“Great service and atmosphere but sushi was only "okay".”
Review of Little Japan

Little Japan
Ranked #40 of 262 Restaurants in Davie
Cuisines: Japanese
Atlanta, GA
“Great service and atmosphere but sushi was only "okay".”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

As mentioned in several reviews, this is a family run establishment and the service provided by the owner and his family was very good. With that said, I was disappointed in the taste of the sushi. I initially had trouble identifying what was "off" as the fish itself was fresh and good quality. I finally realized that the sushi rice was the problem as it was too sticky and had an odd flavor. I know that each sushi chef had there own style of preparing the rice and that other diners might love the way this sushi was prepared, but for me it was too different from what I am used to and detracted from the overall quality of my meal. I also realize that other diners might not share my opinion as the restaurant was full of customers and there was a steady stream of to-go orders going out the door.

• Visited February 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great sushi all the time.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you're in the mood for some fresh and delicious sushi, Little Japan is the place to go. I've become a regular dining there at least once a month and have not been disappointed. The chefs specials are the best. They tend to be pricier than the regular menu items but well worth it. The place is small so your best bet is to go during non peak hours. Keep in mind they close after lunch for a few hours. Enjoy.

• Visited December 2012
Weston, Florida
“Nice”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Very nice, and small Japanese resteraunt. Food is great and the prices are perfect. Excellent for date night or a quick lunch.

Visited November 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Little Spot”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This first time we went, I thought it was good, my husband thought it was ok. We had moved to Davie from Plantation and were missing our fav spots. This was a few years ago. In that time, either I am now ordering better food, or they have gotten better and better. It can get packed on a weekend night. I prefer when they have time to really spend some time on each order, you can really taste the difference. The Christine Roll and The Snow Crab Roll- excellent. The Owner is usually there and glad you are there- always warm and friendly. Great little sushi spot! Ready for them to keep elevating those dishes! :)

Visited March 2012
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I was excited to dine here based on the reviews. Unfortunately, the food was not very good and the portions were small. I was surprised that they didn't have any vegetables to go with the lobster teriyaki meal. Also, you can't order a side of fried rice? The meal was way overpriced. I'd pass on this restaurant.

1 Thank Strifez28