“Way Better Options than This” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Davie, Florida
“Way Better Options than This”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

They could NOT get it right. I got the KISS (keep it simple) burger, medium rare with lettuce and pickle. It came without lettuce. I went up and they gave me some lettuce. I sat down and took a bite and it was as raw as raw can be. The inside wasn't even cooked a little bit. So I went back up. They took over 10 minutes to bring me a replacement. My coworkers had already finished. I took a bite and there were no pickles. At this point I had waited long enough for it to be right, I was not going to settle so I went back up again. I got the pickles. The burger was finally the way I ordered it. Not a bad burger but holy crap what a pain in the butt to eat there. And not cheap. Way better options than this place IMHO.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Wow! Was I surprised...Burgers at their best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was driving along University Drive in Davie, Florida, when I noticed a man standing along the side of the road waving an arrow that read “ Knucklehead Burgers Now Open. My first
reaction was, “Just what the world needs, another burger joint”. I decided to pull off the road and check it out. Boy, was I ever wrong, this was no ordinary fast food burger chain.

Upon entering Knucklehead burger a woman behind the counter greeted me with a warm and friendly “ Welcome to Knucklehead burgers”. As I looked around, I could not help but notice the bright, ultra-modern , clean design of this new establishment, including all white contemporary furniture with colorful logo accents on the walls and ceilings. There were large flat screen T.V.s on every wall, tuned to news, sports and entertainment.

As I approached the counter, I took a look at the unusually diversified menu on the wall behind the counter. Not knowing the concept, I was a little confused at first. Rossalina, the girl behind the counter, was most helpful on guiding me through my choices, making several interesting suggestions along the way. After much contemplation, I settled on the Rodeo Burger (not just your average bacon cheddar burger) and a bottomless cup of ice tea.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that all the Knucklehead burgers are all hand formed with their unique certified black angus beef signature blend of filet mignon, brisket and chuck, and grilled to perfection. Even the best burger in the world would not be much of a burger if it was not for the bun, Knucklehead’s buns are baked fresh daily. This made for one of the tastiest burgers I have eaten in a long-long time.

While I was savoring every bite of my pecan bacon, cheddar cheese, hickory smoked bbq sauced, and crunchy onion ringed topped burger, the very personable Owner/Operator, Alex, stopped by and introduced himself to me and asked me how I was enjoying my burger creation. One of the employees also checked in with me during my meal and asked me if he could fetch me a refill on my beverage. Unlike many of the other restaurants in this category, I really enjoyed the personalized attention that Knuckleheads had to offer.

Overall, I rate Knucklehead Burgers with a 5 star rating for variety, taste, price, design, outstanding service, and cleanliness.

One thing that is definitely for sure... you don’t have to be a “knucklehead” to enjoy this not so ordinary burger joint.

• Visited August 2012