“Great tour!”

Fort Lauderdale Airboat Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Airboat tours by South Florida Native Capt. Shawn Meiman. View the Everglades upfront and personal as you ride the river of grass in his custom high performance airboat. Where the pavment ends the Adventure begins! By Appointment Only
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We had so much fun with Captain Shawn exploring the Everglades! We had friends in town and wanted to show them the "real" Florida and give them something to remember and we couldn't have been more pleased with our trip. It's equal parts educational, exciting and relaxing. Highly recommended as our friends also recommended Captain Shawn after their tour.

shawn m, Owner at Fort Lauderdale Airboat Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for your review I truly enjoyed our time together

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been on 3 trips with Captain Meiman. They are always great. He is professional, prepared, entertaining, and educational. Most importantly I trust him with my family safety. This trip was a swamp buggy deep into the everglades for my kids first overnight camping trip. Everything was great (camping, hiking, shooting, food, stories, etc). For safety he has a plan (radio) and back up plan (ATV).

I have also been on airboat with him which was also great. Highly recommended.

Thank you for your review! I truly enjoy spending time and educating our customers especially the kids on this wonderful echo system called “The Florida Everglades” studies show introducing children to nature grounds them and gives them a great foundation and a better understanding of the great outdoors. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your family outing!!!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was very fortunate to be introduced to Shawn Meiman at Ft. Lauderdale Airboat Adventure. I booked an outing with my nephew who is 12 years old and loves wildlife and the Everglades. I'm not a big boat person but from the minute I stepped foot on Shawn's airboat, received the safety instructions and spent a few minutes getting to know him, I knew my nephew Daniel and I were in expert hands. It was a magical day that I will never forget. Not only did he have an in depth knowledge of the history and present day issues of this great preserve of nature, but he also was an excellent and patient teacher with my nephew who had endless questions. In fact he is great with kids and my nephew will never forget it. I would say that if you live in South Florida or plan to come for a visit and have never experienced an Everglades airboat tour, don't wait another second. But do it with someone who is an expert, is licensed and loves it with all his heart like Shawn. Safety is a must and I will admit I did it once before a number of years ago with someone unlicensed and without half Shawn's knowledge and there is no comparison. I would highly recommend Ft. Lauderdale Airboat Adventure, and will be booking another trip soon with friends coming in from New York. PS Take a hat that ties under the chin!!
Linda Milani

2  Thank Rodolfo M

Thank you for your review! I truly enjoy spending time in our wonderful echo system called “The Florida Everglades” studies show introducing children to nature grounds them and gives them a great foundation. Our children are the next great protectors of our natural resources and your nephew is off to a great start!!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have been on multiple guided hunts and sight seeing tours, hands down Capt. Shawn is the best for both. His knowledge and experience left me with an amazingly memorable and successful gator hunt as well as just a wealth of knowledge about the Everglades / Lake Okeechobee and a real enjoyable experience that one rarely gets in todays fast past get in and out sight seeing traps. The mix of education, entertainment, and excitement that Capt. Shawn offers cant be beat.

Thank you for your review! I truly enjoyed our time together Alligator hunting on the Big O

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely one of the most amazing experiences! Capt. Shawn's knowledge and passion for the Everglades and it's history is endless. I will definitely be doing this again!

Thank you for your review I truly enjoyed out time together on the River of Grass