“Don't miss if passing”

River Lily Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 17 Daytona Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2012

One of the best B&B's I've had the pleasure of finding. Clean, comfortable, quaint, great food, great spot.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Spartacus81

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I had a business meeting for two days at the River Lily Inn B&B and it could not have gone better.
Polly and Art made certain that the 7 of us were comfortable and fed well. The quiet evenings on the upper and lower porches all but made us relax after intense conversation all day. Like working from home. I expect our meetings will be at similar places from now on. We were spoiled.
I will be back again with my wife for a relaxing time in the Daytona area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank George B
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife & I just stayed their this past weekend for our 9th anniversary. It was fantastic! The hosts treated us like family. We had the bridal sweet. The room was perfect. It had a good view of the water plus a pool. It was perfect for a romantic getaway which we needed. It was also close to this great restaruant named carribean jack's. I would recommend this bed & breakfast to anybody! Thank you for havens like this in our hectic world!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Sting1278
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Art and Polly are friendly, outgoing and want to ensure your stay at River Lily is a memorable one. Our days began with a wonderful breakfast cooked by Art and a trip down memory lane with Art's musical stylings:). River Lily is a wonderful respite located a stones throw from the hubbub of the beach but quiet, restful and beautiful. You can enjoy the best of both worlds. Polly was so helpful and ready to make sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. Great place, great people.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Paula P
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We just returned from the River Lily Inn. We went for our first trip to Bike Week and could not have picked a better place to stay.
We arrived and were greeted on the front porch with a big hug from Art,right behind him was Polly. They treated us as if they knew us, I almost felt like I knew them after reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor. What a special couple they are. They certainly picked the right profession. One can always tell when someone loves what they are doing - Art and Polly most certainly love the demanding life of Inn ownership. They are around when their guests need something or just to provide company-while still providing plenty of privacy, they have found the perfect mix. They even let us know they would be out to run errands, so if we needed them we should call them on their cell phone. Art makes a wonderful, bountiful breakfast- way more than I could eat. Polly serves her guests in a beautiful, sunny room overlooking the grounds with a view of the river. We were treated as if we were very special.

We very much enjoyed meeting the other guests in the morning and talking about their experiences. This weekend we were all bikers, so was a really nice crowd. We spoke to other couples from all over- Savannah, Central Florida, Holland, ect.... - what a lovely group of people. We would have never gotten this much out of staying a generic hotel.

The room was clean, cozy, very bright and tastefully decorated, We stayed in the Gardens View Room. The bed was an amazing pillow top with the softest sheets I have ever slept on! Polly stocks the room with all amenities you need. Plenty of soft, fluffy towels, elegant soaps and lotions, cups, cotton, Q-tips, etc... If you didn't bring it, she remembered and leaves a basket in the hall with items you may have forgotten. In the morning, Polly sets out coffee and tea in the hall, so you can have your morning drink in the privacy of your room. She is sure to find out what you like to drink in the morning, so she can accommodate all her guest's needs. She asked twice to make sure we did not have any food allergies. They provide a refrigerator with complementary soda, water, and Klondike bars on the first floor. This is a wonderful touch, I don't know how many times I go to a hotel and forget to take a couple bottles of water. No worries at this Inn, Art and Polly have thought of everything.

Then entire Inn has a cozy, homey feel. The grounds are very nice with plenty of room, we were able to park our trailer on the property. You would never know you are so close to a huge tourist destination, what an oasis! The Inn is about 5 minutes from all the Bike Week action on Main St. and about 15-20minute ride from Destination Daytona and the other Bike Week activities - situated right between the two, perfect location. Since, we did not want to stay in a noisy hotel with all night parties- we were so thrilled to find this Inn!
We did not use the pool, but in the summer- this would be such a fabulous plus.
We had such a great time, much of which we attribute to Art and Polly, their beautiful home, and the other wonderful guests at the River Lily Inn.

Room Tip: Don't worry about your room, you will love it no matter which one you are in.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank etoile1
Reviewed February 29, 2012

All in all we had a very nice stay at the River Lily. The start was a little rough, as we were welcomed with being asked if we had driven on the grass (which we had not) and a complaint about the new pool guy. I thought we may have made a mistake by choosing this bed and breakfast.

Thankfully, it improved greatly from there. The rooms are very clean and Art and Polly are very helpful with tips on where to eat, shop, etc. We appreciated the bikes that they loaned us, as we enjoyed a wonderful bike ride.

The location of the inn was perfect for us. It is in a very peaceful area on the Halifax River. It is quiet and feels a little secluded, but still with a lovely view. It is a short drive to the beach. We enjoyed some time in the touristy area of the beach, but it was great to come back to the peace of the River Lily.

Breakfast the first morning was a new recipe and it was very undercooked. I did not fault them for trying something new and the fresh fruit was wonderful. The second day, they more than made up for the previous miss with an amazingly delicious and big breakfast. My husband also enjoyed the Klondike bars that they keep stocked in the freezer.

We found our stay to be very relaxing and refreshing and expect that you will too.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank suzanne9209
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The River Lily B&B far exceeds any hotel experience in my opinion. The owners, Art and Polly are wonderful people. They truly enjoy what they're doing, and it shows. Beautiful manicured grounds, extra clean rooms, and super friendly.

Because I was on business, I stayed in a room with a desk, wireless internet, king size bed, TV and private bath. The corporate rate was also a great perk. I do a fair amount of travel and I must say that staying there made my trip less like work and more like a vacation.

I'll be back.

Room Tip: Several types of rooms and rates for each to choose from. If you've never been there before, you...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Best Western Aku Tiki Inn
Best Western Aku Tiki Inn
#4 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to River Lily Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!