“Treated with respect by all staff .”

Sand and Surf by EVRentals
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
Sand and Surf by EVRentals
ottawa
“Treated with respect by all staff .”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have weeks at this resort .any time we have visit this resort everybody was having a great time pool was always clean. units have been renovated with everything you need yes you have some rules that is a good thing for all . lots of places to eat near by. many places to see near by or just enjoy the beach .watch the sun come out of the ocean in the morning what a site we will visted this April sure to have a good time Ottawa Canada.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pauley9

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I got this place through my time share exchange. I liked the location for this place. The staff was very friendly especially the maintenance , and cleaning staff. We meet some people whom own timeshares here they seemed very friendly. The beds here are harder then a rock. I would rather sleep on the floor. I have never seen a murphy bed before and upon pulling it down got a huge bruise on my arm for my entire trip. Worst idea on having this bed they could have saved space if they would have had a couch bed like most places. Place was not very clean rust in most areas. I did a lot of detail cleaning myself found a few dead roaches under the coach. The fridge is kind of small not regular size but bigger then a hotel fridge. TV's very small old tube TV's. We had to buy air fresheners because it smelled like mold/mildew in our room upon arrival. Couch very uncomfortable looks nice but not fun to sit on. Eating area only has a small table for 3 people to eat even though 6 can stay. The worst part making us wear wrist bands the entire time. Other resorts let u take them off. So I have a white area on my arm from the band. Overall u get what you pay for. I don't think I would stay her again until things changed. But it wasn't the worst place I've stayed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Rosalove7
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

When I was exchanging into this timeshare I was a bit concerned given the reviews on TripAdvisor, but our experience was great overall. I found the staff to very helpful and friendly, we had no problems. The room was satisfactory for me and my wife and could have probably handled a couple of grandchildern too, however it would have been a little tight with 4 adults. A full kitchen was in the room and we prepared almost all our meals there. To me the value of timeshares is that you don't have to go out to eat every day..that really saves alot of money. They do require wristbands, but that is not unusual..I stayed at a Marriott resort in Hilton Head this year that does the same thing...when you have an open beach that allows access to your facilities there has be some way of identifying who is a legitimate guest and those who are not. We stayed in poolside studio unit that had a great view of the beach. The easy access from our room to the pool and beach was a huge plus. Don't expect a Marriott type experience, but if you are looking for a clean place, with close proximity to the beach and are blessed with good weather..then I think you will have a great time here.

Room Tip: Most of the studio rooms are poolside and have a nice view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank TimeshareownerX2
Highland, Utah
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip with my wife. We had an ocean front room on the 2nd floor. I was beautiful. The sound of the ocean was very relaxing. I would stay here again. BUT, I would make sure you understand the beach chair policy. Coming home from a busy day I was looking forward to sometime on the beach, but found the chair person had locked up the chairs at 6:00pm, which seems a little early since the sun was up until 8:30. I talked with the person who locked up the chairs, asking if we could use two. He had no intention of letting us have a couple chairs and an umbrella. His only response was, "I just barely locked them up."

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul T
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2012

These were the most inconsiderate and rude people i have ever had to deal with on vacation.My wife and i booked at theThe Sand and Surf via telephone.They seemed nice enough over the phone,but that was just a front for what we had expected.We arrived 1 hour before check in with our two and a half year old daughter and as you know with a toddler ,potty time cant be avoided.I asked what i assumed was someone from there maintenance department if they had a restroom that my daughter could use.I initially got a blank stare and then he had the nerve to ask me if i was a guest here.I was then asked to provide my reservation documentation,while my daughter relieved herself in the car seat.My point is that the guy couldnt let my daughter use the restroom before this guy had to verify anything.Iconfronted management about this inncident and they basically shrugged me off like, i was a parasite.Needless to say they were the rudest and most obnoxiuos staff i have ever encountered and we decided not to stay there.They couldnt have cared less.NO refund for my deposit .BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE.NEVER MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Chris C

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This place was horrible. It felt like going into a prison and not on vacation. The staff was horrible, they required us to go everyday and put wrist bands on. We got in trouble because my kids touched the rope in the pool, we got in trouble for wanting to BBQ one day, their BBQ's did not work. We got in trouble for leaving the door opened for 5 min. The white trash management and the maintenance dude kept knocking on our door every time they saw us go in to the room. We got in trouble for having a few guest on the afternoon. They only had 4 towels, and we could only exchange them for clean ones once during the whole week, no washer and dryer, we had to go and find a laundromat so we could wash our towels. On the fifth day they evicted us for the reasons mentioned above. Please save your time and money and do not go to this place, what a nightmare.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank mir54229
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have been an RCI member for 31 years and have never had a worse experience in exchanging. We live in Orlando and exchanged one of our weeks to the Sand and Surf(about 60 miles away) in Daytona Beach Shores. Our goal was to provide a beach property for our immediate family members throughout the week. We checked in on Saturday and stayed all day Sunday but my wife and I decided to go home that night because our occupancy was (6) and we would have been over had we stayed. We had planned to come back at different times during the rest of the week. Our oldest son and his family(5) comprised the people in the unit and were listed as guests. They had to take our grandson to the hospital in the early morning hours(diabetes related problem). That next morning, the management told me we were being evicted because I, as the RCI member was not there and because of the commotion of doors closing in the wee hours which was due to the hospital trip. The management is a very closed-minded group with no compassion. They told me I needed to be there as the RCI member 24/7 and if not I should have purchased an RCI guest certificate. I told them that was false, only if I exchanged and sent another family in my place would I be required to purchase the guest certificate. In Volusia County you can be evicted for any reason the management deems necessary. In closing--YOU CANNOT HAVE A BATTLE OF WITS WITH HALF-WITS.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are facing the parking lot since this is an old converted motel property.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family