“Best Peruvian in the city”
Review of Granchimu Incorporated - CLOSED

Granchimu Incorporated
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had the best ceviche in a long time, the fish was fresh, great taste. The "Lomo Satltado" was great also. Nice atmosphere, great service. I'll be back soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place is flat out terrific. Every dish we ordered was delicious, interesting, and perfectly prepared.

They serve Peruvian corn with many of the dishes. It is prepared differently for each dish, and also served toasted on its own.

The Ceviche we had was wonderful and very different from that served in most coastal restaurants. It comes in a velvety sauce and the seafood was plentiful, fresh and great tasting.

The paella was the best we've had anywhere. It had both squid and octopus as well as other seafood. Anyone who eats out knows how tough it can be to get them to be really tender, yet here they melted in your mouth. It's particularly difficult with paella because it tends to overcook in the rice after it is off the heat. No problem here.

Apps, the chicha morada (a sweet drink made from purple potatoes), and sides were equally good.

Combine that with fair prices and great service and you have a real winner.

This place is worth going out of your way for.

Note: You can find good discount coupons (as of 4/19) on their website http://granchimu-restaurant.com/

1  Thank CfromNY
Reviewed March 27, 2013

First time coming here, I wasn't sure were my fiancé was taking me. She told me she found this hole in the wall Peruvian restaurant we had to try. Nice clean spot. Food was unbelievable good! Food coma for sure. Our waiter was super friendly and gave us some great suggestions and took the time to explain thing we didn't know. We are for sure coming back!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I tried the ceviche de mariscos a los 3 ahora and it was more than awesome the fish melted in my mouth and the seafood was super fresh... service was perfect and the place was super clean, definitely will come back...

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Grna chime offered great service and really really really great food, I will definetly come back again.

1  Thank Anncastrosity