“Exceptional service!”

Cinque Terre Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cinque Terre Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 265 Restaurants in Davie
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Where the Mediterranean Sea meets the shore, In Italy, lies Cinque Terre, or "Five Villages". The turquoise waters and fertile soil here nurture a wealth of culinary treasures, like superb seafood, pesto, porcini mushrooms and wine. Gifted Italian-born Chef Aldo Marcon honed his skills in his grandma's kitchen pretending he was the "Amaretto Cookie Chef". Broadened his horizons by studying at the prestigious Carlo Porta culinary school in Milan, afterwards wowing his way through many notable kitchens like the well-known Cafe Fiorello in Manhattan. He eventually moved to New Orleans, where he cooked alongside such famed chefs as Emeril Lagasse and Mario Batali. Cultural flare and culinary delights collide at the new Cinque Terre Italian Restaurant. Executive Chef/Owner Aldo Marcon is taking classic Italian cuisine to a new level by combining flavor fusion with the exotic Mediterranean culture, bringing "experience dining" to Davie. Delightful to the taste buds and senses, Cinque Terre sets a mood of elegance and relaxation through inviting colors and ambient lighting, giving its guests a feeling ease. Service adds to the collage of experiences with front of the house staff that is knowledgeable and attentive. The menu offers SIMPLE FOOD MADE WITH LOVE. Imported cheeses, cured meats, homemade pasta, superior cuts of fish and fresh seafood that customers can taste in every bite. Imported Burrata Cheese, served with Prosciutto di Parma is stretched in-house and made into a pouch filled with the creamiest part of mozzarella, the Wild Mediterranean Octopus is poached, pan seared and finished in a to die for garlic-herb sauce and Grandma's Meatballs are simmered in an unforgettable Pomodoro Sauce. Homemade Fettuccine, Tagliolini, Squid Ink Tagliolini, and Pear & Pecorino Romano Ravioli comprise the succulent seafood specialties. To culminate, Deconstructed Tiramisu served in a bowl with crunchy lady fingers, a shot of espresso and Kahlua served table side. The menu is laden with a variety of luscious Italian character sprinkled with hints of Northern Italian flare designed to steer you away from a mundane evening meal.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

They had cute decor and lots of windows and lighting so right off the bat, I really liked the atmosphere. Then our server was so amazing, taking time to explain the dishes, even bringing out a couple of wines for us to try. Both wines were exceptional but we choose the Montepulciano D'Abruzzo.

Then came the food and the whole experience became a disappointment. My fiance had the Lasagna and he definitely ate all of it but didn't seem to be that thrilled about it, but I thought it was pretty good.

I had the Zuppa Di Pesce and I was very thankful that he offered and switched the pasta that originally came with the dish with one that was homemade, but the dish over all wasn't very good because the seafood was cold.

I tried to redeem the experience with dessert by getting the recommended Raisin Bread Pudding but to keep it simple, didn't really like it.

1  Thank chewclue

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband ordered Chicken Marsala...2 dried out "free range" chicken breasts & vegetables. No sign of Marsala wine and no taste. He sent it back. and chose not to order anything else. I had pasta w/meat sauce. It had a sour taste and I ate little. I became sick to my stomach after eating. no bread was served until we asked for it. The service was poor and it is not a large establishment. We went because it was within walking distance from our home...that was the best part of our experience. Going back was not an option for us.

1  Thank Jacqualine A
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Oure party of 5 ate there last night and we all loved out food.
Appetizers, entrees, and desert were all tasty.
We all left full and satisfied.
Service was excellant. Our waiter and the receptionist/hostess could not have been nicer.
We all can't wait to go back.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is a fairly new place which was okay with a Groupon but overpriced without it. $22 Risotto? The food was good but not extraordinary - we were underwhelmed.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My g/f and I were looking for a new restaurant to eat dinner at.
We came across a discount certificate for Cinque Terre, noticed a lot of good reviews, so we decided to give it a try.
The restaurant appears new, clean, and nicely decorated, not over the top.
The menu is not large, but contains good variety nonetheless.
We were provided with some small segments of thin bread rolls, and a very small portion of whipped butter in a dish (not much larger than the size of a quarter); nowhere near enough butter. But the bread was good, and we were given another very small portion of whipped butter upon request.
We started with the Spinach Salad; it looked and tasted fresh, lightly covered with the perfect amount of dressing (in my opinion).
My g/f ordered the Skirt Steak, which was cooked to order and tasted great.
I ordered the Tagliolini Shrimp & Clams. It was pretty standard, and it tasted very good.
Before I even started eating it, I noticed one of the clam shells placed around the outside of the spaghetti mound was broken and missing a piece of shell. I didn't think I would need to be concerned, thinking the clam shell was probably broken during shipment and was not mixed in the pasta and sauce.
NOPE! As I was eating the pasta, my teeth CRUNCHED on bits of clam shell! I had to spit out what was in my mouth.
So the clam shell must have broken during cooking, and instead of the chef throwing out the now-dangerous food, the chef chose to serve it - VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!
Rather than toss out $5 (max) worth of food, the chef thought it would be a better idea to send out a dish with broken clam shell pieces, so the customer could have an unpleasant experience which would influence them to not want to return.
What made it even worse ... I informed the waiter of what I encountered.
His response was simply, "OK"
And no, I was not screaming, yelling, making threats, or anything of the sort.
The waiter did NOT apologize, did not say 'I will inform the chef' or 'manager', NOTHING!
And then after leaving the bill on the table, he chose to ignore us and chit-chat with some other guests, rather than return to accept my payment.
Luckily, they have a waitress with a high sense of awareness that took notice of his ignorance, and she took it upon herself to come to our table and take up the payment.
Subtract 1 star for the waiter we had; insist on the waitress, and you will have a 1-star better experience.
Subtract 1 star for the terrible decision by the chef to send out a dangerous dish. The food was excellent and tasted great. So be sure to reject any dish that contains any visible flaws, because the chef would rather save a few dollars than ensure customer safety and satisfaction.
Combine my two suggestions, and I expect you will have a 5-star experience.