“A hole in the wall”

Dining options: Reservations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A hole in the wall”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We went out as family for my wife's birthday and she requested italian food. We had been by this restraurant many times in passing by on 441. We decided to give it at try.
The interior is nothing fancy at all and the chairs and booths are aged. But this just gave the place its own character.
The menu is very extensive with many veal and chicken dishes. There was something for everyone on this menu. The meal came with a cornish hen and a bean salad for the table. This was a pleasant surprise. Who gives you this as part of your meal! There were two servings of bread, a traditional while loaf and then with the entrees came galrlic bread. All of the bread was nice and warm. The meals were all enjoyed. I myself has the white clam sauce and pasta. There were two other chicken dishes ordered and a seafood dish.The serving size was more than enough. We took two of the four meals remains home.
The wine list is not very estensive but the pricing is the lowest I have ever seen. I had a botlle of Valopolcella for under $20.00. This about $50.00 anywhere else.
The owner of the establishment evn came out and greeted our table. We had a two ear old with us and the little one was very welcomed.
Needless to say my wife thouroughly enjoyed her meal and will be definetly be a repeat customer here.

Florida
“Truly great restaurant”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Had a chance to go back to the restaurant and it was as good as I remember. Use to go to this restaurant 25+ year ago when we lived in the area. Food just as great as I remember, much of the staff still there and of course it was great to see the owner again.

Will be back there soon

“Not what it use to be”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Went here for a dinner with old friends. It has been 20+ years since we last ate here. Same owner, most of the same wait staff. The interior is in dire need of a facelift. The staff was fine, but ready to go home. The food........fair to bad. We all got the app, which is a quartered Cornish hen, then came salads with the house creamy ranch, not! The best part of the meal is the three bean app salad. Our meals were just old and need overhauling. The red sauce ( I asked for an additional side of meat sauce and got ketchup with three little pieces of meat in it. They need to figure out how to get back to where they once were. This is a restaurant impossible site, in dire need of professional help! Save your money and go into old downtown Hollywood to the little Bistros and cafés.

• Visited April 2014
“Overpriced for substandard food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My 9 year old son only eats chicken Francese at Italian restaurants. When we received my sons order, it looked funny and didn't taste anything like Francese, it had no taste and way too thick of a sauce with too much flour. My sister had snapper Francese and the sauce was a Francese sauce. When we complained they seemed defensive and insulted and tried to imply it was just a kids perspective on the Francese sauce. I tried to explain the problem but it was as if we were not being reasonable instead of them tasting the food as it wasnt good. I had the Marsala and the sauce was way too thick and I felt sick after dinner. They need a new chef and a good cleaning and better lighting.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lcozzi714
Miami, Florida
“Great Service, Bad Food”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Recently had dinner at Marino's. We were greeted and warmly welcomed by the owner and our server was fantastic. Too bad the food was poor at best. Our pizza was pretty good but the pasta dishes we ordered had absolutely no taste. Would not have minded too much except most dishes are $14 - $15. Way too much for a fairly small portion of bland pasta. Even the very small salad that came with the pasta dishes was mostly lettuce that should have been discarded the prior day.

• Visited December 2012