“The only place to stay in Daytona!”

Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village
Ranked #27 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reno/Sparks
“The only place to stay in Daytona!”
Reviewed March 31, 2009

This is a wonderful hotel with all the amentities needed. I was perfectly comfortable and absolutely loved the view. From what I could tell every room has an ocean view. The valet is great and had my car ready quickly every morning. They get an A+ for everything. I really could not have been happier. Do not bother staying at any other location when you are in the area. Check out the Ocean Deck down the road or enjoy the Hyde Park restaurant on site. Crusin Cafe also worth a stop. Many choices for food and entertainment nearby.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
florida
Reviewed March 24, 2009

This hotel is right on the beach. Every room has a sliding glass door that's not quite a balcony, but which lets you listen open your room to the outside. I fell asleep listening to pounding waves. That is the good.

The bad was that the parking really was a joke. I waited a long time for a valet and people were helped ahead of me who had arrived after me. On top of that, I was delayed from leaving by a half hour because the valet LOST MY CAR. And then the young man tried to blame it on me. How in the world could I be at fault for the valet losing my car?

Reception was efficient, but also imperonal and unfriendly. They could not have cared less that I was a Diamond member- very shoddy service. The room itself was well worn and felt a little dirty. I probably wouldn't stay here again just because it is a Hilton- I'd probably take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
oklahoma city
Reviewed March 12, 2009

This hotel is ideally situated on the beach. Walk out the back doors, down the steps, across the clocktower plaza, the boardwalk and your toes are deep in sand! The view is fabulous from your room.

The hotel staff --from the reservation clerks, maids, and resaturant staff--- were extremely friendly.

The workout gym is clean with well-maintained treadmills, bikes, and several multi-purpose weight stations along with a good selection of barbells.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank servok
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2009

I travel to Daytona usually 2 - 3 times per year. I usually stay in less expensive hotels that are just as nice as this one, but a little farther from all the action. In the future I might consider staying in this hotel again not only because of the location but because of the wonderful customer service I received from Hilton. I had some issues with the hotel booking itself, which were promptly taken care of by one of the hotel managers. She was very profession and customer-focused. After my stay, I had noted in the email survey they send out that I was disappointed that self-park was full and we were given the option of either using valet parking or parking elsewhere and coming back to self-parking, which meant paying twice for parking. The next day, the valet manager called me at home to apologize.

The room itself is nice. Not great, but nice. The "balcony" is really just a sliding glass door with a railing behind it. The view is great, the room was quiet, and the beds were comfortable. The shower drained a little slowly and the toilet didn't always flush very well, but other than that the room was clean and we had no complaints. With this Hilton you are defintely paying for location, not posh amenities, but location is king so I might stay here again in the future.

• Liked — Location, Location, Location!
  • Disliked — The parking situation leaves a lot to be desired
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MierGen
Michigan
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We decided to make a quick stop in Daytona on our way to Orlando, so I Pricelined a 3.5 star hotel and this was what we got. We could not have been happier! We were supposed to have a room without a view, but my husband asked if the hotel was full (it was Jan. 17--off-season) and when they said no, he asked if it would be a problem to have an ocean view. We ended up with a beautiful room on the 16th floor and the view was spectacular. The entire staff was friendly and helpful from the moment we pulled in through the time we departed, and the location and grounds are beautiful. I would not hesitate to stay here again, and definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Nice decor, clean
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2009

This has to the best hotel in Daytona Beach. The location is close to everything sure parking can be a pain but let's face it, this is a big hotel in busy area. If you want free parking go down the street to a smaller hotel. The valet was great and very helpful even though he knew I was self parking.

The rooms are bright and very very clean. Coffee in the room or in the lobby. You need a key to get to the rooms through the elevator. Eveyone I saw greeted me with a smile and a hello.

I am so glad I found this hotel and will stay there again.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Monroe, Georgia
Reviewed January 7, 2009

The first impression upon arriving at this hotel was where is the bell captain or head valet because the parking situation was chaotic. After 45 minutes I realized the problem was due to Daffy Duck being in charge of the parking operations. I know this hotel is near Disney but having cartoon character running the hotel is not good for business. This hotel since it is across the street from the convention center has elected to make parking a profit center. Hence parking at this hotel is not free. But worse than that is that the parking lot if full then requires that if you want your car near to the hotel to park in the valet parking for $17.00 a night. Over thanksgiving I stayed at a Comfort Inn in Brooklyn, whereat there was no charge for parking, but there is a charge for parking at the luxury hotel in Daytona Beach. This however was not the worse event. After being told that I had to pay for parking I was also told that I could not leave the bags (no bell captain)but would need to trudge across the street after parking. Upon going outside after checking in I was informed by a memeber of the valet staff that the parking lot was full and that I would have to pay for Valet parking. I proceeded to the parking lot only to find from the attendant that indeed the parking lot was full but that the valet parking service at the north tower could validate my ticket for regular parking.(Shouldn't the registration clerk have informed me of this?) I then proceeded to the North Tower where due to the fact that Daffy and Donald and children were running the show and I waited inline for 30 minute to give the car to a valet. So from check in to the time I actually took the bags out of the car 45 minutes.

As to the room the layout was fine but no better or worse than a Comfort Inn. I did find that the two dead roaches in the bathroom, the cracked lap shade and the apparent caramel smudged on the room door were less than what should be expected at any hotel. Also I used a cup to brew tea the first evening. I guess this was a problem since the next day I found only one cup remaining in the room.

Also with regard to check out I found on the bill that I was charged for both valet and self parking. (I guess I brought two cars)

As to the hotel facilities I enjoyed the Legends bar. For breakfast since I thought $3.00 for toast was ridiculous I walked down the street to the Starlite Diner where you can have an excellent breakfast for less than $10.00. I utilized the exercise room which was superior to most that I have encountered at a hotel. However having the machines face the east presents a problem for early risers who have to stare into the sun. Also the TV in the exercise room is located catty corner to the rear which makes it difficult to watch.

Unfortunately I believe this hotel caters to the convention crowd and the rest of its guests are treated as second cousins. I believe Conrad Hilton would not be pleased with the hotel and it current operation. The hotel should concentrate on making its profit from its accommodations and not trying to nickel and dime its guest. There should be no charge for the internet(try going wireless)nor for regular parking and a guest should be guaranteed a parking place. Also, as a Hilton rewards member my information should be readily accessible a the front desk. I should not be the person who has to have that information on my person.

• Liked — exercise room and pool
  • Disliked — lousy service
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank oldgeorgian