“Surprisingly Good !!!!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am kind of a steak fanatic. Generally, only top of the line steakhouses will do for me.
Usually, I find the chain steakhouses to be pretty decent, but nothing to write home about.
However, I was pleasantly surprised by Longhorn in Davie. In short, it was shockingly good. My son was going back to college the next day, so I wanted to buy him a decent steak. We ordered the porterhouse steak for two. It was unbelieavably good. My son fully agreed, by the way. Further, the service was good too. And the decor quite nice. Not only that, but the price was really quite moderate for what we ordered (although granted, we did not order alcohol). I strongly suggest you order the porterhouse, because we went to this same restaurant about six months ago, and I don't remember being so effusive with praise back then. So perhaps it was just what we ordered. So I think if you order the porterhouse steak for two, there is no way that you can go wrong, and will at the very least feel that this place is at least reasonably good. I know it is strange to give a Longhorn a "5" rating, but based on our experience, it deserves it.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a chain, and while I prefer local places, it is generally pretty good. The service has always been fine, and the food was always good. We go every few months and have not been disappointed. Try it if you are in the area.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was nice dinner with an old friend. I was surprised that we did not have a long wait for a Friday night. The staff was friendly and kept us entertained while we waited on a table that suited the occasion.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a fantastic place to enjoy a great meal. It's not just that the food is excellent, but the service is excellent as well. As soon as we were seated our waiter was there to take our drink order and to deliver a hot mini loaf of bread and butter. Caesar salads arrived shortly afterward and they were fresh and crisp with just the right amount of dressing. We both ordered the 12 oz ribeyes and they were perfectly seasoned and cooked medium as ordered. We were both in agreement that it was the best steak we had eaten in a long time. I noticed the manager was going from table to table to check that everyone was happy with their food, and that to me is a sign of a well run restaurant. Make sure to save room for dessert. They all looked so good it was hard to choose, but in the end we ended up splitting a brownie sundae. Decadent deliciousness! We will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We eat here at least once a month and we have never had a bad meal or bad service. I think that their menu is very diverse. You can get everything from a prime rib to trout. I also like the soups - french onion is my favorite. The sides are always ample. I usually take something home with me.