“Absolutely one of the best experiences ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of River Lily Inn Bed & Breakfast

River Lily Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 25 Daytona Beach B&B and Inns
Titusville, Florida
“Absolutely one of the best experiences ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Idyllic, romantic setting for an outdoor wedding, which is what took me to River Lily Inn in the first place. Friends were being married there, in front of the beautiful old Inn built in the late 1800s. Shaded under towering oaks and cooled by the breezes from the river, it was all just too wonderful!

Then as a guest, I couldn't have been more royally treated and I have stayed in B&Bs all over the globe. The Inn was spotless, rooms beautifully decorated and have wonderfully large, and tiled, bathrooms. Holly and Art are extremely friendly and go out of their way to accomodate all their guests and work tirelessly to that end. They both cook up a sumptuous breakfast fit for any King or Queen and no one leaves feeling less than well fed!

Yes! Definitely will go back, again and again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank charlie f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Cambridgeshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed three nights in the Sea Breeze room. The heart shaped pool was clean and well maintained, while the landscaping made it a pleasant place to sit and relax in the sun. A really nice touch was the fridge which was well stocked with bottled water, soft drinks and choc ices which we were told to to help ourselves. Thanks Art, for the Aloe leaves which greatly eased my sunburn and the recommendation for the wonderful ice cream shop which we would never have found ourselves. We enjoyed Art and Polly's company and conversation. They are very warm and welcoming hosts. Upon arrival we were asked what time we wanted breakfast and when we came down it appeared rapidly. Polly also brought us tea and coffee upstairs before breakfast which was left on the upstairs landing. We would highly recommend this beautiful inn and would love to return again some day.

1 Thank redgooner
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the River Lily Inn B&B in late July. It was great. Art & Polly have a beautiful place, the rooms are very clean and comfortable.
We had the Seabreeze room overlooking the river, yard and heart-shaped pool. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the veranda enjoying the view and listening to the fountains splash water, the birds in the morning and the night bugs in the evening. I especially enjoyed watching the magnificent sunrises while snuggling with my hubby in the very comfy bed.
Coffee and a newspaper was delivered in the hallway before 7am and you could smell breakfast cooking already! Art has a way with eggs! They are so fluffy and soft, the fruit and cream is some of the freshest I've ever tasted.
Art and Polly are very gracious hosts, they thought of everything a guest might need including towels for the pool, citronella candle on the veranda in case the mosquitoes are out (they weren't), extra towels in your room, sodas, water and Klondike bars in the fridge for the "snack attacks".
If you are looking for a great place for dinner, ask Polly to make reservations for you at The Chart House, you will get the VIP treatment! The Prime rib is incredible.
You can bet we will tell our friends about this awesome little hideaway.

2 Thank lonewolf1428
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the Coke Zero 400 and stayed for four nights.

We were greeted by the lovely Polly who checked us in super early because we were heading to the NASCAR race and we were eternally grateful for that, and then Polly offered us the chance to upgrade our room to the best in the house which was a lovely suprise.

Every morning Art and Polly provided the most delicious and huge breakfasts I have ever eaten in my life. Art - I don't think I will ever eat anything as delicious as the 4th of July breakfast ever again, it was AMAZING!

The room, bed and bathroom were spotlessly clean and really comfortable.

The pool was great!

But Art and Polly really made the stay for us, you were both so welcoming and it really did feel like staying with friends.

Stuart and I will definitely be returning soon!!

Room Tip: River Lily or Moon River
3 Thank kimorwin
Music City, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Let me preface this review by saying that we only stayed one night and skipped breakfast, so it won't be comprehensive of a typical lengthy stay. We needed a place to stay before going to Titusville early the next morning for the final Space Shuttle launch. We weren't really visiting Daytona. Check-in was easy, but slightly off putting. We signed a waiver saying that if we stained the towels with makeup or wine that we'd pay for them. I've never seen anything like that before. It sort of set the mood a bit off. Another B&B we stayed at after this one had a card in the room asking guests to use the provided towlettes (available in the bathrooms here at the River Lily too) and black makeup towels as an eco-friendly action as it keeps them from having to use bleach. A much better way to accomplish the same goal.

Towels were available for the pool, but not for taking off property. Erm...it's Daytona BEACH. It would be nice to have beach towels, chairs, umbrellas, and coolers made available. We wouldn't have had time to take advantage of that, but they would have been needed if we were staying longer. Guests that fly in can't carry that kind of stuff, even if they have it. If that stuff is available, it wasn't mentioned to us.

The location isn't bad. It's easy to find and has a nice view of the river and across to the beach strip. There's a small park directly across the street providing unobstructed views. It's a short drive to a few restaurants and across a bridge to the main drag. It's not really within walking distance of much, so plan on driving anywhere you want to go.

The rooms are well appointed, clean, modern, and large. No complaints there. Keep up the good work. There are coffees and complimentary toiletries if you forget any on a table on the second floor. A nice touch. The bed was plenty comfortable and each room has its own heat/air controls. Moon River has twin skylights over the bed. If you want to sleep in late, this may not be the best choice.

There's a library of books (take one, leave one) and DVDs on the main floor.

The pool was crystal clear.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

Polly and Art obviously take pride in their b and b. We were just passing through on a road trip, and only had the pleasure of their hospitality for one night, but they made it a memorable one. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with nice touches of luxury like Egyptian towels and 600 thread count sheets. Breakfast was delicious, and coffee and juices were plentiful. Other nice and somewhat unique finds versus other b and b's: dvd players in the rooms with a decent library of movies to choose from; sodas and sweets in a guest fridge, a 1950s inspired pool and an engaging owner team! Polly and Art go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant and that you will want to return! We do!

2 Thank Crusha
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at River Lily twice, and I highly recommend it to anyone traveling to the Daytona area. Our first stay was for our wedding night, and I have to admit, I was a little hesitant when I found out my husband was taking me to a B&B. But I could not have been more impressed with our experience, and we just went back to celebrate our first anniversary in the same suite.

Polly and Art are the BEST hosts- they are warm and gracious, knowledgable about the area, and they make you feel at home. Also, the breakfast is always AMAZING!!!!

I love that the River Lily is a charming old house, that feels like a quaint B&B, but also luxurious and comfortable with modern touches, too. The bed in the River Lily suite is super comfortable and the bathroom has modern touches. The Inn is also impeccably clean.

I am so glad my husband found the River Lily....can't wait to go back and celebrate another anniversary!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple