“Very Good Food with Excellent Customer Satisfaction!”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Buca di Beppo
Ranked #24 of 261 Restaurants in Davie
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Directly across the street from Nova Southeastern
Transit: Broward County Bus Line - Breeze bus stop on University.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,310 helpful votes
“Very Good Food with Excellent Customer Satisfaction!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Buca di Beppo is a vibrant restaurant. The portions are extremely large and are served family style. I ordered mine to go, and the customer service was excellent. Kudos to the manager and staff as there was a problem with my order and they were quick to correct it and make me a very satisfied customer. I would definitely return and recommend this place to all. Be aware though, they are not cheap, but the portions are large.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Cynderella43

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happily Surprised”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had not been to a Buca in many years. It has never been one of my favorite chains as huge portions are a turnoff for me. However I have to say that the flavors were nice and everything was cooked well. No mushy pasta or dry chicken! If you haven't been here in a while you forget how the festive the decor is. This a guilty pleasure kind of place that's worth going back to if it's been a while.

Visited August 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Dirty Plates, Crappy food & Careless Staff”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I took my family out for "Family style dining experience"...6/28/13
*Waitress brought obviously dirty plates (cheese & sauce still on them) when I made her aware she didn't say anything & brought clean ones back (with an attitude).
* Waitress served food & drinks then disappeared, No drink refill, No asking if food was OK, No asking about dessert...40-45 mins. later she walked in, grabbed some plates without asking if we were finished, placed the check on the table and left.
*Food tasted like pasta was cooked for 1-2 Hours, then ketchup and tiny bit of cheese was poured on it, left out to cool off then served to my family.
*Worst "Italian" food ever-disgraceful, worst service ever.

Cooper City
“Why does this place exist ?”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our dear neighbors invited my wife and I to this place on 6/15/2013 ....With reservations there was a 30 minute wait to be seated........the antipasto > mini meatballs.... entree quatro al forno, and chicken glorioso.... and a Margherita pizza....I am at a total loss to find any of these food offerings worth the drive time,nor the money... mini meatballs..( apparently the chef has stock in an oregano company) basically and kindly put, not good. the quatro al forno (cheese manicotti, chicken cannelloni, cheese ravioli and stuffed shells) I have no idea what this assortment was intended to be.....a bitter flavor that left an unsavory after taste was the result.. Chicken glorioso (no folks, it ain't "glorious" in any sense of the word) alfredo sauce, artichokes,and sun-dried tomatoes......an indescribable taste of confusion that was most disagreeable.....AAAAAHHH......how does a restaurant foul up a margherita pizza ? Ask the kitchen help at Buca di Beppo......Tasteless, soggy crust. the red sauce was pathetically bland......(we asked that the crust be crispy,but not so) Mindful, this place isn't cheap...(Family Style or not)....... I have 2 questions : Why are people patronizing this place.....Answer : They have no idea what an Italian meatball is, nor do they have the palate to discern between a can of Chef Boyardee's spagehetti O's and a properly prepared Italian sauce and pasta.. Mercifully and in conclusion...... I have eaten better pizza at a baseball game.. and I have had better Italian entrees from the frozen food section of our local supermarket. Question #2 WHY DOES THIS PLACE EXIST ? I have no response to that question.

• Visited June 2013
bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? Please make sure to include the date and location of your complaint in your e-mail. We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but overcharge on cocktails”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you order a cocktail and don't say what brand you want will charge you for the most expensive brand. We had a party of 4 and all asked for vodka and different mixes. Thought we were ordering shelf brand. We all had 3 cocktails each. Charged us for grey goose at $10 each.. $120 for cocktails alone. From what I'm told they do this all the time. Very disappointing because I actually like the place. Food was good waitress not the friendliest..Probably will not return because of their up selling..

1 Thank Ana Maria M