“Classy, prime location”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I got the hotel for DIRT cheap on a name your own price website. We had to pay a resort fee and some other fees, but it still was an awesome deal. The Valet parking was the best way to go, and the hotel is right by some cool shops and on the beach. The pools were clean and not too crowded, had a neat waterfall and indoor pool as well. I would definitely go back! We went in Nov 2011, and Daytona was EMPTY though. Go eat at the Brickyard lounge, awesome burgers!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you considered it such a value! If you're on the hunt for a great burger in Daytona, we suggest trying the burgers at Legends Sports Bar. We also offer a number of specials and deals throughout the year, so check our site to take advantage of additional savings when booking your next stay. Thanks for sharing your comments and we hope to see you at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort again very soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great hotel.....nice clean room, great ocean view, fun places to eat and drink in walking distance.
I will stay at this hotel again on my next trip to Daytona. I only ate at the sports bar.... App were 1/2 price during happy hour and the food was good especially when it was 1/2 price. I was there with a group rate of 109.00 which seemed fair. Self parking is across the street and kind of a pain....valet was 19.00 a day. That is my only complaint...they should make the valet charge 10.00 a day and make self parking free......and I'd give the hotel a higher rating.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

How wonderful that you enjoyed so much of what we have to offer at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort in addition to all of the great area attractions just steps from our front doors! We love that you enjoyed your room, views and your experience at Legends Sports Bar. We also have dining events like our All You Can Eat Seafood Buffet which are worth checking out during your next stay. We are disappointed to learn of your issue with parking and would like you to know that we offer both valet and self-parking at rates comparable to the area so that our guests can rest assured that there is an ample amount of secure parking for their vehicles. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you for another stay with us.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the Labor Day Weekend and what a nightmare. The hotel staff was obviously frustrated with the management and, at one point, had a server in the Legends Sports Bar tell us how awful the management was... I ordered food to be delivered to our room at check-in...no food (but THEY CHARGED ME FOR IT), we waited forty minutes for our food in Legends AND WE WERE THE ONLY ONES THERE, I ordered room service Coffee for 7 AM the next morning...they never brought the coffee (but THEY CHARGED ME FOR IT). We waited THREE HOURS for towels at the pool and eventually just gave up. The price you pay when you book your room is just the beginning of this odyssey...Parking $20..did you want a fridge $10...microwave? $10 and both PER DAY. Breakfast at Docs? $20 a HEAD (breakfast buffet includes a total of 12 items which included stale pastry's and sausage that sat in a chafing dish so long you couldn't cut the skin). Dinner at Docs (Seafood buffet...lol) $42. a HEAD... the shrimp was BROWN, crab legs were old..the Prime Rib was good but this was a ridiculous price...did you want to get a umbrella and chairs on the beach? $30. and ONLY UNTIL 5PM...Before our trip I emailed the Concierge FOUR times using the link they sent me with my reservation confirmation and no one responded... the front desk personnel were disconnected and uninterested.. The Oceanfront King Room we stayed in was barely adequate...the shower and bathroom floor was dirty... it has clearly NOT been mopped by housekeeping after the previous guest left...we found clothing tags and food on the carpet and GARBAGE in one of the cans underneath the desk. I called housekeeping and a man showed up with extra pillows and towels and "wiped down the bathroom" he also ran the vacuum over the carpet and stood around for a several minutes (no joke) until we TIPPED him to leave. No no no...this is a HILTON in name only and doesn't even come close to the quality you would expect from this brand. Don't walk...RUN... from this hotel. There are several other places on Daytona Beach you can stay and have a much better experience. As a Hilton Honors Member and frequent traveler I can honestly tell you this is in my top ten WORST hotel stays.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Gary B

It is truly disheartening to read the numerous issues you detail in your review. We deeply regret any time our guests experience any inconvenience and encourage them to reach out to our staff with any concerns they may have. We wish we were aware of your disappointment during your stay so that we could have resolved your worries and improved your experience quickly. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly to further discuss your experience. We will further review your comments to ensure we continue to offer the very best service to our guests. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I read a lot of negative reviews about the Hilton Daytona Beach before we went there, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was way better than most of the reviews I read. We had an awesome time. Their are two towers and its a long walk between the two. We were in the North Tower and I think it was the best place to be. Walk straight out and hit the beach. There is a food truck parked on the beach everyday. Chairs and umbrellas are available for rent on the beach. I usually take my own but next time I would rent due to it being a time saver for me and less to pack in my car. There are a number of restaurants in the hotel and in walking distance. Lots to do in the area of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We're thrilled that your stay at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort exceeded your expectations and that your time with us was relaxing. It's wonderful that you enjoyed our beachfront access as well as other area attractions within walking distance of the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay soon, thank you.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked my hotel through priceline and when I went to read the reviews, I was a little scared about what my experience was going to be like. All staff was very friendly...spoke to Brooke a couple of times and Mike and Anthony from Waves were top notch. My flight arrived early and when I called to see if I could check in early, Brooke told me to head on over as my ocean front room was ready. I forgot to ask for a fridge when I checked in and so I called and they sent one up at no charge (even plugged it in because I had gone out by the time it arrived). Had a great view of the pier and ocean. Room was tidied every day and beds were made with fresh towels put in the bathroom. There wasn't one individual that worked there that wasn't helpful and friendly.

Only constructive feedback: towels for the pool were hard to come by; they couldn't keep up with the demand, pillows were too fluffy for me, there was no water available on Monday in the lobby, there is a strange smell in the hallway (at least on the 10th floor) and wish they had balconies you could sit out on instead of "standing room only".

Room Tip: I stayed in the south tower and would choose that tower again if I stay there. It was close to vale...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

It's wonderful to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff was able to fulfill any requests you had during your time with us. We would like to let you know that our terrace rooms offer private balconies while some of our ground floor rooms offer walk out patios for guests that desire accommodations with outdoor space. We appreciate your constructive feedback and will take each of your comments under advisement as part of our commitment to continually improve upon the guest experience we provide. Thank you for your helpful feedback and we hope to see you at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront resort again in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotel Front Desk was Wonderful, All Staff very friendly, Great service, Clean Room..We have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and have never had a complaint. Highly recommend anyone looking for a Great experience to stay here. ........

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We love hearing what our guests enjoyed during their stay and appreciate that you've listed the highlights from your trip. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Daytona Beach.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

THE HOTEL WAS WONDERFUL. CLEAN, FUN AND ACCOModating.
Allie at the front desk made sure our room was delightful and that we had everything we needed. Joyce at the delicious buffet breakfast made sure that I was seated quickly and close in as I had a bad back. Sam at Legends was terrific. I wish I was there longer and will definitly return......Barbara

Room Tip: Oceanfront high up
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We're so glad you enjoyed your recent weekend stay at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. It is a real treat to read all of the interactions with our staff that made your stay with us all the better. Thank you for sharing these experiences with us and we hope to see you again soon!