“Friendliest Hotel Staff”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed, for a second time, at the Hilton Daytona. I just have to comment that this hotel has a very friendly and accomodating staff. During both our visits we were greeted warmly by everyone whenever we returned to the hotel or went to one of the restaurants. All of the restaurants on site are very good, have great service and are a pleasure to dine at. The rooms are very comfortable even though there are no balconies. This is a very good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

When we have guests that return to the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort it means we’re doing something right. Our staff is dedicated to provide the best experience for each guest and they will certainly appreciate your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back for a third visit!

Reviewed February 25, 2011

This hotel was great. The room was clean, large and spacious. Everything you could need is right here. It is right on the ocean. Right next door is the band shell and great restaurants. We were here is off season (early Feb.) so there weren't many people around, but it would be right where all the action is come their busy season. I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

We definitely have many great events with a lot of action going on in Daytona Beach, but it’s always nice to enjoy some calmer times that the off-season offers. Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to your next visit at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort.

Reviewed February 24, 2011

We stayed here for a volleyball tournament - played across the street at the convention center. You couldn't beat the location - right on the beach, restaurants and bars close by. We ate in the sports bar in the hotel and the food was good - just typical bar food, but good for kids and adults alike. There is a Starbucks down the block which I was happy to have. The pool is nice - partially indoors. It was cold when we were there, but the beach and pool would be great in March or April. My daughter and I shared a room with two double beds. It was completely adequate, nothing fancy. We had an oceanfront room and the view was spectacular. Daytona Beach is not really my scene - it's very built up, and I'm sure it gets crazy in season, but this was a nice hotel, centrally located, and I would stay there again. I did not have the same issues others have noted around service and valet parking. The valet was expensive, but it was nice to not have to worry about my car for the weekend. We had a bellhop check us out on Sunday, and he got my car moved to the front of the valet line. I found the service to be solid during our stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort is so convenient to the convention center and being right on the beach can’t be beat. We hope you and your daughter had a great time at the volleyball tournament and hope you’ll visit us again in the future!

Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were there for ten days for speedweeks the room was clean and nice. The bars were great but a little high but it speedweek the parking was the only thing I had a problem with the restaurants were good but we will back next year

• Stayed: February 2011
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2011

Glad you could make to Speed Week and we hope you had a great time. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort next year if not sooner!

Reviewed February 22, 2011

Room was clean, nice ocean view. Very comfortable bed. Concierge was very pleasant and professional. A Hilton standard hotel in Daytona.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the wonderful review and we’re glad you had such a nice stay with us at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. Our staff will be flattered by your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights in December and was not disappointed at all--oceanview, gift shop, great location, beautiful lobby, clean, friendly staff, even Christmas cookies and carolers! The ONLY thing I would change is the parking situation; we opted for the self-parking across the street, which was kind of spooky at night. Well, I guess I would also ask for a smoking room if one had been available but plenty of places outside to go. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Daytona Beach. Thanks, Hilton, for making my stay memorable!

• Stayed: December 2010

Thank you for the review! The Christmas cookies and carolers were a great hit with our guests and we’re so glad that you enjoyed them as well! We appreciate your loyalty in returning to us the next time you’re in Daytona Beach. We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort.

Reviewed February 19, 2011

My bad experience started with the valet parking. The valet took 3-4 minutes to examine my rental car (more time than Avis will use when I return it), identifies a scratch on the rear bumper and then makes me sign off on the valet ticket. I have a Hilton Diamond Honors card -- I've stayed in a wide variety of hotels -- and I've never had a valet examine my car like that.

Then, at the check-in desk, I realize that I mistakenly made my reservation on Orbitz for the next weekend. The desk clerk was very nice -- tried to cancel the erroneous reservation but couldn't, and then offered to find me another hotel room.

When I logged into Orbitz to cancel the mistaken reservation, Orbitz didn't charge any cancellation fee, but the Hilton wouldn't refund my payment -- even though I cancelled the reservation a full week before the check-in date.

I won't recommend this Hilton to anyone and may rethink my loyalty to the Hilton brand because of this experience

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. We value the property of our guests and want to ensure the best possible review of all cars entrusted with our valet service. As much as we would like to be able to address your issues of the reservation error that was made through a third party booking site, the limited information and lack of details makes it extremely difficult to do on a review site. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and hope you’ll contact us directly should you need further assistance.