“Not what it used to be”

Dining options: Delivery
Ft. lauderdale
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've been to this location several times over the years but our experience yesterday was less than optimal. There was a strange odor that seemed to be mildew. We chose to sit on the patio, street noise and all, as an alternative.

Service was good but I had the impression that the appetizer and salad was all pre-packaged product.

For the prices they charge one expects better.

• Visited April 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“New & improved”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

They have cleaned up this restaurant and the food has been cooked a lot better. We all enjoyed our steaks & salmon dishes. They have a very good House Mac & Cheese.

• Visited February 2013
Davie, Florida
“Good Lunch, Nice Staff”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

A great place to have a business lunch. The strawberry salad can be requested with salmon instead of steak or chicken. Request the full piece of salmon on top instead of the the pieces. The hostess and service is great.

Visited February 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Surprisingly Good !!!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am kind of a steak fanatic. Generally, only top of the line steakhouses will do for me.
Usually, I find the chain steakhouses to be pretty decent, but nothing to write home about.
However, I was pleasantly surprised by Longhorn in Davie. In short, it was shockingly good. My son was going back to college the next day, so I wanted to buy him a decent steak. We ordered the porterhouse steak for two. It was unbelieavably good. My son fully agreed, by the way. Further, the service was good too. And the decor quite nice. Not only that, but the price was really quite moderate for what we ordered (although granted, we did not order alcohol). I strongly suggest you order the porterhouse, because we went to this same restaurant about six months ago, and I don't remember being so effusive with praise back then. So perhaps it was just what we ordered. So I think if you order the porterhouse steak for two, there is no way that you can go wrong, and will at the very least feel that this place is at least reasonably good. I know it is strange to give a Longhorn a "5" rating, but based on our experience, it deserves it.

• Visited January 2013
Ft. Lauderdale
“Good Steakhouse Chain”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a chain, and while I prefer local places, it is generally pretty good. The service has always been fine, and the food was always good. We go every few months and have not been disappointed. Try it if you are in the area.

• Visited November 2012