“Terrific stay!”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We decided to make a quick stop in Daytona on our way to Orlando, so I Pricelined a 3.5 star hotel and this was what we got. We could not have been happier! We were supposed to have a room without a view, but my husband asked if the hotel was full (it was Jan. 17--off-season) and when they said no, he asked if it would be a problem to have an ocean view. We ended up with a beautiful room on the 16th floor and the view was spectacular. The entire staff was friendly and helpful from the moment we pulled in through the time we departed, and the location and grounds are beautiful. I would not hesitate to stay here again, and definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort

Reviewed January 19, 2009

This has to the best hotel in Daytona Beach. The location is close to everything sure parking can be a pain but let's face it, this is a big hotel in busy area. If you want free parking go down the street to a smaller hotel. The valet was great and very helpful even though he knew I was self parking.

The rooms are bright and very very clean. Coffee in the room or in the lobby. You need a key to get to the rooms through the elevator. Eveyone I saw greeted me with a smile and a hello.

I am so glad I found this hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2009

The first impression upon arriving at this hotel was where is the bell captain or head valet because the parking situation was chaotic. After 45 minutes I realized the problem was due to Daffy Duck being in charge of the parking operations. I know this hotel is near Disney but having cartoon character running the hotel is not good for business. This hotel since it is across the street from the convention center has elected to make parking a profit center. Hence parking at this hotel is not free. But worse than that is that the parking lot if full then requires that if you want your car near to the hotel to park in the valet parking for $17.00 a night. Over thanksgiving I stayed at a Comfort Inn in Brooklyn, whereat there was no charge for parking, but there is a charge for parking at the luxury hotel in Daytona Beach. This however was not the worse event. After being told that I had to pay for parking I was also told that I could not leave the bags (no bell captain)but would need to trudge across the street after parking. Upon going outside after checking in I was informed by a memeber of the valet staff that the parking lot was full and that I would have to pay for Valet parking. I proceeded to the parking lot only to find from the attendant that indeed the parking lot was full but that the valet parking service at the north tower could validate my ticket for regular parking.(Shouldn't the registration clerk have informed me of this?) I then proceeded to the North Tower where due to the fact that Daffy and Donald and children were running the show and I waited inline for 30 minute to give the car to a valet. So from check in to the time I actually took the bags out of the car 45 minutes.

As to the room the layout was fine but no better or worse than a Comfort Inn. I did find that the two dead roaches in the bathroom, the cracked lap shade and the apparent caramel smudged on the room door were less than what should be expected at any hotel. Also I used a cup to brew tea the first evening. I guess this was a problem since the next day I found only one cup remaining in the room.

Also with regard to check out I found on the bill that I was charged for both valet and self parking. (I guess I brought two cars)

As to the hotel facilities I enjoyed the Legends bar. For breakfast since I thought $3.00 for toast was ridiculous I walked down the street to the Starlite Diner where you can have an excellent breakfast for less than $10.00. I utilized the exercise room which was superior to most that I have encountered at a hotel. However having the machines face the east presents a problem for early risers who have to stare into the sun. Also the TV in the exercise room is located catty corner to the rear which makes it difficult to watch.

Unfortunately I believe this hotel caters to the convention crowd and the rest of its guests are treated as second cousins. I believe Conrad Hilton would not be pleased with the hotel and it current operation. The hotel should concentrate on making its profit from its accommodations and not trying to nickel and dime its guest. There should be no charge for the internet(try going wireless)nor for regular parking and a guest should be guaranteed a parking place. Also, as a Hilton rewards member my information should be readily accessible a the front desk. I should not be the person who has to have that information on my person.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldgeorgian
Reviewed January 2, 2009

I travel 40 of 52 weeks a year. I have traveled all over the world and this is the absolute best property that I stay at, anywhere.
I have stayed at fancier and more expensive; but dollar for value; this is the best anywhere in the world.

1. HHonors Diamond Treatment is the standard bearer for all Hilton Hotels.
2. Views are incredible.
3. Staff is spectacular.
4. Great onsite restaurants.
5. Great nearby restaurants.
6. My favorite bartender anywhere.

7. And did I mention the staff?

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed December 13, 2008

Stayed with our family (party of 8) for 2 nights (had 3 high floor beachfront rooms).
All rooms were very comfortable and fully equipped as you would expect. Our room was at one end of the floor and had a super large balcony looking out both to Sea and inland and stayed in the sun until dusk.
We found the pool superb (and very private given that the resort was relatively empty). The boys would have stayed there all day.
As we only had 2 nights before returning to Orlando our experience of the area was limited although my brother loved his day rental of a Harley (about £120 all in).
We didn't use too much of the hotels facilities but they were extensive and on site. We did like the bar adjacent to Bubba Gumps.
Parking across the street was good for me ($8 per day) although my brother was equally happy with the valet paking which was about double the price.
If you get a good deal at the Hilton, I am sure it has to be the best choice on the beach. An advance deal in my view is necessary as I wouldn't have wanted the walk-in rate.
We did look at a ground-floor Cabana room, but it wouldn't have worked for us, and all Cabana's appear to be in the shade for most of the day (which in high summer might be most welcome, but not in the Autumn). If back in Daytona, this will be our choice.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Neil&Sue
Reviewed December 7, 2008

Stayed here for three nights in November. Its a huge hotel and as you would expect from a Hilton it was very clean and spaceous. Sadly we were there at the end of the season and found both the hotel and Daytona Beach almost like a ghost town. Thats not a fault of the hotels, it was just the wrong time of year to be there. We have planned to return to Daytona in March 2009 for Bike Week and would certainly stay at this hotel if the rate wasnt exorbitant.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2008

First off I didnt book this hotel it was a package for my daughters cheer competition. The location was great for out visit.This hotel is HUGE so expect a long walk any where and it includes stairs and ramps.
The parking is $17pd for valet and $9pd for self parking 2blocks from the north tower in which we were in.Valet guys were very nice and informative especially Jesse. Unfortunatly with as much as we needed our car which was 7-10 times a day over 5 days valet wasnt tipped for their service as they expect to be.When you pay $230pp for the trip parking should be free.
To get to the rooms you must have you must have you key card which can be annoying and anyone can get to the floors regarless by telling someone to push your floor.
The rooms were out dated.They didnt have the marble counters of the Hampton inn's I have stayed at or nice plush towels.Paint and wall paper was peeling.The balcony was what they call a "toe bacony"and they mean it.It was a nice view of the ocean.You do how ever have to choose between the beautiful sound or heat cuz if you open the door the heat turns off.
The restaurants were only open during certain times and to expensive for the average person.Housekeeping was horrible.They didnt clean our room for 2 days even though we called numerous times.The shower didnt drain properly and when it did it backed up into the sink.
In all I would not choose this hotel in the future.It is out dated,over priced,under staffed,and way to large.

• Stayed: November 2008