“Good lunch”

Mazzola's West
Ranked #45 of 258 Restaurants in Davie
“Good lunch”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Always good at mazzolas people is nice, food fresh like home made and price is good. Most of the time im solo but this time I went with my wife we have good time, nice family restaurant

“Italian Fix”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Great Italian fare. Family owned restaurant with friendly service. Very consistent quality. Always a treat!
If you're looking for home cooked Italian then you can't miss here.

South Florida
“Not very Fancy, but pretty darn good Italian!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Friends had recommended this hidden gem near our home. They talked about value, good food, large portions. I looked here and reviews were few, but most were good so we gave it a try on Valentines Day, with the kids of course.

This place is hidden and I doubt many folks even know how to find it, but even so there was a line out the door, a busy Friday night and they do takeout as well.

This is a family run restaurant, with Mr. Mazzola (a displaced New Yorker) running the Pizza station, his wife hosting and his daughter and others serving and cooking. Quite a fun place although a bit small and cramped. The folks are here for one thing, good food at a reasonable price. And that is exactly what we got.

My wife had the Zuppa di Mussels, with a ton of mussels, I had my favorite eggplant permesan, the kids shared a rather large pepperoni pizza. Meals come with soup or salad, the salad was crisp and cool, with a tangy house vinagrette. The garlic rolls are amazing. Portions are large and could be easily split/shared or just to go.

They had a good selection of low priced wines, I had a 1/2 carafe of the house chianti, quite acceptable. For dessert they make their own Tiramisu, Canollis and a few other things. We shared a delicious slice of NY Cheesecake with some rasberry topping. We were stuffed and have leftovers.

This is not a fancy place, or romantic, or anything like that. This is some down home good family Italian food, period. We'll be back to try some of the many choices on the menu.

• Visited February 2014
“Mazzola's West”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent Italian food. All of the dishes cooked to perfection. Service was outstanding. Recommend this highly.

Visited October 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
“My Pasta Fix”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

While visiting family in Davie, FL I had a craving for plain old spaghetti and meatballs. Our son told us about Mazzola's West so we tried it for lunch. What a find! The food was delicious. Nice fresh salad, homemade salad dressing and garlic rolls to die for and the spaghetti and meatballs I had been craving; all for a very reasonable price. We liked it so much we went back the next day for lunch. Chris and Marianne waited on us and helped make both visits a real pleasure. I can hardly wait to return...so many things to try. My next conquest will be linguine with clam sauce!

• Visited July 2013