“A Very Pleasant Surprise!”

Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd
Ranked #23 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Essex, Vermont
“A Very Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

My brother and I have driven around 47 of the lower 48 states in the last three years -- 30,000 miles so far (we're still on our latest trip) and about 150 hotels from well under a $100 to about $400 per night. We've also eaten at restaurants where breakfast or lunch typically costs about $30 and dinner might average $75 (tops being maybe $250). So that's our background for judging places.

We were forced by driving rain and hail to make it an early night at this Holiday Inn (after having a great time at Kennedy Space Center). It looks a bit above average from the outside. It's even better inside. The room was clean, bigger than we expected, and cost about $70 after either the AAA or AARP discount. Since we travel after Labor Day, I don't know what the rate for a room with two queen beds (like ours) would be, but that's what we paid.

The pool was small but clean. The hot tub next to it was the same. The staff was very pleasant. The whole place just had a comfortable feel to it, despite being booked up due to a nearby tennis tournament.

An even bigger surprise was the restaurant just off their lobby. My brother had salmon. I had a steak and crab cake combination. I'm not an expert food reviewer, but he liked his salmon, the salads were fresh, the carrots and aspargus crisp and hot, the steak was marinated in something that added nicely to the flavor ... and it was cooked the way I asked for it -- juicy light pink on the inside, seared on the outside.

The crab cake was very good. Not the best I've ever had, having eaten many crab cakes in Maryland and having had some sensational ones on St. Pete's beach not long ago. But again, this crab cake was perfectly acceptable.

The server was new, but was learning fast and trying very hard. She'll have it down by the time anyone reads this.

Since there were few people at this nice restaurant, I asked the hotel staff about it. They said the chef was quite new and had changed much about it. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone in the area or passing through. (The chef did come out twice to check on how we were doing. Perhaps he did so because he knew of the server's inexperience, but he seemed genuinely interested in what we thought.)

So that's it. My first review. My brother and I feel we should have written others because we've come across some other gems scattered about our amazing country. Thanks for reading it. Hope it was helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Very clean, very nice, very friendly staff. Great place to stay if you are there on business. It is not near the beaches, however. Great oversized rooms and bathrooms!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

I just wanted to drop a quick THANK-YOU to the entire staff at the Holiday Inn LPGA. We held our MainStreetChamber networking event there on 9/21/11 and it was a SMASH HIT!

The staff did a great job all around. Great food, great service & amazingly everyone who works there had a smile and great attitude. Our chamber members all gave great feedback.

I live close by, so I didn't stay there, but we did take a tour of the guest rooms and they are amazing too. Clean, nicely appointed & very modern. I would highly recommend this property for a Chamber, Corporate or other group event, or as a nice place to stay..

Fantastic!

Ron DeRosa
President
MainStreetChamber
www.mainstreetchamber.org

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
China Grove, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

The hotel is only two years old, but looked as though it was opened yesterday. Had a king suite, loved the exra space, wonderful bedding. Happy hour was going on so we took advantage after a long day of driving. Heather the bartender was delightful. Reggie the most awesome chef brought out wonderful appertizers. For dinner I had the sirlion blue cheese salad cooked to perfection, hubby had a club with delicious skinny fries. Very surprised at the quailty of food for a hotel resturant. Would highly recommend for the money, (we also had a cooked to order breakfast included in the price of our room). Will definitly stay again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Skillman, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

Holiday Inn was a great upgrade and all my participants at the golf school loved my new choice of hotel. I have already booked and will be returning with 4 golf schools early in 2012.
Holiday Inn is close to I95 and airport / has a bar / next door to LPGA / clean and comfortable rooms / flat screen TVs / staff is awesome / hot breakfast in the am

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

This weekend we stayed at the Holiday Inn we were in town to see South Carolina State and Bethune Cookman play. The Holiday Inn is a wonderful place to stay just three miles from the Stadium. This hotel is clean and comfortable the staff was just awesome. This is were you may want to stop first when you are in Daytona. The Holiday Inn was a perfect place to stay for Club Blue I would highly recommend this hotel. “Great place for visiting fans to stay for the game”

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

This Hotel is two years old, very lovely, the staff is very professional, the room was clean and decorated very nicely. I was very impressed, as was my husband, not far from shopping or the stadium, and resturants. Glad we picked this one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple