“Like staying with family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Villa Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
The Villa Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 25 Daytona Beach B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Like staying with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

The Villa was the highlight of our stay in Daytona Beach. The owner and his family went out of their way to accomodate us and make us feel welcome. The old mansion was beautifully restored and the antiques the owner has adorned this place made us feel like we were welcome guests and someone's private little castle. The pool was great to read by during the day. A wonderful balcony to sit out on. And a hottub to finish the day. We got a great rate compared to some of the other much less interesting places in town. We likely won't be back to Daytona Beach, but we would be tempted to just so we could visit the proprietor and the lovely home away from home that we found there.

1 Thank foolishkai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

I recently traveled over to Daytona for business and stumbled onto the most wonderful B&B I've ever endured! Upon arrival, I felt like I was in Europe in a wonderful mansion back in the 20's!! This place is not to be missed- not only is it spectacular in furnishings, decor, antiques, treasures from all over the world- but the host of this magnificent jewel is a jewel himself...Jim is a wonderful host and has many tales to share about his incredible life and travels all over the world. I'm so glad he decided to open his home and share it with others and you will too after your visit. So if you appreciate the finer things in life as I do- get on over to The Villa B&B and relish in an exquisit place to stay- I actually stayed an extra night- didn't want to leave!
Please don't miss this bit of heaven on earth! I certainly will go back- it's only an hour away but I felt like I stepped back in time somewhere in Europe!!

Gene Eliotte

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank thepurehart
Ft. LauderdaleFlorida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

Daytona Beach can seem like such an ordinary place. We went up to visit a relative from overseas who was attending a conference at one of the major hotels. A quick web search for something differant turned up The Villa. It immediately caught my eye. it is a lovely and very unique property-like stepping back in time to the 20's and 30's.
Each of it's four guest rooms is uniquely decorated and the main rooms are grand. In spite of this it is a comfortable and welcoming home away from home. The proprietor, Jim, showed genuine interest in us and all the guests, making us all feel welcome. it is easy waliking distance to the beach or just lounge by the the pool or in the hot tub-your choice. I particularly enjoyed sitting in the great room, by the fireplace drinking wine (you can BYO) and reading a book. We will definately go back and recommend it highly.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

I was in Daytona leading a two-day workshop, and my accommodations were the least of my concern. I booked the The Villa because it looked intriguing, the rate was excellent, and and because it wasn't a large corporate or resort hotel.

I was delightfully surprised by everything about this historic, cozy and welcoming inn. I was greeted by Jim, the owner, who was extremely friendly and caring, with the right balance of professionalism and sensitivity. He made sure I was settled comfortably, and gave me a quick tour of this incredible property, of which he feels understandably proud. Beautifully and immaculately decorated, the common areas feel luxurious and historically 'correct' without being out-dated or faded in any way (kudos to Jim for the incredible upkeep of this property). My room, the Christopher Columbus, was the ultimate in cozy charm, with a terrific bed, lovely furniture, and a small balcony ensuite. Although it was too cold for me to swim, the landscaping and pool area felt as luxurious as the interior.

Jim couldn't have been a better host--I felt like I was a special guest in his mansion, and he was exceptionally attentive to everything I needed, giving me maps, directions and recommendations when needed. Guests have use of the kitchen to make tea or prepare snacks as necessary.

All in all, this property is a diamond in the rough, an artistic masterpiece in the midst of Speedway heaven, an oasis of charm and comfort in a beach-side community. I would actually travel to Daytona just to stay here again, and I recommend it without any hesitation. Stay here!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dancetraveller
Deltona, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

What a great place to stay. My husband and I spent the weekend here and we truly felt like a King and Queen. We stayed in the large room with it's own private baloncy and hot tub. The inn keeper, Jim, really thinks of everything from wine glasses to plush robes, hairdryers and small frige. This is a must stay for any one that enjoys staying and B&B's. The breakfast is continental with plenty of fresh brewed coffee and fresh fruit cup!

Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2010

Amazing house! Great furnishings and antiques collections! Owner is the nicest man - and so helpful!!
Blocks from beach, a little bit of a hike to main street, nice quiet neighbourhood, trendy shops and cafe' only blocks away.
Although there is no wifi in each room, ( as the structure of the house will not allow it) the owner is more than free with all his personal computing office.
This is a must stay!!!
Pictures to follow!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

This was an ideal place in an ideal location! We used this B&B as a home base for exploration with day trips to SeaWorld in Orlando, Historic St. Augustine (oldest city in the US), and the Kennedy Space Center. We also relaxed on the beach for a day... a short walk from the B&B. Besides the central location, this home has more character and charm than any other I have visited. It is a 1929 (old for the US) mansion, with perfectly appointed interior decor. I spent hours just looking at all the antiques, tapastries, etc - the owner can give the history of most! There is also a private pool that we used each evening for a 'cool down' dip from the Florida sun and heat.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends