“Watch out”

Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Watch out”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Watch out all kind of hidden fees. Hotel just average. Great location that's about it for good stuff. Pools small packed. Look around for other hotels as there is a lot of places near. Rooms not very clean dirty walls. Parking is a nightmare.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Pod2421
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
All reviews are appreciated, whether positive or otherwise, as it helps us to focus on areas of our hotel a guest may feel needs to be further addressed. We can assure you that none of our fees here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort are hidden. All fees are published on our website for our guests to review before making their reservation. Our daily resort charge of $12.00 includes unlimited in room Wi-Fi, $5.00 off your food and beverage purchase up to $50.00 or $10.00 off your purchase over $50.00, a one hour boogie board or bike rental, a 15% discount on clothing in our Beach Emporium Shop and much more. Parking fees as well are also listed on our website. We understand your frustration as parking in any city area or prime travel destination can get really busy at times and we may experience this from time to time as well. Thank you for your feedback.

Tom Manno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
Palmdale, California
Reviewed June 8, 2014

In on 6/1-6/2 back 6/5-6/6. The ocean views are breathtaking. The hotel has many pluses for Gold Hilton Honors members. Plus, both my arrival dates offered great room rates. Timing was good. There was no up grade the first night but room 807, ocean front was nice. Hotel room was not that spaces but the bathroom was very spacious and clean. No spiders. Check in with Lateresa at front desk was efficient and with a smile. My return, for one night, was not efficient. The upgrade to the concierges floor should be an embarrassment to Hilton corporate. If the rate had not been excellent, I would really have been upset. Room 1623 was old, run down, in need of paint, and new furnishings. Ocean front at this position in the hotel was less desirable to the 8th floor. Upon check out, I was able to speak to my poor check--in experience(name unknown) and guest room issues with Lateresa who checked me out. She apologized and made a 50 percent adjustment to my room rate. If your plans are this hotel, and a gold or platinum member, make sure if you are up graded that the renovations have been completed to this floor. I was advised renovations would be starting soon. This area good be my new home, therefore I want to be able to suggest this property with confidence.

Room Tip: Get clarification before you pay for higher floor. Ocean view may offer a better room to ocean fron...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
We want to be one of the first to welcome you to your new home in the Daytona Beach area. Thank you for being a Hilton Gold Honors member and a loyal guest at the Hilton Hotels. Please except our apology if your room for your second night did not meet your expectations. Areas and guest rooms in the hotel are currently being updated and we will continue to upgrade and refurbish as to provide our guests will more comfortable and pleasing accommodations. Thank you for your review and your feedback. We can assure you that you may refer our hotel with the greatest of confidence.

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The room was average, clean but outdated. The interior and exterior of the hotel is nice. The staff was generous and the pool and spa area was decent. I don't have any complaints my only tip would be to update the rooms, the furniture looks old fashion and worn out.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank queenie1989
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We appreciate your comments and would like to assure you we are in the process of updating and refreshing our guest rooms to ensure our guests a more enjoyable stay. We hope you’ll be back for another stay with us soon.

Alloway, New Jersey
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Hilton. I am using points and I am a gold card member. I got a room Oceanfront, on the top floor. Great view. Since I was a gold member they gave us free breakfast each morning 15% discount on stuff in the hotel gift shop. 15% off at the spa. One hour free boogie board or bike rental.

Room is clean and good size. The furnishings are not great but this is on the beach. Room is maintained well. One elevator of 4 was out of service for refurbishment for a few days. The breakfast was a buffet that was well stocked and a cook doing fresh eggs or omelet.
Now while we were there a group of 600+ teenagers and 200 chaperones from a church summer camp checked into the hotel. One would think that it would be insane. But the hotel made accommodations for them to eat separate from the rest of the people and they kept entertained in the meeting rooms and on the beach. It was fun to watch they were all very polite and understood the impact they could have. The only problem they caused was packed elevators but the three elevators that were running kept up and you did not have to wait long for one. The hotel had to clean all the room quickly because tons of cars starting checking in all day for a school reunion party and no issues.
We stayed for a week and had no problems at all. There was a manager standing at the check in counter whenever we went thru. So if there was a problem he could handle it.
The only negative is the pillows are pretty work feather pillows. If you don't use feather pillows then ask for another kind.
Parking tip. Park in the open Hilton lot if you are not valet parking. The covered garage on the north end is more expensive and is not for going in and out a lot. You pay each time you do. The outside open lot is on the south end they did not give a sticker or card or anything you just park in it. After parking in it you can tell them you did and they will tack $12.00 a night on your bill. Wink, wink you get no identifying thing that let's them know you are a hotel guest.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
First of all we want to thank you for being a Hilton Gold Card Member. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Hotels and we want to thank you for spending the week with us at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We are used to big groups and continuous activity here especially during the busy months, we enjoy all the different people we meet and are grateful for your praise in reference to the hotel being so capable of handling such crowds and events. Thank you for kind review, we do hope that you will be back for another stay with us in the near future.

Canton, Georgia
Reviewed June 7, 2014

First off, I'm only 13 yrs old, so I don't normally pay for much of my trips. I like to think this allows me to focus on experience, without price in the back of my head. I went to this Hilton for a Christian summer camp. And whoever on the planning team chose this place, someone give him a cookie. This place was AWESOME. Our limits were the south tower, the amusement park beside it, the ocean shoppes, and the bandshell. Despite this, we were entertained all week! It has beach access, the Ocean Shoppes were a great place to go, and the view from our room was terrific.

Our room was on the 7th floor, facing the ocean. The beds were very soft, as near as i could tell not at all 'starchy' like other hotel's. There is a glass door in the glass wall for most rooms, opening out onto a balcony that protrudes about six inches. still, the railing is a handy place to hang clothes, and looks great. We had a TV, though we weren't allowed to use it, but it was stored in a cabinet with good dresser room and shelving. there were two sinks, one inside the bathroom and one out, a smart idea for multiple people. The bathroom was great, it looked semi-expensive and well thought out. The closet might have been a bit on the small side, though. There was a nice coffee maker as well (I didn't use it.) Also, the rooms come with a safe for important items, a nice touch. all in all, rooms get and A+!

All our meals took place at the bandshell, a very nice place, so I can't tell you about breakfast there. their other services, though, were GREAT. they had a large gift shop, a few bars, a steakhouse, and the architecture everywhere, in and out, looked exquisite.

The pool.... Don't get me started on the pool. I'll do it anyway. the South tower pool is amazing. Vary large, with a waterfall and a portion crossing inside. the inside portion also has a nice fake-rock formation, with a hot tub nestled on top, and another hot tub outside. plenty of deckchairs, as well as a kiddie pool complete with fountain.

Sleep quality was very good. we had an ocean view, away from the road, and combined with the comfortable beds, made it a lovely place to sleep. with the glass door open, you could hear the ocean, which was pleasantly loud, as well as the other hushed noises of the night.

Conference facilities were good as well, with adequate space and several mirrored doors out. also, the room had several unique chandeliers, a creative design i had never seen before.

This place was terrific. I do hope to come back here, and have made it a priority this summer. as for value and valet, I'll leave that to the adults who pay, but you'll be paying for a good experience, no doubt about it.

Room Tip: I would very much recommend a south tower room directly facing the ocean, not on the diagonal. We we...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Construct M
Let us say for only being 13 years old, you write one heck of a review! You blew us away this morning, thank you for describing us so well. Your writing style is very charming and your point of view entertaining. Have you thought about becoming a writer? We want to extend our sincere appreciation for this wonderful review and also to whoever booked your stay with us here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. They deserve more than a cookie! We’re thrilled to hear you have made returning to our hotel a priority for you this summer and we definitely look forward to your return visit.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had reserved a room with a partial ocean view, and at first was disappointed when I could only get a city view room. I was not disappointed for long! The room was so big and comfortable, I could not complain! I was happy that I could not hear the traffic from the street. The room was very clean, and the pillows were soft. I plan to return there.

Room Tip: Ask for a Queen double city view room for the best value for your money.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tmmarkowitz
Nothing makes us happier than hearing a guest was so satisfied with their accommodations here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort they plan to return. We look forward to your return visit soon. Thank you.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I am a Hilton Diamond and love the brand. However, this is the worst hotel I have tried to stay out. The advertise a discounted rate and then no one knows about it and the staff is rude. AVOID THIS PLACE!! I have not been treated like this at any other Hilton.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jwpolston
First let us thank you for being a Hilton Diamond member and for your loyalty to the Hilton Hotels. Please accept our sincere apology for any confusion you may have experienced in reference to any discounted rate you may be speaking of. All of our discounts and packages are listed on our website and are fully available to all staff at the front desk that may be checking in guests. Although, any discounts or packages that may be offered through a third party site cannot be guaranteed, we can only guarantee the Hilton approved specials and packages on our site. Thank you for your feedback, we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future and have the chance to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Wyndham Ocean Walk
Wyndham Ocean Walk
#20 of 72 in Daytona Beach
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze

Been to Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!