4,729 results
All reviews self parking doc bales north tower across the street convention center amusement park ocean front valet service ocean center oceanfront room bike week spring break ceci boardwalk daytona scott conference
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2015

As i am writing this, I have one more day to stay, but I have plenty of feedback to give thus far, so I thought I'd go ahead with the review. I was here on business, I checked in after dark. When I pulled into the entrance I was told I could not check in or leave my car there to check in, I had to park "over there." I asked if they were kidding and the valet said no. So since "over there" could have meant anywhere across the street I drove by 2 parking lots (neither had a sign saying it was for Hilton guests). Of course I chose the one "over there" that looked well lit and safer as I am a female traveling alone after dark. When I got all my bags and walked back to the entrance over a block away I expressed my displeasure to the check in staff, they apologized and said it was the protocol. By the way, I had chosen incorrectly, the lot I was supposed to park in was the less safe one, so I had to go move my car again, in the dark.
The rooms are OK, the bed is OK, they are worn (i.e. wallpaper is peeling, everything needs to be freshened up) but clean. The food options are good on premesis, but service is SLOW and the hostesses have no personality but whatever.
The meeting rooms are noisy and cold, but aren't they all?! The public bathrooms in the conference area are weird. The toilets have lids on them and they are akward to flush...I don't think they are commercial toilets. They are clean, but weird!
During my stay there was a LARGE international conference in town that was quite odd. You had issues walking through the hallways or navigating the lobby because they were just sat on every chair and the floor spread out EVERYWHERE meditating and memorizing. It just made it akward to walk anywhere in the lobby, halls, or restaurants with people sitting everywhere on the floor. I was suprised management did not try a little harder to control this issue, it was unappealing to the average guests and gave a bad impression of how the hotel is managed. Also, all of the doors to the outside were open at all times (i.e. there was no key reader to let only guests in) so anyone strolling along the beach or the boardwalk had ample access to the hotel and facilities.
Yesterday afternoon I went to the famous parking lot and got my vehicle to go to lunch, the gate would not open, again this is an unmanned parking lot. I called on the speaker and told the attendent that the card reader said my card was valid, but the gate would not open. They said they would have someone over momentarily. Ten minutes later I'm still sitting waiting to get out of the gate. Two Hilton employees walked by but said they were unable or unwilling to help. I rang the attendant again and she said she sent someone. I waited a few more minutes and the car behind me tried his luck as well. The gate would not open. We eventually decided to try to open the in gate get back in our car quickly and go out the entrance. This worked...but really, should I have to do this?! When I returned, the gate was just gone, so now anyone can come in and park for free....YEH!
The last straw was after dinner last night. I returned to the parking lot at 6:30. I saw a guy standing around, so I waited in my locked car until he left to get out. When I did get out of my car he turned and started following me toward the hotel. I've never walked so fast in my life, he only turned around and walked away when I was approaching the valet area of the hotel. Did I take the time to alert management? NO....what good would it do? They have already shown me that safety of the guests is not a concern.
So...would I recommend this hotel? No...I expect more out of a Hilton and you should too.

Date of stay: February 2015
8  Thank melinnc1979
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2015

While all reviews whether positive or otherwise are appreciated as it helps us to better focus on areas of our hotel a guest may feel needs to better addressed, we are deeply disheartened to read your review this morning and learn we have fallen short of your expectations. We do appreciate your reference to our clean accommodations but are sorry to hear that you felt uneasy during your stay. We can assure you that the safety and security of guests is of the utmost importance to us. While self-parking is available across the street, valet parking is also available for our guests. This would be a more convenient and beneficial parking arrangement for any guest traveling alone at night. Please accept our apology; knowing that a guest has left us with anything less than a great experience is something we never wish to hear. We really wish that you would have alerted management to any concerns you may have had during your stay as they are always available when needed. Thank you for your feedback, your review will be shared with our team.

Reviewed February 4, 2015 via mobile

Stayed in an ocean front mini suite.
What can I say- it is a Hilton. That hotel does not disappoint. The bed is ultra comfortable
The bathroom had luxury appointments
And the old ocean walk just steps away is cool too. So is the convention center across the road.
The bed

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dunmax

We’re glad you loved us and we couldn’t be more pleased knowing that you found your accommodations to be comfortable and luxurious too. Thank you for your review of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, we hope you’ll return again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2015

This hotel has it all, great rooms, great views, great service. I have stayed here now multiple times, and every time has been at or above my expectations. Great location and responably priced for the area.

Date of stay: January 2015
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Lawrence N

Thank you! Wow, how wonderful it is to have the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort be referred to as an excellent hotel by a guest who keeps returning. We’re so glad you enjoy everything about our hotel and that we always exceed your expectations. We look forward to continuing your great service on your future stays.

Reviewed February 2, 2015

Been to this hotel several time and had very good experiences every time.Nice beach area conference rooms are well lit.The room climate control was good. The hotel staff was very helpful.All areas of the hotel was very clean and maintained.

Date of stay: January 2015
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nothing pleases us more than hearing from a returning guest who always enjoys their experience here with us at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. Thank you for your review and for your compliments to our conference rooms, our staff and our clean facilities too.

Reviewed February 1, 2015

Dont expect any kind, friendly or helpful employees working here. The front desk does not treat you with respect, or deign to take the time to help you. Managers were the same. Not to mention figure out how to park your car for less than $15 a day and props to you.

Date of stay: February 2015
3  Thank milly55555

We are very sorry to learn we have fallen short of your expectations. Our staff here loves to go above and beyond to give our guests the best experience possible and if for any reason you did not feel this way during your stay we sincerely apologize. Thank you for your feedback.