“we feel our food was tainted”
Review of Old Florida BBQ - CLOSED

Old Florida BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 27, 2014

we have been here several times in the past few months and always felt the food, the service, and the value was very good. yesterday (5/26) was a different story.
about two hours after we left the restaurant, we both started exhibiting food poisoning symptoms. painful stomach cramps, nausea, and running to the bathroom. as this was our only meal of the day, it was very easy to identify the source of our illness. we believe the st louis ribs (the only food or drink we had in common) were somehow tainted. as we now cannot trust what is put on our plates here, we will not return.
to the owner, manager, or staff: we were in the restaurant about 3pm on may 26th. for your diners safety, please try and isolate the problem in your kitchen.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

After a day at Holiday park we were starving so off for some amazing BBQ! Good food friendly service but sadly no Jimmy we missed him by a couple of hours. But the food is fantastic.

1  Thank Elizabeth A
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This is the place for Bar-B-Q. The pulled pork is so very tender and the sauces are wonderful. We were so sad when Sonny's closed but this place is better than that. The sides are great and the prices are good. The atmosphere is definitely Gator Boys and old Florida but very cute. They even have live baby gators in the aquarium.

2  Thank Donna W
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Old Florida does BBQ right and does it right with great service in a family friendly atmosphere.

The first time we ate here we were not quite sure what to order so our waitress offered to bring us a sample. If my eyes were not bigger than my stomach the sampling would have been enough. Somehow I still had to have a whole serving of ribs with sides which were delicious.

The baked beans, cornbread and or garlic toast alone were worth a trip back. No doubt this is the place for some great barbeque in Davie.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

As a local Miamian who has been spoiled by my father's great barbecue skills, I have been desperately trying to find a place deemed worthy. I was not expecting to find it before a trip to New York, but I must say I am glad I did. Great ribs, pulled pork etc. Will definitely be hitting this place up when my palate gets the urge to have some good old fashioned smoked meats.