“Can't wait to go back.”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I can't believe that we got a room at the Hilton cheaper than the Holiday Inn. The rooms were nice. I love that the ac has a thermastat and not just high, medium, or low. The bed and pillows were so comfortable. It's the best sleep I have had in a long time. We were in walking distance from all the shops. My only complaint would be having to pay $9 to park a block away. Parking was limited. We got the last space when we came back at night and visitors are also allowed to park in the limited space. You can pay $17 for valet parking but then you also have to tip them. All in all it was a wonderful time and I can't wait to stay again.

Reviewed August 9, 2009

I can't believe that this is a four-star hotel--I've had better service from two-star places. This was our one night each year that my husband and I get away just the two of us, and we all we wanted was a place to rest and relax. We got there at 2 hoping to check in early, but we understood that we might have to wait until 4 p.m. for regular check-in. WRONG. They wouldn't check us in until 6 p.m., and even then it was because we told them that our cell phone was out of power so we could no longer wait for them to call us. They gave us a street room instead of the oceanview we paid for, the sheets smelled like sweat, only two people were working front desk during check-in with a sold-out hotel (the line went out the door). The pool was way too small for the number of guests and the size of the hotel. On top of it all, the staff was rude.

1  Thank workingmom97
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We booked on Priceline - last minute so for what we paid it was well worth it!!!! It is a great location - right off the pier - lots to do and very busy! Live entertainment all times of day and a constant flow of people coming and going. Pool and Beach Bars - decent specials but expensive otherwise. Beware - Parking is a expensive 17$ valet or 9$ self parking - a hot walk in the summer heat but not too far! You can rent a fridge for your room but cooler is fine. We had a great view of the sling shot but also the fireworks Sat night. We always make at least one trip to the OceanDeck - true beach atmosphere and delicious crab legs!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I had to wait almost 4 hours to check in even through they stated we could check in at 4:00pm, or room was not ready until 7:00pm that evening. I was promised a call when our room was ready, i had to calll them about the room thats when i learned that the room was available. Did not know we had to pay to park $9 for parking behind a Bar-B-Q joint or $17 for them to park it for me, but i found out that most of the hotels there has a parking fee. When i got in my room i reserved a Queen size ocean veiw, but i got a 2 full size street view and heres the kicker that room was register under someone else name. I find out they had not assign me a room. But once everything was ironed out i had the option to take the room that i had asked for, or stay in the one i was already in. All in all i had a great stay my room was clean and comfortable great location, the staff was very friendly and they apologize for the inconvience. For the price of my stay it was a good one i would stay there again and i would recommend to family and friends.

Reviewed July 31, 2009

Yes, a nice beach location. And if you are used to Holiday Inn's that have no beach, this place might seem nice. But if you are a business traveler and have stayed at a Fairmont, Four Seasons, Ritz or Mandarin Oriental... this place is ROUGH. The kiss of death is a dirty bathroom. Then, the cheap closet door fell apart. Bed was poor. Balcony had an ocean view, but 5 inches of space--why advertise that as a balcony? No refrigerator or in-room mini-bar. TV cabinet was totally beat up and had an ancient tube TV with a terrible picture. Walls in room had lots of marks. Bathroom was the kiss of death... dirty shower curtain and floors. Clearly, management does not care. Hilton Corporate may want to pay a visit too. I was awaken by small children screaming early in the morning... Bad. Decided by 10AM the next morning to go to the Shores Resort. Not concerned about the cost at this point. Again, if you are a middle income family with kids, this place is a great location by the beach and the rooms are reasonable. But beware... lots of HS and College kids come here too and they've beat up some of the rooms and can make a lot of noise. Dining was below par. Room service ended early. Menu had typos. Not a resort. It's a kid-friendly high-rise beach hotel. Tried to make a business call and the person on the phone could hear kids screaming in the hallway. Ouch. Reminds me more of the cheap parts of the Gulf than the Ocean side of Florida. To get a 5 Star Hotel you probably have to go all the way to Amelia Island, so the competition in Daytona is not great. But, we'll try the Shores Resort nearby and post a review if it too.

FINAL THOUGHT: If you have kids and want a deal on the beach, this is your place. If you want relaxation, nice dining, a clean room or any amenities beyond the basics---this is not your place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ChetX5150
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Got a fantastic price through Hotwire. Check-in was fast and staff was friendly. We received an ocean front room. Location of hotel was perfect. Room was clean. You have to pay to park. $9 per day for self parking or $17 per day for valet parking. Several restaurants, plenty of food options. Fireworks in back of the hotel every Saturday night during the summer. Would absolutely stay here again. Looking forward to our next trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StPete_FLMark
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed Friday and Saturday night, July 24 and July 25 and I cannot remember a worse experience at a hotel. First was their parking deception......they do not have any free parking. They have valet parking for $17 a night or parking across the street and behind a BBQ restaurant, for $9 a night. Don't think you can find parking for free because it's not possible unless you want to possibly have your car towed. Checking into the hotel took about 2 hours friday afternoon. The parking attendants (kids) who parked the cars were all a bunch of wise guys. My wife checked in and I waited in the car and I had about four or five different attendants ask me for Valet parking and when I said no they all had some wise guy answer back to me. I wanted to carry my own luggage but could not get a luggage carry even though I asked one of the parking attendants for one....he said no I could not use it even though he was just standing there and not using it at the time. Second, the room was way too small and did not have either a microwave($10/night extra) or a refrigerator($10/night extra) unless you paid the extra charge for it. You also have to pay extra if you want to use the internet in the room.($10/night). Third, we were put on the 11th floor of the North tower so we were just that much further away from the parking and from the main pool which was at the end of the south lobby.

My advice to anybody with a family on a budget who stays in Daytona more than one night is to go to an extended stay hotel such as The Residence Inn Daytona Beach or a similar hotel not on the beach. These hotels come with fully equipped kitchens including refrigerator and microwave and you're only a couple minutes away from the beach. If you must stay right on the beach, beware you will pay up to 50% more on lodging, food and parking than staying a couple of miles down Speedway Blvd.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family