of our guests and making sure their stays are enjoyable. That said, it appears that we may have failed during your stay.

Please feel free to call me the next time you are coming to Daytona Beach and I will personally handle your reservation and make sure that your next stay is one worth writing about, in a positive way.

Dave Bon Fleur, GM
386-236-0200, ext. 501
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed here the Weekend of April 7th 2012 for a friends weeding. The first night I was in a regular room, the second night I switched to the pull out in a friend's suite-room.

Check in was very easy. They had room keys already coded for you. Very cool, you just showed ID, provided a Credit Card for Security (Never been anywhere where I didn't) and I was handed the booklet that had my name on it, and card inside with the FREE WI-FI code. FREE WIFI!. I've stayed at places that want to charge as much as $30 for Wi-Fi, its so nice when places see it as an added value, not a random revenue stream.

The two queen bed room I stayed in the first day was very clean, and had a south east facing view toward the Speedway. Morning sun was bright this time of year if your not an AM person I suggest the Blackout curtains that are on a separate track from the sheer curtains (Nice touch having two types.) There was a desk to get work done, with a note that stated they had at the front desk Wifi Adapters if you needed one. This place is setup for business travelers and its nice to have access to local number and 800 numbers for free *Plus the wi-fi.

Room came with a very nice iron that quickly moved through the packing wrinkles on my outfits.

Bathroom was clean functional and spacious for a hotel bathroom. (It might even be larger then the bathroom in some apartments I've had.)

What really made the stay was the "extra touches" done by the staff. As stated I was in town for a wedding. The bride and groom suggested the hotel and they worked with the staff to place personalized notes in each persons room that was attending the wedding. I was shocked to have one as I did not book this room until 4:00 A.M. the morning of my stay! That made the trip right there.

They had worked with the staff & bartender to ensure their guests would be well taken care of, Megan the bartender was great in addition to being friendly and helpful to our large bar party even stayed a little late to ensure our full satisfaction!

I checked out the workout area and was very nice and a step above the normal treadmill and lat pull down bar I've seen at most hotels.

Keycard are awesome and use NFC. Every fiddle with your keycard trying to figure out the right direction to apply it, have that magnetic strip worn off? Battle with the door to gain entry in your room? Not here! They use NFC. Slip this card in your wallet and you're never going to lose it (unless you lose your wallet.) Get back to your room, waive your wallet (or card) near the door and it unlocks! Worried about security of this feature? Don't its harder the magnetic tech to forge a room key based on the coding of the locks. Its like that ID badge at work, or to enter your apartment complex.

Here is the best part! I accidentally left my sunglasses in the lobby late Saturday night. I called up three days later. Spoke with the front desk, they took my name and number. Within ten minutes they called me back with wonderful news, they found my glasses. A few days latter they were back protecting my eyes from the sun!.

Room Tip: I had the chance to visit someone that had a very large suite that was the size of at least two norm...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends