Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wyndham Ocean Walk(Daytona Beach)
  • Pool
Daytona Beach Regency(Daytona Beach)
Mayan Inn(Daytona Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Roomba Inn & Suites(Daytona Beach)
Streamline Hotel(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Plaza Resort & Spa(Daytona Beach)
  • Pool
Fountain Beach Resort(Daytona Beach)
3,416 results
All reviewsself parkingnorth towerdoc balescabana suiteacross the streethyde parkconvention centerocean frontresort feeper dayvalet serviceocean walk villagesliding doorocean view roombike weekspring breakdaytona
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hilton Daytona Beach is a large Hilton establishment that’s literally too big for its own good. It boasts a prime location beachside at world famous Daytona Beach. Our 11th floor south tower room impressively faced the beach and ocean. The waves were so loud that we had to shut the sliding glass door (no balcony) when we wanted peace. Hotel staff made an effort to be cordial and upbeat, smiling and speaking cheerfully whenever they saw us. Our queen bed was a step up from the one we had at the Hampton Inn and Suites in St. Petersburg, but most other categories had this Hilton ranking far lower.

One doesn’t come to Hilton Daytona to mellow out. This area is a prime attraction for college spring break, and it shows. The hotel looks tired all around, as if the workers just can’t keep up with regular maintenance, let alone periodic upgrades. The carpets are stained, the windows are filthy (blocking what should be a glorious view) inside the room and in the corridors, there was black grime under the security bars in the tub, and the pool had a few plastic wrappers floating about. Sure, the pool was quite nice. There was a great waterfall and two Jacuzzis, but even they looked tired. The water in the Jacuzzi was quite low, suggesting that nobody was monitoring it, and the fake stone decorations reeked of 1970s construction.

Parking was no cake walk. As others have mentioned, there was the choice between self-parking in the paid lot across a busy street or valet parking in front of the hotel. Unfortunately, the space for valet parking was inadequate for the clientele, and cars got backed up and inched around each other enough to make even the calmest clam nervous. Again, it just seemed as if the hotel was too big for its own good.

To me, the big hotel feel of Hilton Daytona was nauseating. I couldn’t wait to get away from the piped in, pseudo-jazz fusion music with the obligatory and incessant sax melody. It felt like a poor man’s version of Vegas (and I hate Vegas) or caricature of a big hotel that one might watch on SNL. In addition, whereas so much was included in the Hampton value package, so little was included here. Guests are subjected to $12-20 parking fees, $13 internet fees, $2 local calls, and $20 breakfasts (no discount except for very young children). With tax and tip, you’re easily exceeding $100 for a family of four. Sure, the egg man was incredible, but there’s only so much you can get out of an omelet! Plus, for some reason the staff has been instructed to speak to guests as if they’re deaf. Sure – it’s up beat, but it’s also startling in the morning when we’re just aching for a cup of coffee.

Daytona Beach itself is rather grimy. We loved riding bumper cars, and we found some terrific taffy, but it’s missing the charm of a city not fraught with cheap tourist shops and pizza joints. Hilton tries to juxtapose that by flaunting its brand, but the quality just isn’t up to par. This is one of the homeliest looking Hiltons I’ve visited, so it’s actually not a bad fit for the location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your input. We are sorry to learn that your recent stay did not exceed your expectations and appreciate that you took the time to provide your feedback. Our top priority is the satisfaction of our guests, so we will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate teams to make certain we do everything we can for our guests to enjoy pleasant and comfortable visits. We are currently working on extensive upgrades to our guest accommodations as well as our public areas while our website offers a number of specials and packages featuring discounted rates as well as complimentary amenities like parking, Wi-Fi and our breakfast buffet. We sincerely hope you’ll consider giving our resort another try in the future so that we may impress you at every turn.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was in for a trade-show but since I live so close I decided to bring my wife and two boys along to enjoy the property and enjoy they did. We were in an oceanfront double queen that had plenty of space for all of our many bags (even a three day trip with two little ones takes a lot of luggage). The valet and bell staff were excellent and helped me unload my fully packed Durango on to two carts, one for work and one for personal. The trade-show would not let me take my cart in to the exhibit hall a day early so the bell staff safely stored my cart overnight and then delivered it to my booth.

I needed a mini fridge and the front desk and housekeeping made this happen quickly and the gentleman that delivered it even put some bottled waters in it for us. The view from the sliding window was awesome and sleeping with the window open with the sounds of the ocean was a treat.

My wife and boys were able to hang out by the ocean and pool and enjoyed the poolside dining from the Pelican Bar.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will certainly be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

At the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing unmatched service as soon as you arrive at The World’s Most Famous Beach! We are so glad to read of the occasions when our staff happily assisted you or responded to any requests. Your kind mention of our room view as well as our poolside Pelican Bar are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your feedback and wonderful recommendation, please come back again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Many hotels are good. I would even say that most hotels have minor problems. The way THIS hotel reacts to challenges makes it one of the best places that I've ever stayed. I showed up without a reservation, during Spring Break, for a 2 day business function. Without disclosing my Hilton Gold status, the front desk clerk (Damn, I wish I could remember his name!) not only grabbed me a room - but upgraded my room and gave me complimentary breakfast vouchers. When the parking gate wouldn't open (requiring me to pay overnight parking), the front desk immediately and without any further questions credited the parking against my room - and then issued me a working parking card. When I had my office overnight a package to the hotel, these guys watched for the package like they were expecting a donor organ. Oh - and THEN there is the actual hotel itself. Beachfront view from the room. Great lounge with live music at night. Perfect breakfast (omlettes, salmon, waffles, etc.) in the morning. The only regret I had is that this was a business trip. Congratulations, Hilton brand. For what it's worth, you've earned my business for another year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rbmccau

Wow! It means so much to us to know that our staff made your business stay at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort a memorable visit. We are truly grateful that you took the time to share the examples of customer service you experienced and will be certain to share them with our entire team. Our guests are our top priority and our goal to impress them throughout every moment of their visit drives all that we do. We hope to have an opportunity to impress you further during a future stay at our hotel. Thank you for your kind remarks.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is beautiful on the outside and in a wonderful location. It was close to all of the shops, restaurants, shops, etc., and we stayed there because it was in close proximity to the Ocean Center and Bandshell, as we were there for a cheer competition. We rented one of the pricier cabana rooms, as we were bringing my husband and young daughter, and I wanted them to be close to the beach so they could go in and out as they pleased. I requested a room closest to the bandshell, and they did not disappoint. I was in room 105. The only rooms closer were 101-104. My daughter was excited because she was next door to her best friend from school. What were the chances of that?? We were so excited; we knew it was going to be a great weekend. The furnishings in the room were fine and typical of what you might find in an upscale beach hotel. We got in bed around 10;00, and my husband alerted me to the bathroom. The bottom of the toilette had not been cleaned from the guests before us, and someone had had a severe problem with his bowel movements. With two young girls, this was not only unacceptable, but disgusting. Even though it was late at night, we called housekeeping immediately. A lady came with a bottle of cleaning fluids and a towel. She supposedly cleaned the bathroom. I never looked under the toilette seat. I was so disgusted by the night before. We didn't spend much time in the hotel, but my younger daughter and husband spent the day in the room, as the weather was cold and dreary. The next day, we went to the bathroom before leaving, and I noticed there was still poop drizzled on the top of the back of the toilet seat. I moved everyone outside of the room to wait for the bell man, and told them we would go to the bathroom where it was cleaner (like a gas station or something). I complained as I was checking out, and the lady behind the desk, Christine, didn't seem to care.

I really hope this was just a horrible one-time experience and not indicative of the Hilton chain, especially since we have to come back to the same Ocean Walk Village and like the convenience of the Hilton hotel in Daytona.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SFLPrideCherMom

Thank you for sharing thoughts from your recent stay. While we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our location and property we couldn’t be more disappointed that aspects of your guest accommodations were amiss. We are grateful that you reached out to our staff with your concerns and are truly sorry that despite a prompt response time the resolution did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with our entire team to ensure our guest accommodations are at their very best for future guests. It is our hope that you and your family will consider a return stay so that we may provide you with an exceptional guest experience more indicative of our hotel. We appreciate your input.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hilton should be ashamed of the way they manage this property.

The place was filthy dirty.

The walls and ceiling were covered in dust.

There were dead bugs smashed on the walls.

The bathroom was so nasty I had to wear flip flops in the shower.

Is there anyone in a management position that actually inspects these room occasionally ?

The only redeeming qualities were that it's on the beach and directly across the street from the convention center.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jleknew
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

While we appreciate your mention of our beachfront location, we are deeply disheartened that your stay did not meet your expectations. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is our top priority which is why we adhere to a stringent housekeeping procedure and encourage guests to reach out with any concerns they may have. We wish we were made us aware of yours when it mattered most, but hope you’ll accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you for your input, your comments will be shared with our team.