“NASCAR race in July 2012” 5 of 5 bubbles

$143.69*
and up
Richard Petty Race Car Ride-Along Program at Daytona International Speedway
More attraction details
Owner description: Daytona International Speedway hosts many motorsports events and races throughout the year - including stock car, sports car, motorcycle and go-karting. Since opening in 1959, it has been the home of the DAYTONA 500, the most prestigious race in NASCAR.
West Palm Beach, Florida
“NASCAR race in July 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went to my first NASCAR race at Daytona Int. Speedway this past July with a friend who has been going for years. Parked off-site and road a bus, which was an excellent idea and well organized. Paid extra to get into the pit area before the actual race....What a treat! I felt it was well worth the extra expense to get an "inside" look at things. Enjoyed all of the pre-race activities, and Train put on a good concert. The actual race blew my socks off!!! I had no idea! I'll be back for more.

Note there is a "people Jam" at the end of the race......takes a while for everybody to get to the loading zone for the bus ride back to parking....be prepared with drinking water, your patience, or whatever.

Visited July 2012

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I didn't really pay attention to nascar racing in the past but we've driven past this place before and I thought it might be fun to go. We went to the coca cola 400 in July 2011. Just walking through the gates and up the stairs to the seats gave me the goose bumps! The place is huge and so is the crowd. We went again this past July and bought pit passes this time because Train was playing. It was so much fun!! (except the 110 degree temps). I recommend everyone go at least once in their life. You won't be disappointed!

Phx, AZ
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“wow, what a venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I am not a racing fan, but was in Daytona and the complex looked impressive so we took the tour. So glad we did, very reasonably priced, informative and now I actually want to watch a race. This place is huge and to have the opportunity to be on the track and behind the scenes was quite an experience. I highly recommend you visit if in the area.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank 1helpfultraveler
Bristol, Tennessee
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Awesome Place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stopped in, on our way home from Disney World back in October of last year. We spent alotta time outside looking around at all the displays and memorials of the past.. The 2 statues of Dale Earnhardt, and bill France where really cool! I am a Racing fan from way back, so to me, it was a very moving experience. After taking all the sights in outside, we went in and signed up for a tour of the track, They offer 2 different tours, one for 90 minutes, and another for like 30 minutes. We where on a time schedule, so we opted for the 30 minute tour.. Basically we rode a tram around the track and through the infield, the tour guide was great, as he kept us interested the whole way.. He was very informative, and we learned alot about the track and its history. Towards the end of the tour, They took us over to The "Winners Circle" were we had our pictures taken, The pictures turned out great, and really looked official, they give you the opportunity to purchase them, however we took our own pictures and passed on theirs.. At the end of the tour you get to go in and watch a short movie about the track and check out the last winners car, the trophies and check out the huge gift shop. All in all it was a great experience. This is a must if you are a nascar fan!

Visited October 2011
Jasper Ga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not just for Nascar fans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I am not the biggest fan of Nascar but I am a big fan of history and I dare say this is the most historic place in daytona beach. I took my son here who was 4 at the time and yes we still had a good time the Imax movie was the best I have ever seen so real that my son was trying to grab the water drops from the passing car and I will admit that I ducked alittle bit too I know there have been some changes since we went here so im not sure what is different know but I really loved all the history of the track and the area.

Visited October 2011